Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2006 Band Crew

socalgal3, I am with you today girlfriend. I really wanted to go to Jack in the Box today and order anything but there is NOTHING there that would go down. At least I am admiting that now...I guess the old me would have tried and promptly pb'd. I am really trying to be good 'cuz I don't want to be swollen on Thanksgiving. I'd like to be able to enjoy a little food. Look at you go girl...looks like you are almost 1/2 way there!! When we're feeling this way we should put on something old and see how baggy it is and then we can pat ourselves on the back. I know.. it still doesn't take away the cravings but it helps a little.

Hey fellow June surgery people -

Wow, I'm so excited to have found you guys and so very impressed with the great success many of you are experiencing.

I think I'm doing well with my band - slow but steady considering I don't always follow all the rules all the time.

I've been having a little heartburn lately - does anybody deal with that? I had my last fill on 9/9 and had to go back to have 1 cc taken out because I had horrible acid reflux and it got better immediately. (I'm at between 5 and 6 cc in the big band.) But at night I tend to have issues if I eat to late (need to change that).

Well, glad you all are here! :(

The ups and downs of the band are incredible. I know that longing for the drive thru. The few sips I've tried of colas has left me burning, but it still doesn't keep me from wanting (needing) a Big Gulp! Had a real craving yesterday.

I learned a lot about myself chatting with Barbara465 yesterday. Ditto - If you get a chance to meet fellow bandsters IRL you should do it. It was a lot of laughs. Missed you Barbara12. Hope you're feeling better.

Cindycam - I'm going for the fish.

Melissa Lea maybe your veggie habit is keeping your hair attached. Maybe we should start a veggie challenge? (Hah)

Eligee - WELCOME. I'm clueless on good heartburn remedies, except to stay away from spicy stuff.

I wasn't going to weigh today since it wasn't my day. However, I just thought I would give it a try. Down 2 lbs. I'm claiming them before they run and hide from me. That makes 4 lbs since the fill so I guess I'll wait and see what is happening. I hate this up 2 lbs, down 2lbs syndrome. It takes me weeks to settle and finally believe and see that the 2 lbs are really gone.

The big news is I put on my khaki pants today. I knew it was going to be a stressfull day and I wanted to be comfortable. I've tripped over my hem a few times. In the ladies room I discovered these pants are just too big. Period. The legs could fit a few more people in them and my stomach is taking up the slack in the hemline. So another pair going to Goodwill. I'm not complaining. :(

PeggyLee and I had Mexican food last night and went I went home that's what DH fixed as well. I didn't eat very much and I was full. It stayed with me all evening and no snack. I just got to figure the right foods to get that full feeling.

Welcome Laura. Glad you found us. Please go and talk to doctor about the heartburn. That is an early indication of trouble. You don't want that to get out of hand. Also, eating late and going to bed with the pouch full of food can also cause reflux. You might try eating earlier and then having some Water before retiring. It seems to help others.

Have a great day. The weather is cool here in Houston and we're enjoying it while it lasts.

Thanks for the advice Barbara.

I have my six month appointment coming up in about 2.5 weeks. I will definitely address it with my doc. Til then I'm gonna eat early, stay away from the offenders and see what happens!

Congrats on getting rid of the pants. I haven't done that yet. I'm waiting for the day I'm walking down the hall at work and my pants just fall off. Now THAT's a wacky NSV!:(

I feel alot better today. I guess I get frustrated that you can be "good" for a whole week and the weight doesn't change. Then one "bad" day and the scales shows an increase! Grrrr...I wasn't exactly "bad". I had about 2 tablespoons of mini chocolate chips and some natural Peanut Butter, but I was dying for sugar! Sometimes our bodies don't reward us for all our hard work and it's crazy! I guess I should be glad considering I have no fill. Sometimes I think my band is working even with no fill, which is nice. I ate a turkey tortilla wrap and I didn't get stuck, but I had a little pain in my chest from the tortilla(whole wheat). I chewed well. And last week the apple skin incident. So, even with no fill I have to be careful.

Sounds like you are doing well Barbara! Your loss is someone's gain(new pants for them at Goodwill!)

I think I'm having serious psychological issues about breaking the 200 mark! I just can't seem to get below it. I can't motivate myself to exercise or to stop snacking!

Welcome Larua ---so glad you found us. Ditto on Barb's rec, talk with your doc about the heartburn issue.

