Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2006 Band Crew

Thanks Cathy. I ususally am so positive, I have learned not to beat myself up after having this surgery, so I've been able to get through plateaus, etc. I think some of the joy has gone out of my wedding and I need to reclaim it. Thanks for your positive outlook.

By the way Aimee, you're getting married on my 52nd birthday. I've been through ups and downs galore and I can honestly say that I have never felt better or happier in my life than I do right now. The decision to have the surgery is the primary reason. I needed to take control of my life and move forward in a positive way. That attitude has transformed my relationships with my children and brought a wonderful man into my life. Try to remember how you felt when you made your decision. You can reclaim your wedding joy now. Let go of the stress and feel every bit of it!

Hi everyone...After a couple days of not being able to eat or drink I finally called my doc in Mexico to tell him my symptoms. He felt that I needed to have a complete unfill. So about 20 mins after I talked to him I had an appointment set up in Olympia, WA (the closest place I have to get a fill or unfill in this case). It is 238 miles north of me. They were so wonderful. They just told me to get there as soon as possible and they would fit me in. The nurse said I was pretty inflamed and so they took all the saline out and I have to be on a liquid diet for 10 days to give my stomach a rest and hopefully the swelling will go down. In 2 weeks I go back for the re-fill! I had a couple very scary experiences...so I'm glad I finally got this unfill...now I can drink water! WOW! I really missed it!

Aimee...Keep your chin up! Sounds like the devil is trying to discourage you! Don't let him!!!

Thanks everyone for being here and for all the support you give! This isn't always an easy journey and it was nice knowing I had all of you to turn to when things started going bad!

Cathy, thank you so much for the encouragement, I needed that! Janelle, thank you too - it sounds like you've been through a very harrowing couple of weeks. I'm glad that you were able to have things fixed and that your body will get a rest. A wonderful day to both of you!

I finally had my first ever sliming episode. In the past week, I have had three big golf balls, but I didn't heed the warning...I had three bites of chicken at our office lunch for Admin Professionals Day and experienced the most awful pain. Lasted about twenty minutes. I made two trips to the restroom, finally I just knew I was going to PB, so I got up again, but by the time I got to the restroom, it had resolved completely. I've been taking it very easy since, liquids and mushies and small portions only. I think my last fill gave me more restriction than I originally thought, so I'm going to have to relearn the rules. I've been letting myself get too hungry and then eating the first bites too quickly.

Where is everybody? Out enjoying the weekend I hope. I'm catching up on everyone for the last few days.

Wedding jitters and everything goes wrong at the last minute syndrome. Aimee you have a good attitude and it will see you through. It is so stressfull planning a wedding. When things don't go the way we want it just builds more stress. Take a few deep breathes and decide what is important and let the rest of it go. It sounds like you came up with some good compromises. I know it will be a beautiful event and you will be a beautiful bride.

Janelle glad you got the unfill. I really think the fill/unfill part of this band is the most frustrating. I'm not sure the docs understand it all. Just think if we couldn't get an unfill and had to live through the restriction. I wonder if that is what happens with bypass. In essence its the same thing. They have a small pouch to get food through.

Cathy it sounds like life is going well for you, except for a few golf balls. chicken is a killer to some. Hope all is well now.

I feel pretty good after my unfill. I'm back to eating what I could before. I'm not sure I'll ever get these 12 lbs off that would put me into onederland. I'm going to try harder.

Curves said I lost about 4 inches this month. None in my arms! I've lost 10lbs according to their scale since I started 2 months ago. I'll take it.

I bought a few poncho type wraps that tie at the waist yesterdy at a fair. They are really cute and can be added over a cami or shell. I bought a black/red one, a wild purple/gold, and a gold/multicolored one. They are cute and I think sexy. They tie at the waist so I can pull them tighter as I lose weight. I am finding that I'm wearing a little sexier cut of clothes! Not bad for a 60 year old broad!

Have a great rest of the weekend everyone.

Good to hear from you Barbara465! There is absolutely nothing wrong with 60 year old broads, I'm kinda liken' it myself. I am toying with the 180's. Can't quite get there so I know your frustration with onederland.

Where's Pinkylee?

