Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2006 Band Crew

I dropped my Protein Drink, except for days I have to have liquids, and have my Activia or high Protein Cereal. I think what they are saying is that the Protein Shakes give us lots of protein and I'm thinking I'll go back to them.

I've got some more info to share about when we are stalled, etc. I'll post it when I get a chance. I'm assuming everyone is interested? :o

Barbara..........yes, I am definitely interested. Pinkylee is right, we tend to change the rules to fit our way of doing things. You can really get way off track. I think it would do us all good to go back and read all the information we received when we went for our seminar and info we were given following the surgery.

Thanks for taking the time to post this good stuff. I am struggling with the fill I got last Wednesday. I think I was so used the having nearly zero restriction that I am needing to go back to the basics.

Thanks again!

I wasn't hungry the first few weeks after being unfilled, but I think my esophagus was still pretty swollen then. I've been very hungry lately, so I am assuming the swelling has gone down. That's why I wanted to try this eating plan because it is supposed to keep hunger at bay. I had my steel cut oatmeal for Breakfast and some tea. I think it would be hard to follow this plan with proper restriction, because it really stresses eating high Fiber foods and I know some fibrous foods are troublesome for bandsters. If you follow the program for 2 weeks, you are supposed to lose 2 inches in your waist so we'll see! Good luck to all my fellow Junebies.

Barbara- Keep posting the info. Knowledge is never a bad thing!

pinkylee,

the posting daily about the exercise thing was just a suggestion. i am open to whatever. i just know that i seem to do better when i am accountible to others in regards to exercise. according to barbara465's info, we should be exercising daily. i am certainly not there yet. i noticed that i exercised yesterday/last night, had about 1300 calories total for the day; exercised off about 280 of them and had gained 2 pounds when i got on the scale this morning! talk about pissed. i have stopped eating past 8pm, so i was not at all pleased about the increase. i didn't gain 2 pounds when i was on my honeymoon and i did way more damage then than i did yesterday when i was supposedly doing the right things!!!!!

Christa- I am more than happy to also post daily. I need that accountability too! Just think of your weight gain as muscle! Muscle weighs more than fat remember? Just keep doing the right thing and the scale will follow! Are you measuring inches too? Try various indicators of success besides just that pesky scale!

socalgal13-

no, i don't measure inches. perhaps i should. i will post the exercise whenever i do it. i'll look for your posts as well!

Not Losing Weight?<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

<o:p> </o:p>

Change the way you eat<o:p></o:p>

• Eat Protein first, 60 g/day
  • Never drink with meals
  • Avoid liquid calories and soft foods. Eat solid foods, not just “easy” foods
  • Eat only ½-3/4 cup of food at a meal.
  • Stop when you are full.
  • Eat healthy foods. Avoid junk foods and fast food.
  • Choose nutrient-rich foods.
  • Eat slowly, take small bites, and chew well.

Increase your activity<o:p></o:p>

• Be sure you are getting in 30 minutes of exercise at least five days a week. Its OK to build up to this. Start with 10 minutes at a time one to two times a day and work your way up to 30 minutes. Change your exercise routine every four to six weeks.
  • Incorporate exercise into your daily life by parking further away and taking the stairs (even down if not up), take a walk during lunch, etc. Be sure you are in a safe area.
  • Join or try out a gym, yoga, a personal trainer, or the YMCA, where tere are many choices such as swimming, weight training, or bikes.
  • As with all exercise programs, be sure you are cleared by your healthcare provider.

Change Your attitude<o:p></o:p>

• Commit to making the lifestyle changes you need to succeed.
  • Identify emotions or situations that lead to bad eating habits, such as bingeing or stress eating, then learn new coping skills.
  • Cultivate a support system. You will need someone who will be brutally honest and who will hold you accountable. Consider support groups, online or in person, and/or a qualified counselor. Lean on friends who are banded and understand what you’re going through, and surround yourself with people who can motivate and encourage you to keep going.
  • Be honest about why, what, and how much you are eating.
  • Have realistic expectations and goals. Be patient with your weight loss. Averaging one to two pounds per week is a good rate. The less you weighed to start with, the slower the weight loss will be … BUT IT WILL COME OFF!
  • Remember, the band is a tool and you must use it properly. It cannot stop you from overeating … it can only tell you when you feel full. Its up to you to stop when you feel full.

