Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2006 Band Crew

Oh my goodness Regina! I am SO GLAD that you are home and healing. What a scary experience for you and your family! You continue to be in my prayers!

I hadn't been posting due to trying to settle everything with the insurance company, rental car company, DMV, etc. Good news is I got a "new" 2004 Mini Cooper today.

It seems the latest kinks are over with at LBT, so hopefully we'll all get back into our regular mode of posting. I hope everyone is doing well. We sure have had our challenges and I'm so glad I had my surgery in June and met this GREAT group of people!

I think I am going to have my band totally emptied on Thursday. I have had the last PB in class I am going to stand. I talk all day, but never know when I can swallow Water. I can not eat anything, solid, mushie, blended or otherwise most days, and I am frustrated beyond belief.

Anyone else feel this way? I just want to quit.

Regina,

I am praying for you. Thanks for continuing to update us. Alkl the best to you.

Poodles,

Giving up is not a good option, but taking a break is. A total unfill and regaining your health sounds like a good thing. I've considered it myself. I'm tired of getting stuck, especially on healthy choices! I actually have no worries compared to what you've been through. Takie care of yourself. The band is an amazing tool and timing is everything. Your house renovations and physically and emotionally draining job have dealt you a tough time. Stay with us!!!

OK guys I made an appointment for a fill for Wednesday. Color me crazy. I'm going to put my hand over my port and make sure they only give me .2. I had to make it with spiegel, but at least its at the surgicenter. This was my last chance to get a fill until June. My schedule is crazy the next couple of Wednesdays so I called today and they said come in Wednesday. I just didn't think long about it.

If this fill doesn't work I'm not getting any more. I just can't take the big PB episodes that close you up where you can't swallow your spit. This last time was the worse.

Hope everyone is on the mend. Poodles take a rest. You have had a hard time of it. Maybe its time for a little rest. Maybe you can keep some in just to keep you honest. :rolleyes:

Reginia hope you are doing better today. You are in my thoughts.

Poodles- A week ago I flew to Dallas intending to get a total unfill. I was at 3.2 and he took out .7. I am so glad that I didn't get a total unfill. With the .7 out I am eating A LOT more but still maintaining my weightloss. Vitamins can go down and I have felt so much better that I started exercising again.

My advice..for what it's worth is try taking out .5 - 1 cc. and see where you are from there. Your situation sounds a lot like mine. I literally couldn't get anything down. I kept carrying my big bottles of Water around and they kept staying full. I couldn't finish even half of a Protein Shake and I had acid reflux all of the time but I feel so much better now!

Poodles, don't quit! I know this is a tough road! I have found that stress really makes a difference in the tightness of our band. I just had my band completely unfilled last week. I lasted a few days without feeling hungry...but now I just want to eat everything. I am controlling my urges pretty well, but I am feeling hungry for the first time in almost a year. I can't wait until next Tuesday when I go back in for my fill. Although I went through almost 3 weeks of not being able to eat anything and losing a lot of my strength, I know I don't want to gain back any of the weight I have lost! I don't want to tell you what to do, but maybe try having just a partial unfill. There is a sweet spot I just know it!

I am so happy for this site! This is such an aweosme support group! Thank you all for everything you contribute! Have a great week everyone!

Poodles,

You as a person are worthy of good health. Only you can decide what is best. Take care.

Did they do away with the rep power? I notice that I don't see it anymore. Kinda weird, anyway!

Hope everyone is doing ok. I was wondering where everyone is as well!

ok, when I made my last post, I only saw the post that Barbara made before Reginas story. It wasn't until after I posted my reply that I was able to view all of the others.... This is not good! Regina, I am so glad that you are ok! I was wondering where you had been and was concerned that we had not heard anything from you. Take care of your self and get better soon!!

This board is acting very weird. On another thread a reply I posted days ago suddently was at the top of the new posts as if I replied at that time. It was days ago.

Off for my fill at 1:00. This better work as I can't take much more of these. This doctor doesn't listen to me so I'm on my own. I wanted to wait until after June to change doctors, but I might ask him about it today. He doesn't have time for problem patients and I don't have time for him.

