Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2006 Band Crew

Wow, Barbara, that's great! I should get to the gym. Sometimes it is so much harder than others. I have been awful the past week. I am so discouraged from not loosing anything that I have been having Starbucks daily and I bought Ice Cream Friday... Every night since then I have made a shake. A BIG one!! SO, I am going to get bvack on track tomorrow... No Starbucks all week. That is going to be a hard one. And no more ice cream. I am going to call Dr. tomorrow and make an appt. for a fill. Has anyone heard that if you are filled too tight you won't loose? I PB so much that sometimes I wonder if I am filled too tight and that is the problem. But then again, there are times that I can eat and eat. i ate almost a whole sandwich the other day, but tonight, all I could eat was two bites and then PB. Why does this have to be so unpredictable?

You never know how your body is going to react to food. BUT all in all, I still LOVE my weight loss and love my band!! All in agreeance?

BUT all in all, I still LOVE my weight loss and love my band!! All in agreeance?

Life is so much better in the oddest of ways with my band! My excess weight ruled in pre-band days. The next progression is an exciting one!

Barbara,

You're my new role model. I'm moving this weekend, and once I do, it's all about the exercise. I definitely feel a restriction since my fill last week. I'm eating about half as much as I was. This morning I ate one small bite of bacon, and had a golf ball for ten minutes. On the positive side, my pants are looser today than when I wore them last Wednesday, though I haven't been on a scale yet.

BTW, the old/new BF is working out beautifully thank you, except for the long distance part, which may not be a problem for long. His house goes on the market next week, and he's going to look for a job in L.A. :clap2: He is the most supportive person where my lap band eating needs are concerned too. Had to know every detail about the surgery and how it works, and was amazed at how little I ate this weekend after my fill. He cooks me eggs for Breakfast and fish and veggies for dinner and when we go out he always orders something with lots of Protein and shares it with me. And he couldn't care less about my saggy wrinkled body, he thinks I'm beautiful and tells me all the time. For those who worry about telling a new guy about the surgery, if it's the right guy, the response might be very positive. I tipped him off in an email before we ever re-connected in person and I'm glad I did.

Cathy I'm so excited for you!!!!!!!!!!! The right man does make it easier, but the road, in part, must be traveled alone. Along the way we meet wonderful people, roadblocks, detours, and some pot holes. It's worth it though. I feel better today than I did in June '06. I'm starting to feel really sexy for a 60 year old. I love getting dressed now and I'm enjoying my new clothes. One thing I have found, which is definitely different for me, is that they don't have to cost a lot to feel and look good.

I think I have restriction, but still not as much as most of you. I'm going to monitor the next few weeks. If I continue to lose lbs than I'll cancel the fill. As long as I'm losing that I have enough restriction. I do think though I will probably need one.

I have read lots of posts about being too filled, PBs, and no weight loss. I think there is something to be said for that. My theory is that they are compensating with liquids and they are high caloric in content. I think the stomach needs solids to continue to work properly and burn energy. However, I would take liquids over PBs and sliming.

Two days so far at Curves and drank all my Water. Look out Barbara's on a roll!!!

I am going tomorrow morning for a fill. Wish me luck! I haven't had one since August, I am a little terrified, now that I know I am actually going in for one!

Momma -- I hope that you get the fill you are looking for.

Hey everyone! I had a chance to sit for a few minutes and drop a quick line. It's been crazy, busy here at training and it's notslowing down. Hummmm, I wonder what I got myself into at times. But I know it will be well worth it.

I have no idea how my weight is doing. I have not had a scale to weigh in over 2 weeks. Maybe that's good and maybe that's bad. I haven't been eating 100% healthy with all the stress but I am managing to keep it to a minimum. I was actually abl to get out last night and take a much needed walk.

Well, I have to go now because we are moving onto the next phase this morning.

Melissa

Hey all! I am back from my fill appointment. I got 1 cc. I shared a ride with a girl who weighed less on her surgery date than I do now! hahaha I am on liquids for 3 days. I was so glad to hear that everything looked fine under fluoroscopy! I was nervous! Let's hope the pounds start leaving now!

Melissa, So good to hear from you.

Cathygr8, congrats on a wonderful BF. You should write a book.

Barbara465 is an inspiration to see also. Got that chance on Tuesday and she looks great! Curves has a walking advertisement. Agreeing with you regarding PBing, etc. Mushies and liquids must increase calorie count.

My take on mushies is that anything can become a mushie if you are willing to BE PATIENT, Take Small Bites and chew, chew, chew. If I'm so smart then why did I blend some Progresso clam chowder for lunch today? (I felt like it)

I've been having trouble visualizing myself at goal. I opened a clothing catalog and there she was. A model I would love to look like (plus a few (!) years). I have one picture taped to the fridge and the other taped to the sugar bowl.

Socalgal, lots of good thoughts you and Mommatrammel's way!

Good luck on those fills gals. Hope it works. Go slow please on introducing food. Give your body a chance to get used to that restriction.

I'm doing good with mine. I am still on target to get one in April. Just a little restriction would be nice. I think I am close, for me, or what I can tolerate.

I am just loving the new me. I have a different attitude about things and a renewed goal of getting this done. Part of this is our own attitude. Talking to a friend last night I said I didn't care what was underneath my clothes as long as I looked good. I know the arms have to be fixed, but not sure I would do anything else. However, we might want to make plans together to go to Costa Rica for some plastic work. Maybe we can get a group discount! :)

Hope more of you find a way to join us in Las Vegas. We have 6 that are going so far. We certainly would love anyone else to be able to join the Junebies for their 1st year reunion.

Keep up the good work everyone.

I went to Costa Rica in December and did a homestay for a few days. The couple told me that alot of people having "work done" in CR have stayed with them. So, let me know and I'll hook you up with a great place to stay! 2nd year anniversary trip for "bat-wing" repairs? Anyone, anyone? heehee

Count me in if I can wait that long. I can't believe how absolutely terrible mine are. I can't even hide them with clothes. I'm going to invent arm shapers. Any buyers? :) (girdles for our wings)