Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2006 Band Crew

I vote for the strip as well. I just though that valley ranch had a great spa and would be different. However their prices are way too much. I can get discounts at Bally's, Caesars, Paris, and Flamingo. I think Bally's will be the best. They have a spa and we should be able to book a show. As soon as I can get a count I'll see what the hotel can do for us getting a block of rooms.

I think a weekend is still our best choice as some of us work. I plan on coming in on Thursday night and leaving on Sunday or Monday depending on airfare. I suggest we do the spa on Friday and a show on Saturday night. That will leave plenty of time for togetherness and time for alone stuff. Either weekend of the 8th or 22nd works for me. PM with your desired date, time of arrival, number of people, whether you want to share a room, etc. and I'll see what I can do.

I couldn't get a fill date until Monday the 8th. I'll need to watch what I eat as I'm a little too open. Self control Barbara, self control. :girl_hug:

Hi Everyone - I have just been catching up on what's been going on. I was busy with grandkids all week and didn't even log onto the computer once.

Barbara465 I am so glad you enjoyed your cruise. And you did really well even though you enjoyed all they had to offer! I have never been on a cruise but everyone I talk to says to expect to gain between 10 and 15 lbs and you were only up 1.3! Wow!

Barbara12 I am glad to hear your husband is home with you. I am sorry that the prognosis is not good but I am sure it is better to have him at home than stuck in a hospital. I will be praying for you and your family that you may have many more days to share together.

Welcome to all the new members. I hope you find this thread helpful and always friendly.

I am looking forward to Las Vegas. I will PM you Barbara with my preferences.

I did not make my Christmas goal - I was 5 lbs short. I was disappointed that I did not make it because I, also, do not like to fail at goals I set for myself. But this is a new year and I did not gain so I will be happy with that and start anew. When I got up this morning I weighed myself and I saw 158 for the 3rd time so I am claiming it.

I am also having the new procedure to reduce the size of my vericose veins. What I am having done is called ablation. They send something down the vein and apply heat which scars it and closes it instead of stripping the vein. It is done on an outpatient basis by a Radiologist and I am to begin walking almost right away. I think the doctor said after two days they want me walking. I will have to wear compression stockings for awhile but at least I can get my exercise.

WOW Lucy 94lbs, how awesome is that! I think that must officially make you the biggest Junebee loser!!! Congrats. When are you having your surgery?

Well so far so good not smoking today, I haven't turned to food so far either. I worked out really hard at lunch!!!! 2007 my new life of on my way to being thin and NOT being a smoker, WHAHOO!!!!!!!

Thanks Regina - I have "officially" lost 60 lbs since the day of surgery. I lost the other 34 before that. Acually my highest was 266 but I did not have proof of that by a doctor's record. Thank you for the compliment. I am really trying.

I can't believe you are willing to tackle not smoking AND weight loss at the same time. Good for you! I hope you make it. Are you using anything to help you?

I have never smoked but my husband did and I always hounded him to quit. One night I had a dream that I wanted a cigarette so bad I could almost die! It really helped me understand what he was going through. He finally quit cold turkey when a friend got throat cancer and hasn't smoked in over twenty years.

Good luck you you - just take it one day at a time

Reginia congrats on a day of not smoking. I smoked 2 packs a day until 1983. I gave it up cold turkey. I sucked on pens lots. It satisfied my fixation of having something hanging out of my mouth! :) If I had known how bad a smoker smells I probably would have given it up before then. You will see what I mean in a few weeks. The reason people gain weight is because food tastes so much better. You can do this. What a great gift to give yourself. In Texas they added another dollar to the tax. Think of all the money you are saving. You should put the money away that you are saving. You will have the costs for Vegas in no time. :mad:

I am using the patch. I lost 85lbs before I decided to tackle it, I should have quit before surgery but didn't. I REALLY want to quit though for my little girl, I don't want her to grow up and smoke, not saying she won't but with me smoking it stacks the odds against her. If I stop now while she is only 6 perhaps she has a better shot! Thanks for the support guys! Yeah I heard they went up to almost $5.00 on Jan 1st. Definetly a good time to quit!!!!!