I'll let you know

Barbara465 good luck on that fill - today and seven days from now!

I'm considering a slight unfill. Not that I don't have hunger - my stomach is growling audibly 2 - 3 hours after each meal. Lately, every bite I take before around 7 in the evening is likely to bite back. I'm going to be extremely careful the next few days and see if I can avoid the adjustment.

This 10 month mark seems to be a bit bumpy for a lot of us.

Am I the only one frustrated with this website these days?

Anyway, I seem to be frustrated with just about everything these days. I am having band issues also. I've had some serious pb's in the last 4 - 5 days. I'm trying to just do liquids for a couple days and see if things settle down.

I believe my problems are stress related. My fill was three weeks ago and while I've had some pretty good restriction I haven't had any problems and then all of a sudden, WHAM!

I'm taking a few days away/alone next week. Think I need to decompress for awhile. The scale is at 191 every morning now and I plan to come back from my mini vacation in the 180's. I've modified my bandiversary goal once again. I am usually very goal oriented but somehow these goals have just not stirred my competitive nature.

I started a yoga class last night and it was wonderful. I have a long way to go to be able to do much of it but I did surprise myself with some of the things I could do. Just being able to bend my knees was so encouraging for me. I don't have nearly the knee pain that I did 70 pounds ago. Still don't feel like a 20 year old but at least I'm not feeling 90 either.

Sure would like to hear from Regina. Hope everything is going ok.

Barbara12 - frustrated with the changes in this forum is right! I have found that if I go to Search and type in Junebies, click on last page, I get here sooner. Are things running slower than normal???

Yoga! I wanna! Along with Pilates. I have a rather fleshy mid section, but if I can tighten it up a bit, maybe I can avoid that very painful and time consuming (and clostly) TTuck. Anyone know what an abdomnoplasty recovery is like? My insurance might pay for that one!

All of this tightness I blame on

Allergies, stress and of course forgetting to take smaller bites and chew chew chew. I got in to some bad habits while I was more "open". I'm sure a lot of this would go away if I'd slow down. Just smelling fresh mowed grass makes my ears tingle, throat tighten, etc. I have been eating better today and I feel better.

Have fun decompressing.

Back from my fill. I only let them put .2 in. The barium swallow showed I was wide open. So what else is new. Doctor told me I was building too much bulk and should not do machines or curves. Just walk and more cardio. I just laughed. Thought maybe I should have my hormones checked to see if I was getting the right dosage of thyroid. blah, blah, blah. I'll just see how this goes.

I'm getting old with all of this. I need a little break from thinking of it. I'm starting Tai Chi classes on Monday. Hopefully that will de-stress me. Mini vacation sounds good Barbara. I could use one of those myself. :)

I need to make spa reservations soon for Vegas. PM me for what you want. I'm going to have a facial and massage. I was also thinking of reserving a cabana for the pool area for Friday and Saturday. there is so much to do and see, but a little R&R goes a long way to restoring our energies. Remember PinkyLee we will have all day thursday and thursday night to see the sights. We will also have Friday night. Vegas never sleeps. :)

Hope all are doing better today. Sending positive thoughts to everyone. PS. this site is driving me crazy. Slower, advertisements, and buggy code makes it difficult. Hang in there. This too shall pass.

I spoke with Regina tonight and she is doing much better. She is driving already (which I think she should not do) and enjoying being spoiled with gifts/goodies from well wishers. Spoiled little Bunny. :) Luckily, her family is eating all the cheesecake, so she is not tempted. :love: Hope she does not mind me giving the update, but saw some previous posts with concerns.

As for my fill, I am totally confused. I will probably go back and forth until they get me into the room. Regina has stated that if I get a total unfill, I probably won't go try again... and she is right. If I get .3 taken out it might be my "sweet spot", as they added .5 last time, but I just don't know if I want to risk it. I have one month left of classes, and not really wanting to give up my sick days for this mess anymore.

I just don't think this was right for me. I am too stubborn, hard headed, carb hungry, and lazy. But at least I am honest.

Will let you know what they find, and what finally happens tomorrow. Wish me luck.