Pinky --I have no idea why my hair is staying put. Perhaps it's because I have enough hair for 4 people. I was blessed with hair. As for the veggies going down, everything and anything seems to go down. I almost feel like I did right before my very first fill. I'm wondering if I lost this fill too?? I lost some of the last 2 fills I had. That's my primary reason for going to get a fill next week. To see if I still have what they put in or not???? I'll let you all know.

Melissa Lea

Socalgal, I agree with you on the "good/bad" days. One minor slip-up and it's a pound (or 2). One week of being "really" good and no loss. I'm pulling for you. Being barely under 200 has kept me on my toes. Two mornings I saw 200 again and boy was I mad, but not surprised. I'd quit obsessing over the scale, but I got to 245 by ignoring it. At least I'm down to weighing once a day (most days)

A small amount of honey in tea seemed to help me with the hungries last night. Probably mental, but I was more satisfied than with Artsweet.

I can't allow myself the usual sf pudding treats. Can't seem to stop at one. If it were booz, I'd be drunk.

Melissa, I wasn't losing such huge gobs of hair until this month. I'd slowly gotten into the habit of ignoring veggies as too much trouble. I'm going to step back up on them and see if I can't slow this down.

I feel like I have peach fuzz growing out of my head. My Hair loss is not stopping and I'm afraid to do much with it. I didn't wash it for 3 days in hopes that I could keep some of it. It doesn't seem to matter whether I wash it every other day or not. It just keeps coming out. I go to the hairdresser tomorrow so I think I may not get my highlights done. I'm afraid to put more chemicals on it in fear it will fall out faster! Now I know how men feel!!

I'm still feeling pretty good. I still can eat too much and that seems to be a daily challenge. I was really, really hungry last night. I drank lots of Water yesterday and made many trips to the ladies room. I think that also counts for my exercise!!!!

Hope everyone has a great weekend. I'm going to decorate some and get a jump on this. I have 3 trees to decorate. I love it though so its not a complaint. My DH is in the act so if we can agree, it might be fun. :rolleyes:

Hi June Bandsters, Hard to believe all this time has gone by. I'm right on track while losing just over 30 lbs. My doctor is thrilled. I do feel like I am a slow loser but 1-2 lbs a week I am right on track. I went down 1 size already which is a miracle. The first time in my life I haven't dieted and it feels so good to be in control. Good luck to everyone.

Wow, I just had to chime in on the hair issue - mine is coming out in handfuls. I wash it every other day because each Shampoo day is awful. I'm using Nutri-ox shampoo from Sally's and haven't noticed any special difference but I'm appalled that I can lose so much and still have hair on my head!

Plus, I'm hypothyroid and don't always get in my Synthroid. :rolleyes:

I'm tired of seeing my hair on the floor all over the house........

Jojaba Shampoo from St. Ives was really a great one to help with Hair loss. Cheap, but hard to find. Usually in grocery stores. If you find it, buy it and mail me some. LOL

Julie welcome back and congrats on the 30 and a size.

I am a hungry bear. My usual 6 - 8 ounce meal has turned into 10 ounces today. Scarey!!! I feel as if I could eat 10 more. No more starches until I can gain control or get a fill.

A plus for the band--I'm sure I can maintain damage control by ditching the starches. What a great device! Empty is good. Empty is good. Empty is good......

Pinkylee --

I can't wait for my fill on Wednesday!! Yes, that is the day before Thanksgiving. I feel I have absolutely no restriction. I'm still losing about 1 pound per week but my banded buddies tell me that I'm able to eat way too much. I fear I might have lost some of this 3rd fill (praying I don't have a leak). I think I might be getting the fill primarly for peace of mind....determine if all the saline is there or not (I want to know either way).

Melissa Lea

I am able to eat way too much too Melissa. I'm going in for a fill right after Thanksgiving. I have too much to do that weekend to chance getting stuck. I'll see if I can get some restriction with the next fill.

I ate too much for lunch and I'm miserable. Way too full. That doesn't happen often, but it did today. I don't think I will be able to eat dinner. Its now almost 5 and I'm not hungry.

Went to hairdresser today. She said there are no bald spots and I'm just shedding. We went ahead and put the highlights in so I hope I don't wake tomorrow bald.

Back to decorating the 10 ft Christmas tree.

Melissa: Loose as a goose. I doubt they could put enough fill in to give restriction. I'm allowing veggies and fruit Snacks and I'm drinking with them. My tummy is growling so loud, I'm causing a stir in line at Walmart. Wish the hungries meant lost pounds.

Barbara465: My hair appt. is Tuesday and I'm due highlights. I'll let the operator decide. Guess what little hair I have left might as well look nice while it hangs on.