Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2006 Band Crew

Regina:

Thanks for posts. I've updated. The week starts on Sunday a.m. Please don't change your ticker until you see the Update post.

Congrats on continuing to lose. Hope things are still going well for you.

Hi Junbies!!! I see from reading the post that everyone seems to be doing well. That is great. It has been a while since i have posted on here. I have not joined any challenges except for the christmas challenge, which i am not sure that i will accomplish. I am trying to slow my weightloss down because of the shedding hair....tons and tons of hair just coming out, depressing but i know that it will grow back...before long i am going to look like susan powder(sp).

How is everyone doing with the Halloween candy?

Well i hope everyone continues to do well.

Has everyone checked out the new lapband forum? It is a pretty cool place to go just like lapbandtalk.com. Check it out if you haven't already.

http://www.band2gether.net

Hey Cindy good to hear from you. I'm not going to make the Christmas challenge either, but I like it as a goal! My Hair loss continues, but a slower rate. I went and had my hair highlighted and cut Saturday. I asked her if she saw that my hair was falling out. She said no. Mine isn't as much as yours from your post, but still a little distressing. I have stepped up my Protein and make sure I take the Multivitamin. I had been slacking off on the Vitamins.< /p>

I visit the other site as well, but still love my Junebies thread the best. I come here for my daily support and inspiration. I started a June thread over there, but as you know, not much action.

Your weight loss is great. Keep up the good work.

Junebies

How's your port? Mine seems to be tilting in toward my navel. Possibly pulled a suture, but PA at surgi center said since Spiegel did my port it probably wasn't going to go far. I have tons of scar tissue buildup and I think that an uneven growth of scar tissue may be the problem. I have had some slight burning off and on, nothing major. PA said I can wait till I need a fill to be checked out.

Anyone else's port move? Seems like we sometimes share the same strange occurances.

Cindycam and Barbara--I'd have to lose an average of 2 pounds a week to make Christmas challenge. At this point I'm hoping for 1 pound a week!

Way to go Barbara on your evening walk. You are determined! I ask DH, but he goes if we take the dogs. Might as well walk with a 2 year old. I dusted off a different exercise walking DVD this am and enjoyed the change. House is worse than ever. My two pianos are not playable, so I'm traveling to students today. Before I had surgery I broke my first chair in the home of a student. Glad to say I don't worry about breaking chairs any more.:clap2:

Have a good evening.

I can relate about the Christmas goal. I'm hoping I can make it. However, I changed my Christmas goal to "Onderland" last week (16 lbs.). My first goal was not realisitic, rather optimistic. Right now I've been sitting on the same number on the scale for 5 days. That seems to be how my weight loss goes. Lose a couple of pounds then sit for a week or 2. I have been noticing a major difference in my body. I think I'm losing inches right now. The biggest change that I can visibly notice is my face ....It's looking thinner. I haven't been able to visually see it on the rest of my body but can feel it in my clothes.

October challenge for me ......AVOID HALLOWEEN CANYD!!!!!!!!!!

Melissa Lea

I didn't buy any Halloween candy. I have a cute Longaberger basket that is for candy corn. I just didn't buy the candy corn to put in it. It looks strange to me, but I know I would eat it. Having no small children in the house allows me to turn off the lights on Halloween night and just ignore. We live on a busy street so I didn't get any last year. So no excuse for me to go out and buy candy.

Now for the port issue. I just told DH last night that I think eventually my band will have to come out. Why? I have tremendous scar tissue around the band. I can feel the band and it is hard. I didn't think you were supposed to feel the band, but I know that is what it is. It is just below my breasts and in the right spot.

I also can feel my port and the scar tissue around it. When I went in for a fill they thought the port had turned. It hadn't and once she felt around she found it. I do get twinges and burning feeling around it during the day. I've just grown accustom to it so I don't worry about it. I also have a great deal of scar tissue around it.

I have felt the bulge of the band since day 1. I've mentioned it to everyone that will listen, including both of the PAs at the surgicenter. My PCP is the one who told me it definitely was my stomach and the band. I find myself rubbing the area, especially after I eat. It seems to get harder after I have a meal.

The changes I'm finding are on the scale and the mirror. I definitely have a thinner face and one less chin. I am finding that clothes are fitting differently and the sizes are getting smaller. I've taken a chance and ordered some work clothes in smaller sizes. I may not be able to wear them day one, but soon.