Hello everyone, I haven't posted for a while and with good reason, you see there is a story to be told here and it is one of great trama for me. The last time I posted on here was to let you all know I was recovering very well from my gallbladder surgery on Tuesday the 17th, things were going so good until I woke up on Saturday morning. My hubby had fallen asleep on the couch in the front room and my daughter and I had fallen asleep in my bed, things were good. I woke up around 7am and had a little ache in my back, i went into the kitchen and started the coffee pot, then back to my bedroom where I went to the bathroom. While going to the bathroom things started feeling weird, something was happening, I stood and couldn't straighten, i walked out of my pants and into the frontroom slowly, my 6yr old DD woke and asked me if I was ok, I couldn't answer, I fell onto a chair, she woke DH up and said something is wrong with mommy, he came to me and tried to get me to respond to him, I could hear him but I couldn't respond, then the screaming started, my whole middle section of my body had completely seized up in a giagantic spasm that would not release, my eyes were bulging from my head and my face was drooping, my hubby was freaking, he thought for sure I was having a stroke. Now remember we live in podunk Texas so it took a little time to get me to the hospital. Once there they started running test and were at a loss, the attacks kept coming and each one was just a little worse, finally Sunday late afternoon they figured out what was happening, they releazed that I had a bile duct leak and that poisenes bile had been leaking into my stomache for now 5 days and it was litterally seizing my organs. Sunday evening I went in for surgery, they wanted to go down through my gi tract and try to put a stint in the duct to repair the leak, so they did, but when they got in there they realized that wasn't going to work because there was actually a tear in the duct, they went ahead and put the stint in though to slow it down some. On Monday morning I was scheduled for another surgery to repair the tear, they went in laperscopicly and opened up the original holes from the 1st surgery but one they got in there the tear was to hard to repair and the poisen was so bad they had to open me up. I awoke up after that with tubes in my nose and throat and and a hole in my side with a pump draining poisen from my stomache, but I was alive. It was touch and go after that, they feared my kidneys had been damaged and they knew my pancreas was full of infection. I was bound and determined not to give up. I spent a miserable 6 days in that hospital fighting for my life, I am now home with a long recovery ahead of me, I have a 10 inch gash in my stomache and still have the drainage tubes in my side, but the infection is GONE and hopefully will have no long term damage from this. I am very tramatized I have trouble sleeping because when I close my eyes I remember the pain of my body shutting down on me, my body jerks when i try to relax because of the trama it has endured. But Thank God I am alive. So as I travel this long road of recovery please pray for me. I no this is long but I wanted my support people out there to know that I am here but do NOT for one moment take your life for granted, it can change in the blink of an eye. I'll post when I can. Thanks for listening.

Oh my God, Regina. I don't even have words to express what I am feeling for you. Thank God you are mending. Through all of this do you still have your band? Are you eating? Was this a doctor foul-up with your first gallbladder surgery? When I first started reading your post, I too thought you were having a stroke. I guess in the big scheme of things you are very lucky. I'm sure another few hours and you would have not survived.

Please keep us posted on your recovery. I know there are many on here who will be praying for you and sending prayers for everyone's journey to better health.

Oh my gosh Reginia. I'm sending prayers your way for healing and for peace. I can't even imagine the panic you must be feeling. I am so glad you are a fighter and didn't give up.

We are here for you. If we can do anything at all for you or your family please let us know.

Right now I'm sure the band is the least of your worries. Just take of yourself and try to get stronger each day. It's just so hard to believe what should have been such an easy operation and recovery turned so bad. Its a good thing you were not alone and your family was near.

Regina, I am soo sorry you had to go through all that! Life is a precious commodity and no one is more aware of that than someone who comes close to losing it. Please accept my prayers and thoughts as you recover. You are a strong woman (I can tell!) and you're going to make it through. I'll put you on our prayer list as well so you can have more people praying for your quick and painless recovery!

:love:

Thinking about you every day Regina. Good thoughts and prayers are being sent from me!!!!! Hope they help.

:love:

Regina,

You are in my prayers for speedy recovery. I had my gallbladder out 1 month ago so this really hits home to me. I am thankful that they were able to find the problem and fix it!

I hit the gym today. It had been a while. I had gb removed and then was hospitalized for dehydration and low blood pressure. It felt good to work out again. I am at my smallest and it will feel good to tone up the FLAB!!

I bought a cute little top at Maurices and wore it to church today. I got

so many compliments. It feels so good to dress my age (SIZE 12 NOW!!).

Big changes are on the way...I resigned my principalship at my school and I am looking for a new job. I have 2 interviews this week! I decided to go back to teaching. My boys need me at home more so I am going to try and get an 8-3 job so I can take them to and from to school. May 25th is my last day at my current job and it will be so weird. I have been there for six years.

Dancing Queen

Dr. Rumbaut

June 27, 2006

257/179c/150ish