Get your band adjusted<o:p></o:p>

Speak with your surgeon about an adjustment if you are not losing one to two pounds a week for several weeks and are working on the lifestyle changes discussed here. Remember the goal is to lose weight with the least amount of Fluid in your band. This helps prevent complications and gives you room to add fluid later if you plateau or start to gain weight.

http://www.webmd.com/content/Article/85/98576.htm <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

<HR align=center width="100%" SIZE=2>

<?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /><v:shapetype id=_x0000_t75 stroked="f" filled="f" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" o:preferrelative="t" o:spt="75" coordsize="21600,21600"><v:stroke joinstyle="miter"></v:stroke><v:formulas><v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0"></v:f></v:formulas><v:path o:connecttype="rect" gradientshapeok="t" o:extrusionok="f"></v:path><o:lock aspectratio="t" v:ext="edit"></o:lock></v:shapetype><v:shape id=_x0000_i1026 style="WIDTH: 187.5pt; HEIGHT: 15.75pt" type="#_x0000_t75" alt=""><v:imagedata src="file:///C:DOCUME~1bwbruceLOCALS~1Tempmsohtml101clip_image001.gif" o:href="http://www.webmd.com/NR/rdonlyres/DE543859-FE4A-4F18-98AA-1113184C1AC3.gif"></v:imagedata></v:shape>

WebMD Medical Reference <o:p></o:p>

Protein can help you shed those unwanted pounds and keep your belly full. But it's important to eat the right amount and the right kind of Protein to get the health benefits. <o:p></o:p>

<TABLE class=MsoNormalTable style="WIDTH: 322.5pt; mso-cellspacing: 0in; mso-padding-alt: 0in 0in 0in 0in" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=430 border=0><TBODY><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 0; mso-yfti-firstrow: yes"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent"><v:shape id=_x0000_i1027 style="WIDTH: 58.5pt; HEIGHT: 63pt" type="#_x0000_t75" alt=""><v:imagedata src="file:///C:DOCUME~1bwbruceLOCALS~1Tempmsohtml101clip_image002.jpg" o:href="http://www.webmd.com/NR/rdonlyres/E28C9AEA-0432-4E5D-ADE9-41E6A55BB7D9.jpg"></v:imagedata></v:shape><o:p></o:p>

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; WIDTH: 7.5pt; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=10 rowSpan=9><v:shape id=_x0000_i1028 style="WIDTH: 7.5pt; HEIGHT: 0.75pt" type="#_x0000_t75" alt=""><v:imagedata src="file:///C:DOCUME~1bwbruceLOCALS~1Tempmsohtml101clip_image003.gif" o:href="http://www.webmd.com/NR/rdonlyres/82CEAC52-F944-455B-991E-FC394D49C31D.gif"></v:imagedata></v:shape><o:p></o:p>

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">Fish & Seafood

Seafood is one of the best sources of protein because it's usually low in fat. Fish such as salmon is a little higher in fat but it is the heart-healthy kind: omega-3 fatty acids. <o:p></o:p>

</TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 1"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent"><v:shape id=_x0000_i1029 style="WIDTH: 58.5pt; HEIGHT: 62.25pt" type="#_x0000_t75" alt=""><v:imagedata src="file:///C:DOCUME~1bwbruceLOCALS~1Tempmsohtml101clip_image005.jpg" o:href="http://www.webmd.com/NR/rdonlyres/D537248E-5FAF-4068-99D8-5D261B9C936E.jpg"></v:imagedata></v:shape><o:p></o:p>

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">White-Meat Poultry

Stick to the white meat of poultry for excellent, lean protein. Dark meat is higher in fat. The skin is loaded with saturated fat, so remove skin before cooking. <o:p></o:p>

</TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 2"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent"><v:shape id=_x0000_i1030 style="WIDTH: 58.5pt; HEIGHT: 61.5pt" type="#_x0000_t75" alt=""><v:imagedata src="file:///C:DOCUME~1bwbruceLOCALS~1Tempmsohtml101clip_image006.jpg" o:href="http://www.webmd.com/NR/rdonlyres/3DA9372B-461E-455B-A3C4-C63A3A2B13AC.jpg"></v:imagedata></v:shape><o:p></o:p>

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">Milk, cheese Yogurt

Not only are dairy foods excellent sources of protein but they also contain valuable Calcium. Choose skim or low fat dairy to keep bones and teeth strong, prevent osteoporosis and enhance weight loss. <o:p></o:p>

</TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 3"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent"><v:shape id=_x0000_i1031 style="WIDTH: 58.5pt; HEIGHT: 62.25pt" type="#_x0000_t75" alt=""><v:imagedata src="file:///C:DOCUME~1bwbruceLOCALS~1Tempmsohtml101clip_image007.jpg" o:href="http://www.webmd.com/NR/rdonlyres/37453D21-A89E-4950-BD5D-87AB80DFE943.jpg"></v:imagedata></v:shape><o:p></o:p>

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">Eggs

Eggs are one of the least expensive forms of protein. The American Heart Association says normal healthy adults can safely enjoy an egg a day. <o:p></o:p>

</TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 4"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent"><v:shape id=_x0000_i1032 style="WIDTH: 58.5pt; HEIGHT: 63pt" type="#_x0000_t75" alt=""><v:imagedata src="file:///C:DOCUME~1bwbruceLOCALS~1Tempmsohtml101clip_image008.jpg" o:href="http://www.webmd.com/NR/rdonlyres/D286ABAB-085B-4320-B4C9-F5FB84F0B619.jpg"></v:imagedata></v:shape><o:p></o:p>

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">Beans

One-half cup of Beans contains as much protein as 3 ounces of broiled steak. Plus, these nutritious nuggets are loaded with fiber to keep you feeling full for hours. <o:p></o:p>

</TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 5"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent"><v:shape id=_x0000_i1033 style="WIDTH: 58.5pt; HEIGHT: 61.5pt" type="#_x0000_t75" alt=""><v:imagedata src="file:///C:DOCUME~1bwbruceLOCALS~1Tempmsohtml101clip_image009.jpg" o:href="http://www.webmd.com/NR/rdonlyres/ED7728B7-7DAB-44E2-94AD-979064CE2118.jpg"></v:imagedata></v:shape><o:p></o:p>

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">Pork Tenderloin

This great and versatile white meat is 31% leaner than 20 years ago. <o:p></o:p>

</TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 6"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent"><v:shape id=_x0000_i1034 style="WIDTH: 58.5pt; HEIGHT: 60pt" type="#_x0000_t75" alt=""><v:imagedata src="file:///C:DOCUME~1bwbruceLOCALS~1Tempmsohtml101clip_image010.jpg" o:href="http://www.webmd.com/NR/rdonlyres/29DACC9B-2A09-4443-83C3-EC5858F4B9BF.jpg"></v:imagedata></v:shape><o:p></o:p>

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">Soy

Twenty five grams of soy protein daily can help lower cholesterol and reduce the risk of heart disease. Combine soy protein foods like tofu with a healthy low fat diet. <o:p></o:p>

</TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 7"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent"><v:shape id=_x0000_i1035 style="WIDTH: 58.5pt; HEIGHT: 60pt" type="#_x0000_t75" alt=""><v:imagedata src="file:///C:DOCUME~1bwbruceLOCALS~1Tempmsohtml101clip_image011.jpg" o:href="http://www.webmd.com/NR/rdonlyres/5EF48D44-4A75-40B6-91DF-9D21D05CF1FD.jpg"></v:imagedata></v:shape><o:p></o:p>

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">Lean Beef

Lean beef has only one more gram of saturated fat than a skinless chicken breast. Lean beef is also an excellent source of zinc, Iron and Vitamin B12. <o:p></o:p>

</TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 8; mso-yfti-lastrow: yes"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent"><v:shape id=_x0000_i1036 style="WIDTH: 58.5pt; HEIGHT: 62.25pt" type="#_x0000_t75" alt=""><v:imagedata src="file:///C:DOCUME~1bwbruceLOCALS~1Tempmsohtml101clip_image012.jpg" o:href="http://www.webmd.com/NR/rdonlyres/EA63A32A-8461-4033-A701-748989EE94CF.jpg"></v:imagedata></v:shape><o:p></o:p>

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">Protein on the Go

Grab a Meal Replacement drink, cereal bar or energy bar. Check the label to be sure the product contains at least 6 grams of protein, and is low in sugar and fat. <o:p></o:p>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Wise choices in Fast Food<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Boston</st1:City></st1:place> Market<o:p></o:p>

This is a great first choice because you can get skinless rotisserie chicken (320-400 calories for ¼ chicken with 46 to 67 g protein; a banded portion would probably be half of this or less) and turkey (230 calories and 31g protein) and fresh steamed vegetables (50 calories)<o:p></o:p>

Wendy’s<o:p></o:p>

The Mandarin chicken salad is 170 calories (23 g protein), but the noodles add 60, the almonds another 130, and the Oriental Sesame dressing adds a whopping 190 calories. Bringing your own low-fat dressing or not having a dressing can make a big difference. The lowest calorie dressing you can ask for is fat free french at 80 calories and a reduced fat creamy ranch with 100 calories. A small chilli is 220 calories (17 g protein). The five piece chicken nuggets have 220 calories (10g protein). The ultimate chicken grill sandwich is 360 calories (31 g protein), but if you only eat the chicken filet, it goes down to 120 calories, 23 g protein.<o:p></o:p>

Burger King<o:p></o:p>

The 4 piece chicken tenders have 170 calories only 9 g Protein, but the dipping sauces vary from 40 calories for barbeque to 140 calories for ranch. The tendergrill chicken caesar or garden salads are 220 and 230 calories (31 and 32 g protein) respectively with the dressings ranging from 110 calories for border ranch to 270 calories for honey mustard. Watch out for Whoppers which go from 670 to a whopping 1230 for a triple. The lowest calorie sandwich is a small fire grilled hamburger at 290 calories (15 g protein). The lowest breakfast was a croissan’wich with egg and cheese with 300 calories (12 g protein).<o:p></o:p>

McDonalds<o:p></o:p>

The lowest calorie sandwich here is the mcchicken at 370 calories, 15 g protein; take the bun off to lower the calories and carbs. A better choice is the four piece chicken mcnuggets at 170 calories, 10g protein. The packages of barbequie, honey, hot mustard or sweet n sour sauce will add another 45-50 calories. The caesar salad with grilled chicken has 220 calories, 30 g protein, but the dressings vary from 40 for vinaigrette to 190 calories for the caesar dressing. The best choice for breakfast is scrambled eggs with 190 calories, 15 g protein. The egg mcmuffin or sausage burrito are both 300 calories, 17 or 13 g respecitively. The apple dippers with low fat caramel dip have 100 calories. Watch out for the drinks – a small shake has at least 420 calories.<o:p></o:p>

Chick-Fil-A<o:p></o:p>

A chargrilled chicken filet with no bun is just 100 calories, 21 g protein while the sandwich is 270 calories. The eight pack of nuggets is 260 calories, 26g protein. Dipping sauces vary from 15 calories for buffalo sauce to 110 for buttermilk ranch. The wraps seem like a good choice, but are close to 400 calories or over. The chargrilled chicken garden salad is 180 calories, 22g protein. The best dressings are the light Italian at 15 calories and the fat free honey mustard at 60 calories. For breakfast, the best choice is the four piece chick n minis with 270 calories, 14 g protein, although you might do better just eating the chicken and avoiding the biscuit.<o:p></o:p>

Taco <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Bell</st1:place></st1:City><o:p></o:p>

A ranchero chicken soft taco or grilled steak soft taco has 170 calories, 12 or 11 g protein. A soft beef taco has 190 calories, 9 g protein. A spicy chicken soft taco has 180 calories, 10 g protein. Salads here are particularly high in calories ranging from 410 to 730 calories. The nachos are also very high from 310 to 790. The pintos and cheese are 180 calories, 10 g protein.<o:p></o:p>

Hopefully you will find some of this information interesting. I did. I also had a discussion about the hard lump under my breast bone. As it turns out when I stand up my port is higher and its the lump. When you lay down the port is lower. I never knew it wasn't in the same place from standing to sitting. Have you?

