Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

problems for a few days after fills?

Is it unusual for there to be a bit of a delay in "issues"? I had a fill last Monday, followed the rules to a T and started softs on Wed evening (mashed potatoes)...on Friday, I had a Clif Builder Protein bar...no issues.

Friday night, I went to Taco Bell w/ my fam. I chose a Mexican pizza and had about 3 tiny bites and it all came back up. In about the same form it went down...tho I did CHEW!!

So, since then I've not been able to really eat anything. My shakes are even iffy...?

I have had Fluid removed twice and Dr says I am WELL BELOW the "normal" capacity for this far out (July 2012). I seem to be hyper-sensitive to a fill, and certainly anything more than a "smidge" will not work at all.

So, I AM drinking Water w/ no problem. Just sips.

Should I just take it easy for a couple more days? Maybe I just over-did it too soon? I did follow his instructions, but maybe I did just get in a hurry since I'm so touchy.

Also, I have a LOT of gurgling noises that echo around my throat...is that common??

I've lost 46...20'ish more to go. I don't want to go backwards...

Thanks!

Kim

Yes. It can take up to a week to really feel the effects of a new fill.

I had my procedure March 14, with today being Nov. 23, 2013. I have a 14 cc capacity band. During this 8 month period, I have had 7 fills. The fills have always been 1-2 cc's. My last fill on Nov. 20 put me to 12 cc's of total fill. Up to this point, I have been able to pretty much eat what I want. Weight loss was right at 40 pounds in 8 months. My doctor always told me to eat soft foods for a couple of days after a fill, then move onto more solid foods. I've never had to do this, until this last fill! He rocked my world with this one! Lol. I came home immediately after the fill and my wife had made potato Soup. No problems. Went to the cafe the next day, and had a small lunch special of salad, meat loaf, mashed potatos, and green Beans. No problem. The next morning, I had trouble drinking my morning coffee, and managed to get down three Lunchable turkey and cheese crackers. At lunch, re-heated some potato Soup, and it was a no-go. It all came back up. I have also been drinking the Zeal wellness drink. I tried drinking that after lunch had come up to get some Vitamins and nutrients. I couldn't get that down, either. So on the 3rd day after my fill, I couldn't even get cold liquids down. This morning, I have drank two cups of coffee, and tried to drink a Carnation Instant Breakfast. A couple of drinks, and I felt stuck, and just had to wait it out. I thought it was going to come back up, but it didn't.

I came to this forum to see if others were having the same issues, and I see that I'm not the only one. I have a friend that has had this procedure, and she told me that you have to learn what you can and can't do after each fill. This is the first time that I've really had to apply that information.

I have reached my first goal, with is awesome! I just had all my yearly checkups, and all my bloodwork came back in the "green zones". I'm about to have to stop taking my blood pressure meds. My health is really looking up! I'm hanging in there!