Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2006 Band Crew

I've always had to slowly increase my exercise level and now I've gone and overdone it again. Added just 5 minutes on the eliptical (we paid good money for) to my walking DVD yesterday and I feel like a wet dishrag this morning. Not overly sore--but overly spent.

Not to mention one heck of a leg cramp last night.

Anyone else have this problem? I've been this way since my mid 30's.

I have been feeling stuck since yesterday.:cry I got my third fill on Weds. Prior to that one I had no restriction. They gave me .5 cc. Later that night I had some Tomato Soup and felt ok. Yesterday I tried some thicker potato/bacon Soup and had the worst pain in my chest.:bolt: Then later last night I had one chicken soft taco and I thought I was going to die...ended up pb'ing but still had the tightness in my chest even after the pb.:omg: This morning I got some coffee at my local coffee shop and they had some bananna bread that looked soooo good. I was feeling better and I thought maybe I could "prime" my band with the coffee and then eat the bananna bread. WRONG!!!! I ended up screaming at myself in the car like a lunatic, "NO BREAD...Damn it NO BREAD" :faint: all the way home. The pain in my chest didn't go away until a few minutes ago.

I decided to take Kathy's advice and go get some aloe vera juice.:puke: The one I got at a local health food store is made by Lily of the Desert and it's supposed to be specifically a stomach formula concentrate. I also got the papaya enzymes.

Well, I took it all at the same time so I don't know if one works better than the other but I feel alot better now!!:clap2: Thanks again Kathy.

I would appreciate any food suggestions for the next few days. Even the Soups give me some tightening in my chest. Is this normal? I hope I'm not too tight.

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

I've always had to slowly increase my exercise level and now I've gone and overdone it again. Added just 5 minutes on the eliptical (we paid good money for) to my walking DVD yesterday and I feel like a wet dishrag this morning. Not overly sore--but overly spent.

Not to mention one heck of a leg cramp last night.

Anyone else have this problem? I've been this way since my mid 30's.

Pinky-I had a leg cramp last night, too. It actually woke me up. I just started working out at Curves but I don't think I am over doing it yet. I know what you mean though...it's sorta how we are with food...we don't think it's enough and want more.:puke:

After a fill you should stay on liquids a few days and then go to mushies. I would suggest you go back to that and give everything a chance to heal. Have a ice cream shake if you must, but don't eat solids. I won't yell at you for eating bread since you already did that. :puke: I have my reaction to a fill up to 9 days after so just go slow.

Have some Soup, drink a Protein Drink, broth. Go to thicker Soups and then mushies. I like that bean/bacon soup and put it through the blender. Don't try solid meats for a few days to see where you are.

Hope it gets better and that you aren't overfilled.

Hi Everyone!

I have only posted once or twice but love to sneak in and listen to your stories. I always leave feeling more reassured and "normal". I have also learned more from this site than from anywhere else. I've been listening to the common problem of finding a way to get our Protein in and wanted to share something my (body-building) boss shared with me and has made such a difference. I ordered chocolate (I'm a chocolate feak) low-carb Isopure powder, add some fat-free, sugar-free instant chocolate pudding, skim milk and a few ice cubes in a blender and get a VERY chocolate thick shake!! I LOVE IT!!! Some mornings I add a little instant coffee powder or a banana. I have much more energy and feel great. Also, just bought Leslie's Walk Away The Pounds 4 mile walking dvd. Have worked up from the 2 mile over the past 2 1/2 months. Also made a hugh difference in the way I feel, sleep, look. Keep up the great work Junebies!!!

Banded 6/7/06 Dr. Aceves

5' 6" -#200/ C168

1 fill 1cc 7/27

second fill is Tuesday in New Orleans :clap2: :clap2:

Oh, and try not to use aloe vera juice all the time, it does have a laxative effect and it is the type of chemical laxative (many are from natural sources) that will with chronic use cause laxative dependency. Most laxatives they recommend you use for no more than a few days in a row, otherwise you weaken your own bodies process. Papaya enzymes are papasin which is a protease enzyme - it will only break down Protein, not starches or fats or any other foods. You can buy broad spectrum enzyme blends at the health food store and in some pharmacies that are targeted to help break down a wide variety of foods.