I have been traveling with my DH for the last month. He just retired and I gave him a present of a class at a woodworking school in Berea, Kentucky so we took our truck/trailer and dog and headed East! We visited Bryce Canyon where we did a beautiful five mile hike and then the Grand Canyon where we only hiked about two miles because we did not want to leave Riley too long in the car. Then on to Zion but had to leave before the hike because I had left my purse in a store outside the park. Fortunately they had it and all was well! Then we spent a night in Kodachrome Basin at the State Park and took a total of about 4 - 5 miles of hikes and then on to Capitol Reef National Park. We took a wonderful 3 1/2 mile hike there. Our next stop was a state park just outside of Canyonlands National Park. We drove a very steep and difficult road just for the experience of it and did several short hikes to viewpoints. We also visited Arches National Park and took several longer hikes - 4 miles or so to different arches. That was wonderful! Then it started raining (it is October after all :-) ) and we basically drove to Albuquerque New Mexico and just shopped there and in Santa Fe. We LOVED Santa Fe shopping :-) ! After leaving New Mexico we drove through Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Tennessee and finally arrived at our destination of Berea Kentucky. This is a quaint little town with a lot of arts and crafts stores and I have had a lot of fun shopping while Larry is in school.

I had my checkup with Dr Oh yesterday and I had lost 11 lbs while on vacation. That makes a total of 61 lbls lost just since my first visit to Dr Oh in May! He was very happy with my progress. I told him about my physical with my PCP which was on Novermber 1st. ALL of my numbers were perfect! My heart rate was 72 (it's NEVER been that low!) my blood pressure was 118/80, my fasting blood glucose was 93, my cholesterol was 183 with all of the components within normal range. The amazing thing is that my "good" cholesterol was UP within normal range. This surgery has been a real blessing Healthwise. I am beginning to have so much more energy. When I come home from work I find myself unable to sit for long periods of time - I need to be up and active. That has never been my way!

I also had an incredible experience. I was shopping at Fred Meyer and passed a sales rack of normal size jeans. I looked and found some size 14 short and I just threw two pair into my basket as I was in too big of a hurry to try them on. When I got home I tried on a pair and it fit perfectly! I cannot remember the last time I was able to choose something

Barbara,

Thank you so much for the info. Thank you for giving the time it took to share. I didn't know that the port moved that much either. Good fact to know.

I worry about wearing jeans. I love to, but even though they aren't tight, the waistband can bind depending on how I'm sitting, etc. Anyone else worry about waistbands? I usually unbotton mine and hope to heck I remember to button up when I get out of the car, or stand after a nice restaurant meal.

It's official, I'm at Onederland. 199.5. By a toenail. We all know how fickle the scale is. I'm trying really hard to stay with 3 small meals. Aside from a bite or two while cooking dinner and a V8 this am, I've been successful. I'm going to try not to weigh for 3 or 4 days and stick with the program as best I can. I caved in and exercised this am. Hopefully I'll get in some kind of exercise tonight. I don't recall being hungrier today than yesterday.

Is there such a thing as eating 3 small meals and not having a hungry, growling tummy?

Its great hearing from you Lucy. You have been very busy on that vacation! It puts my 30 minutes of walking tonight to shame, but I have to start somewhere. :o Your doing great with the band. Continued success!

Congratulations Pinkylee!!!! It must feel so awesome to see that scale move into the 100s........never to see 200 again. You are an inspiration to all of us nearing that onederland! I'm looking forward to seeing you at lunch next week. Wish we could convince others to join us.