I still think I can eat too much. DH thinks I can eat too much as well. However, if I continue to lose I'm not going to do anything. If I stop its off to the surgicenter for a fill.

Glad to see everyone posting again. It gets lonely on here sometimes when you all go away.

Reginia,

I would say that you've lost so much weight that the band is just floating around there real loose. OK I'm the color of the font!!!!!!!!!!! Just look at what you have done!!!!!!!!

You might have to get more of a fill to make the band tighter. Seriously, the band is not going around as big a organ as before.

the only thing with that "green" theory (LOL), is that I only have lost 10lbs since I had the fill before where i was too tight, and then they took some out. When they filled me up this time they took me to .1 under where i was too tight, and i have even less restriction. I dunno, this is such a learning thingy. I guess i just need another fill?

I think we need to think of fills a little different. I had this same question from another friend. She needs a fill, but wasn't sure how much to get. She was looking at how much they took out and at what level she had been overfilled.

I think it is the amount of the fill you get, not the total, that plays a role in this. For instance, I now know I can't tolerate a big fill. I don't think its the amount of fill in my band that's the problem. I think I have to take it in baby steps. This time I got .3 which is still less than my overfill. My next fill of .3 will take me over the amount that caused me trouble. Still following my logic?

Once you feel that the fill is not enough go for another one. Go in slower incremements. I'm going to do that. On Tuesday if I haven't lost, my weigh in day, I'll cal for a fill. If I'm losing, I'll go another week, etc.

I don't care how much you have lost since the last fill, the fact that you've lost 72 lbs is awesome. !!!! I'm just a little green, but I'm happy for you. :lol:

Fills seem to have a mind of their own. Continue to be very careful. I'm taking Barbara's advice and getting .3 for my next fill. I don't care how quickly the liquids go through.

I agree about the scar tissue thing. I used to be able to feel the flat part of my port. Now what I feel first is the round edge. I can still feel the flat part angling inward--but it feels "bumpy" which must be scar tissue. Wonder if it's something to do with being over 50? I'm hoping the buildup will stop soon. I don't like to think about losing the band. I do hope to have it unfilled completely after I've lost the weight and feel confident of my eating habits.

The floor installers are still here and I'm weary of them. Kept promising an early afternoon--and I need to prepare for this afternoon's students. The dogs are even getting on my nerves. Thankfully, I love the new floor.

NSV--The new blouse I bought 6 weeks ago that wouldn't button (I wear sleeveless t's under open shirts) can now be buttoned. I also don't worry about shrinking anything any more. I never dried any knit top or pants, but that's not an issue any longer.

I scheduled an unfill for tomorrow. I'll post after to let you know how much they take out. I finally got my calories in yesterday because I bought the most fattening Jamba juice I could get! (Chocloate Moo'd)

Hi Junebies,

It's been a really long time since I posted. Unfortunately I have not been doing too well. :phanvan I seem to be going back to my old habits. I have been trying to get motivated again by reading everyone's post and seeing how much weight everyone has lost. Needless to say it has motivated me once again. I need to go for a fill as I have not had my first one done yet. My husband has been out of work and I was hoping he would get a job soon so I could get one. I have decided to get a fill in a couple of weeks regardless. I think this is part of my problem. I need a fill to get some restriction. I'd like to congratulate everyone on their progress. :clap2: It is very encouraging for those of us struggling.

So I got to work this morning at 7:00 am. I thought I would go get a scrambled egg and 1 piece of crisp bacon. I got 3 bites of the egg and whamo. Golf ball. After many PBs and sliming I decided to go home. I caught a bus at 9:15. I had a paper cup with me and some paper towels. I sat in the back and had a few more episodes. By around noon this was over and I started feeling better. I was able to have some Soup and tonight some refried Beans.< /p>

This was a shock, but it was a relief that I recovered. This is 3rd time this has happened to me after my fills. However, this time I was able to recover. So I don't think I'm too filled, but maybe ate too fast. I'll watch it from now on.

Dawn good to hear from you, but sorry to hear you're not doing well. Take into consideration the cost of food when you decide on the fill. Maybe the cost savings will be enough to let you get a fill. It's a shame to have the band and not get some restriction.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Hi everyone-

I got a total unfill today. The Dr. said my pouch and port looked fine, but my esophagus was swollen. So, they want me to come back in a month to get re-filled with less this time. So, hopefully I can maintain or lose with no fill! The border cross was a nightmare-3 1/2 hours!!