Oh now Regina, are you sure you want to quit??? My property taxes depend on smokers paying that extra buck a pack.:smow:

No really it is a good time to quit. My mother, father, and step father all smoked, and all passed away before 60, so something to think about. Those cancer sticks are not worth it. I try to think of fudge brownie sundaes as my cancer sundae. They are up to almost four bucks each too.

Hope everyone is doing well. I am doing great since my unfill. No cheats since 12/26. I can eat meat, and I am loving it!!!:hungry: I need to find my scale (it is still packed somewhere) and see what it is doing. If it is going down, you will be the first to know it!

Good day all!!

Happy Wednesday! I don't know if it's the new year or having my husband with me for another day or being able to eat since my unfill, but I wake up each morning with gratitude and excitement.

Yes, I have been eating too much and yes, the scales have tipped a couple pounds in the wrong direction, but I'm ok with that for now. I need time to mend both physically and mentally. It is so great just knowing that I have this band and that I can control the weight gain at anytime I want! I plan to make an appointment today for another fill. I know it will take a week or better to get the appointment and I will be ready by then.

All you Junbies seem so happy. Losing pounds, exercising more, stopping smoking! Just think how we all felt last year at this time when we had just come through yet another holiday with the usual weight gain. What a life changing year 2006 was for all of us. Anytime any of us wants to beat ourselves up for an occasional hot fudge sundae or whatever vice we encounter, we need to look back a year and Celebrate our successes. Just think what a group of wild and crazy Junbies we will be in Vegas in a few months. This trip needs to be a celebration of life and good health for us all. Everyone needs to really, seriously consider this trip and do whatever you can to make it. You deserve to Celebrate your success. You have earned it!

Ok, where's Pinkylee? I haven't seen her on here since the new year. Pinky! Come back, we miss you!

You are right Barbara 12 it is a time for celebration. You do need to take some time to heal. You have been through a lot the last few months. I'm going on Monday at 3:30 for a fill. We have lunch scheduled for Wednesday with PinkyLee and you downtown. Guess you and I will be on liquids!!!! We found the Longhorn on the 3rd fl has chili so you and I can have that.

I am really looking forward to Vegas in June. I've heard from some of you, but sure want to hear from more. It looks like the weekend of June 8th is getting most of the votes. I plan on coming in the evening of the 7th. I would like to arrange the spa day on Friday the 8th and dinner and show on the 9th. We could end it with Breakfast the morning of the 10th. How does that sound to everyone? I'm thinking Bally's as it is centrally located on the strip and has the best rates. I'll call for a block of rooms once I get a better count. They have a great pool. I'll get my DH to arrange golf for those that want to play on Friday. That should give us our together time as well as much free times. Let me know if this is sounding OK to all of you.

I'm trying to control my appetite, but not doing as well as I would like. I've got to clean the house of holiday goodies and get back to the basics.

Hope today is smoke free Reginia.

To Barb12 --"DITO". I agree with all you said. And yes, I know I personally feel better after this Holiday Season over the last.

ToBarb465 --Sounds like a plan to me. I'm going to check out the Bally's Spa (hopefully it's online). I've never been there. Looking forward to the trip.

I hope so many others can come.

Melissa Lea

ok REALLY struggling today! It would be so easy to talk myself into lighting one up. I went the whole day yesterday without much problem, now today WHAM!!!!!! I do NOT need one, I do NOT need one!!!!! BREATHE!!!!!!! sorry for the rant!

Keep those fingers BUSY BUSY BUSY Regina. You keep on typing away. Hang in there. You can do it!!!

Barb --you look great! Thanks for sharing the photos.

And yes, where is PinkyLee?? I hope she doesn't have what I had over the weekend (yuck!)

Melissa Lea

Reginia you can do it. Get a big pen or magic marker and suck on it. It really helps. Or one of those fat pretzel sticks, but don't swallow. :)