Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My First Adjustment

Today is the real beginning to my band experience. I had surgery on August 9th, but just got my first adjustment due to Fluid not yet obsorbed around my port from the surgery. I was so excited today when I left the doctors office that I cried. I have no idea what I am in for as far as tolerance because since I have been eating solid foods, I really haven't had problems with anything. To date I am down 24 lbs but have pretty much been at a stand still for a few weeks waiting for my body to cooperate and was getting a little discouraged because the changes I have made stopped producing results. Any suggestions for tomorrow, my first experience with solid food after adjustment.

Hi Ellie,

Congrats on your fill and your great wl thus far.

I just got a fill yesterday. Granted it was only 0.3cc and I'm 4 years out. But the experience is the same nontheless :)

I usually do liquids the first day (lots of drinks, Protein shake, maybe creamy soup). Because I've done this for awhile and know precisely how to listen to my band, I'll usually have something soft in the morning the next day than gradually transition into solids as the day passes on as long as I get no kickback from my previous meals.

Examples include banana and yogurt in the morning. Super mushy, easy to pass. lunch would be something like Soup with soft veggies, cheese slice etc. Again, easy to pass but getting a little firmer with things that need to be broken down. dinner will be chili perhaps. Chili is great becaue it's already broken down but it's a true solid that can be chewed down to mushy.

The key now is to go slow. Eat and appreciate how your band feels w/ each food and each bite. Do you feel restriction or are things just passing through? Either is good. If you are feeling restriction, learn to feel a sense of satiety with your meal. Don't force yourself to eat everything on your plate if you are getting signals you are done. This will fluctuate during the day most likely.

Another thing to remember..what worked before your fill may not work after. Some people can eat eggs for 6 months after even their 3rd fill..but than fill 4 BAM eggs are an issue. So just don't assume anything...experiment with each food every time after a fill.

Hope your fill keeps you happy until it's time for your next one. Keep going and think green :)

Hi Ellie,

Congrats on your fill and your great wl thus far.

I just got a fill yesterday. Granted it was only 0.3cc and I'm 4 years out. But the experience is the same nontheless :)

I usually do liquids the first day (lots of drinks, Protein shake, maybe creamy soup). Because I've done this for awhile and know precisely how to listen to my band, I'll usually have something soft in the morning the next day than gradually transition into solids as the day passes on as long as I get no kickback from my previous meals.

Examples include banana and yogurt in the morning. Super mushy, easy to pass. lunch would be something like Soup with soft veggies, cheese slice etc. Again, easy to pass but getting a little firmer with things that need to be broken down. dinner will be chili perhaps. Chili is great becaue it's already broken down but it's a true solid that can be chewed down to mushy.

The key now is to go slow. Eat and appreciate how your band feels w/ each food and each bite. Do you feel restriction or are things just passing through? Either is good. If you are feeling restriction, learn to feel a sense of satiety with your meal. Don't force yourself to eat everything on your plate if you are getting signals you are done. This will fluctuate during the day most likely.

Another thing to remember..what worked before your fill may not work after. Some people can eat eggs for 6 months after even their 3rd fill..but than fill 4 BAM eggs are an issue. So just don't assume anything...experiment with each food every time after a fill.

Hope your fill keeps you happy until it's time for your next one. Keep going and think green :)

you're great with your advice.