Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tomorrow is my DAY!!

Well I have been in stealth mode for a while now and figured it was time to pop my head out. I have my surgery scheduled tomorrow. This of course was a rescheduled date as the docs office forgot to tell me I had to do stress tests, blood test and psych test. With that behind me and 3 weeks on these shakes, I am as prepared as I can be for this thing.

Has anyone else gone through the pre-op diet and found that you have to face some serious demons. I have found so many handicaps I have with food. I have found that no matter how full these shakes make me feel I still want to eat. With this new nugget of gold I have begun a mission to rewire my brain (not easy) so that I will no longer look towards food as an emotional transformer.

Has anyone gone through this?

I have found many interesting things about me and food, like it had some kind of friendship or something. It was all a one way affair believe me.

So how did your surgery go? I hope it went fine, and look forward to hearing from you soon.

food hates me, even if I love it. I know exactly what you mean about the pre-op thing. I am in it right now and wanting to eat while I can, not drink shakes and be "good".

Hope your surgery went well. How are you doing post-op?

I had a tough time with the pre op diet also. My Dr had me on it for about 3 weeks. Sorta of got me used to how I was going to eat after lap band surgery. Good Luck tommorow !!!

Well this is my second day in the pre op stage and the most i have had to deal with is the serious wanting ot eat for no good reason. My wife has me set up and has been absolutely wonderful making me stick to everything as I should. There is no real big pain just some major discomfort which dwindles day by day. I am going to try and keep busy today, because I amnot one to just sit around, that is how I got here. So I am going to go dust off my canvas and paints and see what happens.

Everyone said it is much easier after the Surgery, Well they were right. All you have to do is make it to the date of your Surgery, It is so wild that a 1/4 cup of broth can fill you up and make you feel like thanksgiving. Oh What a beautiful thing.

Well I am off to prep for painting, I will check back with you guys later.

Oh one more thing After the surgery look into Isopure shakes, My wife found them and they have more Protein and Vitamins with less shake, they are absolutely great for the energy you will need. you can mis with Water or milk, Water is easier to drink post op, but the milk taste reallly good

Welcome to Bandland MJK. Savor that full feeling, that is due to swelling and does not last. Take advantage of this time to do some walking which will help with your recovery and weight loss. I like the Isopure clear Protein because you get 40 grams of Protein and it goes down easy if your swollen. I wish you well on your journey.

Roberta

ok so my full feeling is on the way out on my 6th day I feel like the liquid is going right through me. is this liquid diet still a must for two weeks or what? Anyone else have this problem? Tomato Soup just aint going to kick it for too much longer

I was on mushies by my second afternoon post-op. By my second week out I was tired of eating the same things everyday. When I went for my post-op exam I spoke to my doctor and he told me to hold on for another 2 weeks. His fear was that I might have a pb. Not about breaking my stitches. I suggest you call your doctor. He/she may advance you to mushies. I know I could never have lasted 4 weeks on liquids. But..... it does help with your weight loss if you hang tough.

Roberta