Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is there a minimum amount of time that typically lapses between fills?

I had my first fill on 9/4 (4 cc's). I don't feel restriction when I eat and I'm hungry within 2-3 hours of eating. I know that it takes time and trial/error to get to the green zone. I have checkup appointments every 2 weeks for the first 3 months, so I'm set to see my doctor next week. Would another fill be done at that point, at the appointment 2 weeks after that, further out? I really don't know what to expect.

Thanks for any insight!

My instructions were 4 to 6 weeks between fills. Had 2cc at surgery and 2 cc in six weeks. Went back 6 weeks later but did not get a fill due to an upcoming plane trip. Glad I did not fill then as band did tighten on the flight to Tucson, not badly, but I drank Protein Shakes all the next day. So went about 10 weeks for next fill and have been doing .5cc every 6 weeks for a total of 4 fills in 6 months. Will go back 6 weeks after last fill and maybe won't have to have fill as I feel everything is nice and green right now. Best of luck and don't be to worried about the hunger and eating every 2 to 3 hours a few ounces at a time. That is normal until you get enough fill and get into the green zone.

My surgeon isn't as aggressive with fills because in his experience slow and steady wins the race. I got my band inserted without fill and got the first fill after two weeks (1CC) the second fill about two months later (1CC) and the third fill this week two months later (1/2 CC). Listen to your body, and your surgeon!

I had 3 fills total...first one was 4 weeks after surgery, then 2 more 4 weeks apart each.....

Total of three fills, within 3 months of surgery....4cc's, 2 cc's, then finally 1cc....all the while using the "Yellw-Green-Red" chart on the wall as a quide.....

That was 2-1/2 years ago, have not needed a fill since, and hav been in the green since 4 months after surgery....

Yes, my Dr. is/was very aggressive.....and he knew I was agreesive about this also so .....4 months to get to the green, then another 2-3 months for me to adjust myself to cope with the band, develop new skills and habits...

I had difficulties and struggles within those first few months, but I'm glad I never backed down.....now it's a everyday, common, lifestyle without giving it much thought or worry...

Only thing I need to be concerned about is that I rememebr to eat enough per day, and be sure i get all my daily Protein and Water requirements....

I also pay very close attention to posts concerning slippage and erosion, etc, and so far I have not seen anything in common.....a lot of therories as to why, but not much with a sound foundation.

Thanks, everyone. It's funny how surgeons are so different with their approaches to the band. I had my first fill on 9/4 (4 ccs), then another on 9/18 (2.5 ccs), and my most recent on 10/2 (1 cc). My doctor didn't want to wait longer in between the fills because I've been so hungry. I'm hoping that this fill on Wednesday got me closer to where I need to be. Today is my first day back on solids after the fill. I hope to be satiated longer now.

I have another appointment in 2 weeks, which will be the last appointment covered under my global surgery coverage. All appointments since my surgery in July have been covered 100%. I'll have to start paying my co-pay for the visits going forward. After the initial 3 months post-op, how often do you see your surgeon?