Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2006 Band Crew

That's right for the October challenge. Some of us are going to eat 4-6 meals instead of 3. We are trying to spread out our calories during the day and see if that helps with weight loss. My doctor recommends 3 meals a day and no Snacks. That doesn't seem to be working for me.

There's been lots of talk about dieting, restriction, mushies vs solids, etc. I am confused at the moment at to what I have with the band. Right now, I have no restriction. I say that only because I haven't tested it to its limits. I've come close I think, but I haven't felt the magic signal of fullness. I've gotten full, but after I've eaten more than I think I should. I also haven't been brave enough to try a few things I know cause others problems.

Saturday we had pizza. First time since banded. I ate the toppings off the pizza, but not the crust. I was too scared to try that. I think maybe I could have eaten it as nothing seems to bother me. So, I guess in theory I can eat anything as before being banded, just less. Well, maybe less as I haven't pushed it to see. Steak and baked potato last night. It was good. Didn't eat as much as before, but definitely had enough.

I think the October challenge will help me redirect my energies into positive actions. I am also going for a fill, a little itty bitty fill, so it will be interesting to see if I get restriction. I haven't lost since the unfill so I'm ready.

Hope everyone has a great week. Today and tomorrow at work, then off for a few days of fun. Can't wait.

For those of you that are having trouble with the exercise part, I highly reccomend Curves!!:) It is really something everyone can do because you go at your own pace. It's also a very motivating enviroment. I started two weeks ago and I HATE exercise BUT I actually wanted to go yesterday and was bummed that they are closed on Sunday. They let you check it out for free...so go on, give it a try.:confused:

I like curves. I just haven't rejoined it. I found it quick and easy. It was just perfect. My trouble with them is that they are geared for stay at home women and their hours are very limited. I'll try them again as I need to get motivated.

Hey Juners, I got in for a fill on Saturday, was funny cause my Dr was teaching like 5 other docs how to do a fill so I had plennty of attention! And they gave me 1/2 off!! Im feeling way better and have lost a few pounds so all is well with me for now.

Im home from work today with a sick little son :)

Take care

very pretty Barbara- Happy Birthday! Stephanie, WOW your weight loss is great! Keep it up! It makes me green with envy though :) . I feel like I am going at a snails pace. I hope your little son feels better soon. It is never fun when they are sick. I am scheduled for my next fill on the 6th and I am scared of getting too tight. I really feel resctriction now, (sometimes too much) but I am not losing. So I think I will just tell her to give me a slight fill. Even though I shouldn't have, I have fallen victim to mint chocolate chip ice cream. I know it is my fault, but I couldn't resist. I have vowed to kick the ice cream habit with the start of the October challenge. And you all are right about the carbs, when I have bad carbs, they just make me crave more carbs. It is a viscious cycle. Well I hope everyone has a good week (our last week of "freedom") (Ha ha! Just being dramatic :drama: ).

Regina--

Why aren't you smiling more in the "after" pics. You look great! Congrats.

Goes to show what exercise will do for weight loss!

It's confession time again. I PB EVERY TIME I eat fast now. If I take it really slow--and sit down at the table while eating--I'm fine. It could be due to the coffee habit I've picked back up on. Gone from one cup to 2 - 3. Could be this busy time of year. One more PB and I'm off to the Surgi-center.

Barbara--Happy belated bday--Love the toes.

You are right about the "hard" Protein. It's really cut down on the between meal tummy rumbling. Be careful on the pizza thing--can you stick to no crust--I can't. It's still bread. Crispy crust pizza is best for bandsters (never been a fan until banding) I was reading Kellyroos posting re: unbanding/slippage. Her ordeal began after she ate brocolli and she was almost 3 years banded!!! I'm looking over that no-no list again.

I haven't posted for a while.

It seems I've spent 3 months now, running to hurl up food.

I hover around my original weight loss, go down a few, then back up.

My energy level is absent in the morning. It's like I don't really "wake up"

till 3pm - which is when I go out to walk.

I think your pics look great - I like the blonde hair!

Love the toes!

Barbara, at this point, I have no idea what restriction really is either.

I am not hungry, and when I do eat, it's not much, and when I don't eat, I hear rumbling, but don't feel bad.

I read the posts for hope. I don't see myself doing well, even though I know, it all takes time.

I guess I wasn't smiling cause of the nervousness of having a pic taken of me in my underoos!!! LOL Thanks for the encouragement guys..

Happy Birthday Barbara!

Hello Everyone!! I'm sad to report I am back from Hawaii. It is so beautiful there. I am already planning my next trip back. I had an awesome time.

Everyone who has posted pics looks great!!! Keep up that great work. I will post some pics soon. I have over 200 to process and upload etc. Wow.

I am very happy to report that I did not gain any weight on my 8 day vacation!!!! I didn't lose either. I went for my third fill yesterday. I had lost some of my second fill therefore had little restriction. They changed me to the thick saline so that there should be no loss with this fill. We will see how it goes.

Glad to be back with you all --

Melissa Lea