Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pre-op Finish Line

Hi...I am scheduled for surgery this coming Tuesday. I am hungry, grumpy and starting to question my decisions. I am so glad I have a good support system because that has been the key to my success so far. I am amazed at how much I am addicted to food and have done well But I want a pizza right now!!!

Any words of advice???

Congratulations on starting this wonderful journey. I never craved anything while pre-op. I was too afraid to do anything wrong so I never did anything wrong. Maybe call your dietitian for advice.

i too am having cravings though its more a mental craving then my body needing anything.. i'm trying to treat the cravings just like i did when i gave up smoking.. have to think of the bigger picture.. and distraction - distraction - distraction did i mention distraction ? that truly is the key when you feel those cravings coming up find something better to do. me i love to knit/cross stitch so i'm working on a baby blanket for a co-worker keeps my hands busy and relaxes me.

what pre op diet are you on? mine allows me 1 meal a day. i save it for dinner so i can go to bed full. and it's something to look forward to at the end of the day.

I am on 1 meal a day also...with 2 Protein Drinks. I am at the car dealership now getting an oil change (distraction) then I am going to the gym for a swim. For some reason I just lost my focus today.

The pre-op can be rough, but you don't have your band just yet so there is some learning curve. Tuesday will come fast, don't ruin all the hard work you have done to get this far.

Try to make some Tomato Soup with some cheese in it, or even some pizza sauce with a sprinkle of cheese.< /p>

You will be able to eat pizza again. It's not the best choice, and it may take a few weeks but you will be able to enjoy a slice now and then.

If you really MUST have it, you don't have your band yet so you can go head and have that slice, but stop there and get back to the diet and stick to it till Tuesday. You will be glad you did :)

Best of luck to you!

I did not have to diet pre-op. Now right before my second fill (4 days) I have eaten pizza but I don't eat anywhere near the amount I would or could! Now It's more like a normal person may eat (a couple slices of a small or medium pie). I'm guessing that after my second or third fill that amount will be cut again.

Congratulations on your surgery date -- I am waiting to get mine and getting impatient for the new chapter to begin. Yours is just about to start! Good luck with all the good decisions you are making for yourself. Love the Big Picture comment above. How about a quick letter to yourself about what you want -- the things you look forward to doing when you are healthier. I have a big list and like to look it over for encouragement. Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Good luck!! A few more days to go, you are almost there!!

Hi...I am scheduled for surgery this coming Tuesday. I am hungry, grumpy and starting to question my decisions. I am so glad I have a good support system because that has been the key to my success so far. I am amazed at how much I am addicted to food and have done well But I want a pizza right now!!!

Any words of advice???

yes, my advice, take it day by day.......you already are a success

and when it gets tough, and it will...remember how far you have come

Hi...I am scheduled for surgery this coming Tuesday. I am hungry' date=' grumpy and starting to question my decisions. I am so glad I have a good support system because that has been the key to my success so far. I am amazed at how much I am addicted to food and have done well But I want a pizza right now!!!

Any words of advice???[/quote']

We are almost there. I'm also scehuled for the 17th. I'm just keeping busy to keep my mind of food.< /p>

Marcyusa29...I am so happy for you!!!! It is coming quickly and I find that my emotions are starting to calm a bit. Are you ready?? I am just making the final plans for my son (I have an 8 year old with disabilities)...thank God for my mother who is taking over his care while I am at the hospital. Good luck and I will say a prayer that all goes smoothly for you too!!!

Marcyusa29...I am so happy for you!!!! It is coming quickly and I find that my emotions are starting to calm a bit. Are you ready?? I am just making the final plans for my son (I have an 8 year old with disabilities)...thank God for my mother who is taking over his care while I am at the hospital. Good luck and I will say a prayer that all goes smoothly for you too!!!

Thank you so much!!! You know I'm so ready right now. Same here doing my final plans for Tueaday. I will also say a prayer for you too. GOOD LUCK!!!

I go in tomorrow morning at 9am! eeekkkkk! Are any of you on a clear liquid diet for day before surgery? They told me NO food AT ALL for today.....I am so hungry/shaky. :(

Can you eat sf popsicles?? I am on 2 days of Clear Liquids (my surgery is Tuesday). I am drinking Water and had some sf Jello. I am outside (I live in Massachusetts) watching the trains with my son and enjoying the warmth of the sun. I am focused right now, but if I start to come unraveled, I take a few deep breaths and regroup. My eyes are on the finish line.

Can you eat sf popsicles?? I am on 2 days of clear liquids (my surgery is Tuesday). I am drinking Water and had some sf Jello. I am outside (I live in Massachusetts) watching the trains with my son and enjoying the warmth of the sun. I am focused right now' date=' but if I start to come unraveled, I take a few deep breaths and regroup. My eyes are on the finish line.[/quote']

sugar free Popsicles are fine! They pulled me through all my clear liquid diets and still do after a fill. They are my lifesaver along with sugar free Jello.< /p>