Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2006 Band Crew

If getting naked gets you to onederland go for it. :success1: I'm still doing good after the fill. I'm moving on to mushies and will be there until Saturday. I usually don't react for a week or so. I'm feeling a little fuller faster and haven't been able to eat as much Soup as before. So maybe I have restriction.

We didn't walk last night. I could barely move around from the night before. We are going out tonight, but will get in some walking. Need to keep this old body limbered up and not get stiff. Hope to get a massage on Saturday.

Good tip about the pineapple juice. I would think the acid would be irritating, but I guess that's what you needed. I worry about getting the flu and what that would do with the band.

I bought a pair of crop pants for the trip. They are too small so I hope by the time we go on the cruise they will fit. Keeps me motivated. :)

Regina --sorry to hear that you have been ill. I hope that you are feeling better soon.

Pinky --I figure if they weight you butt naked at birth, why not do it now. I always weigh in my b-day suit.

Barb465--hope you do well with this fill. Take it slow and easy.

Does anyone else feel like with the weather changes your band gets tighter? I have noticed for the first time since surgery that sometimes my band is tighter and I can associate this to the climate changes. Hummm, wonder if it's just me??

Melissa Lea

Well I did my Protein this am and have not ate anything yet and still am not hungry! I wish I could be like this all the time. I have lost 2 more pounds and have been slacking on my excercise, but cleaning like a mad man around the house. I am sure now doing the protein thing really helps me out as far as not being so hungry the rest of the day.....

Congrats to everyone who has lost as well, I continue to say

nothing taste as good as that scale going down

pineapple juice? I never would have thought of that, but I'll keep it in mind for future problems. I've had my share of slime lately and would have welcomed a way to clear it.

My fill was nine days ago and yesterday was the first time I was able to eat solid foods without real pain and keep it down. I'm wondering if this is how it's really suppose to be. It was so easy for me before I hardly thought about what I was eating. Now, I consider every bite as a potential enemy. I went to the Nutcracker Market yesterday and the food selection was very limited. I got a baked potato with barbeque on it. It was a huge potato and I didn't eat 1/8th of it but it was soooooooooo good. I know that's not good diet food but after not being able to eat anything for over a week I wasn't concerned about calories.

I have been drinking Protein Drinks and I've tried Cereal the last two mornings. Of course the cereal hasn't worked but I'm going to keep trying to get my Fiber. Oh, by the way, the "Colon Blow" hasn't arrived yet so unless it comes today it will probably have to wait until after Thanksgiving. I want to be sure I have at least three days in a row without obligations outside the house.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. It sounds like the weather here in Houston will be better again. I am so ready for the cool weather to get here and stay............and if it makes our bands tighter, so much the better.

well, i got my exercise in last night. "the firm" workout series. those women are no joke. haven't experienced my scale go down since incorporating exercise into my program. that is a discouraging thought. for the past week i have really tried to put some control factors in place for myself because i can't get a fill for a while. first, the bariatric doctors around here won't touch me because i am a self pay and had the surgery in mexico. and we don't have the extra money now for me to go to ohio to see dr.c (8 hour drive and my husband and i would have to go down on a thurs and have the appt on friday-so that would be 2 days from work) so, i have to try to do this on my own without the help of a fill. sometimes i wonder if i would have just been better off getting the mini gastric bypass, but then i know i couldn't have gotten that anyway. my beginning bmi was 35 and i had no comorbidities. i am just in a mood.

Good luck Crista94 - this is a difficult time of year to be needing a fill. I know I wouldn't make it through the holidays without good restriction!

I am also wondering how all of you out there are planning to get through the holidays without gaining (and even losing) weight. I think I have good enough restriction that I won't be able to eat much at Thanksgiving but what other tricks have you come up with?

I'm thinking I need to really concentrate on getting in my Protein drinks and my Water so that I am constantly full and not feeling deprived when everyone else is eating lots of turkey and pumpkin pie!

Barbara 12 have you decided yet you might be too tight? :) It doesn't sound like you are doing well on this fill. I'm still on mushies so I don't know yet. I do seem to get full a little faster, but I still think I can eat too much. I start getting scared at this point because its when I go to solids that I have a problem.

I am getting plenty of liquids and have to make many trips to restroom. I should lose weight just walking back and forth to it while at work. :) Got some walking in yesterday, but not as much as I would have liked. Will try again tonight.

Getting the right restriction is key to success of the band. I hope you can get a fill soon Christa.

We have lots of stuff going on this weekend so it should be good. The weather is supposed to get a little cooler so that will be nice. Have a great weekend everyone.

lucyman,

the good part about the holidays for me will be that whoever i am around is aware that i have had the surgery, so they will be a source of support. no, "is that all you are having?" or "eat more" that people tend to do. i will have to really talk to myself and be firm with myself with sweets though. i will not deny myself but, i have to also be moderate and sober minded and remember that i can't overindulge. the best way for me to combat sweets is not to have them in the house. maybe a dessert at someone's house and call it quits. easier said than done, but that is the plan. daily exercise too during the holiday season will also be on the agenda. i also plan to give my best friend and husband the permission to hold me accountable for what i have had and if i exercised. very big thing for me because i don't usually like to be questioned like that and checked up on. you know what i mean?

Well, I think that I will handle the Thansgiving Holiday just fine. I scheduled a fill the day before! I know I can eat too much (a whole chicken breast plus some more). I don't think I need much of a fill but I do think I need a fill. No problems with PB etc. I hope this next fill doesn't do me in. Only time will tell.

Melissa Lea

I might be there will you Melissa. I am waiting to see if this fill is enough. If not, I'm going to schedule a little one right before Thanksgiving. It will be my last opportunity before Christmas. I don't want to schedule any in December because I react so late on fills I don't want to take a chance.

It might not be a bad thing to rid ourselves of all temptation. I decided I wasn't cooking for Thanksgiving anyway and now maybe only have to warm up Soup. :)

i just came back from lunch and i feel yucky. i had 2oz of chicken and a small salad. very full. i had the same amount last night at dinner and was done for the rest of the night. maybe i need to reduce my portions down, but i am trying to keep them at 3-4ozs. anything less than that then i am hungry in an hour or so. ugh!!! i was so uncomfortable last night after dinner (which was finished at about 8:05) that i went and layed down in the bed. husband came up at around 10:30 with that look in his eye. honestly, didn't feel much like obliguing, but i did and had to stop because i was just too full and uncomfortable. hope that wasn't too much info!

I'm on day 4 of the "You:On a Diet" Program and doing fine. But my TOM came today, so the scale is the same. This book touts the benefits of healthy sex, so don't deny your hubby Christa!hahahaa

I have not been able to eat for 2 days now and I don't understand what the $%^#@ is going on! I weighted myself this am and gain 3 pounds!!!!

socalgal3--my lou would love you for that comment. he seems to be down for whatever whenever! marriage certainly takes some getting used to! but i love it!

Carol

I think when we are really tight it is sometimes indication of swelling, thus your weight gain. Barbara12 said it best "the weight has to go. I'm simply not eating enough not to lose".

Claim the lowest number on the scale. Tell yourself that the bigger numbers that come back are temporary Water weight because they are.

Your nsv's may need to come from having a healthy day or a looser waistband.