Hi Leila, I always love your responses!:) You are like a health food encyclopedia!!:Banane10: So, I have been using the recommended dosage of aloe since Friday afternoon. Do you think I should use it for a few more days?:D I am almost always constipated and have not had a BM since Thurs. Maybe because I am not eating much... Sorry if that's too much info.:tired My TOM starts next week and I read that may be why I am so tight.:paranoid I also know I don't drink enough Water and I recently read that effects band tightness so I am trying really hard to get enough.:phanvan

Laura:

I always get in trouble when I eat too fast--that goes for thick liquids too. Are you taking it slow? It's hard to do when you are Hungry--but you might try a small spoon.

Re--exercise--I've been pushing thru--going slower. Found out on another thread that lack of oxygen in blood (I'm often anemic) can cause some toxin build up in muscles when they are strained.

Iron supplements, Water and deep breathing may help with the leg cramps.

Gladdy

Thanks for the Protein tip. I've been using lo carb slim fast--but it wears on you. Where are you getting Isopure?

I am a huge fan of Leslie Sansone. I fold clothes, unload dishwasher, wipe down counters, make phone calls--you name it during the first 15 minutes of her DVD's (and some of the cool downs). I used to watch the clock--boring--but I finally decided exercise part of my daily routine--period, and 40 minutes is over soon.

:D

I'm glad it's helpful, sometimes people feel I come across as a know it all. I wouldn't use it for more than a week at a time, if Constipation is an ongoing problem the best bet is to really try to work more Fiber and liquids in your diet. Also try to figure out if you are taking any medications or supplements that are constipating, the biggest offender is often Calcium carbonate based calcium supplements. Having a calcium supplement that is not sourced from the carbonate kind and that is blended with a magnesium supplement will not only not constipate you, but can help you get regular. If you have a hard time getting in plain Water, don't limit yourself, and try other low cal or calorie free drinks to help. I drink water, V8 juice, Tomato juice, and diet iced tea, occasional crystal light, regular tea, and warm broth all regularly to keep my liquids up, I try to always be sipping something. If I get constipated I drink some apricot nectar too, it has as much as a benefit as prune juice, but tastes a lot better, just heavier in calories as it's full juice so I don't go overboard on it. The V8 and tomato has some fiber too.

Hi Leila, I always love your responses!:) You are like a health food encyclopedia!!:D So, I have been using the recommended dosage of aloe since Friday afternoon. Do you think I should use it for a few more days?:) I am almost always constipated and have not had a BM since Thurs. Maybe because I am not eating much... Sorry if that's too much info.:tired My TOM starts next week and I read that may be why I am so tight.:paranoid I also know I don't drink enough water and I recently read that effects band tightness so I am trying really hard to get enough.:phanvan

Im doing pretty good, Im still calling and trying to get a fill appointment hopefully this week. I have lost 3 more pounds and have kept it off.

We went to the fair yesterday and I decided before we left i would eat a roasted corn on the cob...yumm. Then i decided to splurge and got a carmeled apple and the first bit....it pulled off one of my crowns. Ouch! glad i didnt swallow it. The good thing is I work at a dental office so we will fix it in the morning. :) Stupid carmel apple anyways.

I will do good this week!!!!!!!!!

Hope you all do too :)

Hello Junebies! Hope everyone is doing well. I'm good, but I can eat too much. I try not to overdo, but definitely can eat more than 4-6 oz. I'll get a fill in early October and see if I can get some restriction.

I have been eating 1 Activia a day for regularity. Seems to be working. I'm also drinking lots of Water so that is helping. I don't want to get that way again. Its hard on your body.

I ordered the Injury from the Internet. Now my doctor tells us he doesn't want us to use powdered Protein. I have lots of it as his instructions were too late. I had already ordered it. I may add it to foods as I get braver as I worry that I don't get enough protein.

I am doing better when eating all my hard protein first, then my vegetables, then my side dish. I can still eat everything, but I do get full and it stays with me longer.

No weight loss this week. I ordered the walking tapes and hopefully they will be here soon. Then its exercising for me as I'm not doing enough of that. I've got the water habit now so next its the exercise.

Laura-

How are you feeling today? DO NOT underestimate the power of the TOM!! I had a week from hell last week, thinking I needed an unfill, PBing on mushies, gurgling Water, etc. My period ended yesterday and I am back to normal today. I guess it was just bad timing getting my first fill during PMS!!

Leila-

I hope you are doing ok! You seem to be remaining positive through this tough time!

Melissa Lea-

I'm jealous! I wanna be in Hawaii!

Keep up the good work Junebies!