Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Binge Eating & Prozac

Banded a week ago. Perfect solution to my poor eating habits as its been stopped in its tracks! I was a binge eater. Heavy, high calorie Carbs, as much as I could eat every day. I then read about fluoxetine aka Prozac being used for Bulimia. Thinking that a 'binge eater' was same as suffering from Bulimia, except you don't vomit, I approach my doctor and got the ok to take 60mg Prozac. I started this dose 6 weeks ago. The urge to binge has defo subsided. A combo of this dose and the physical presence of my band should be the perfect solution. Fingers crossed x

Over eating, as well as smoking, gambling, chewing nails, etc, etc can all be attributed to Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) and anti-anxiety meds can help and alleviate it.

I have been on every diet known under the sun before being banded....including these types of meds....helped a little, but like everything else not for very long....

Weight Loss surgery is/was the ONLY thing that took care of my overeating by automatically setting my portion sizes, and taking away my hunger - cravings 24 hrs a day...

I will have to say it was not easy in the beginning...it is a big learning curve, learning new habits to cope with the levels of restriction I gained from band adjustments.....but after 4 months I reached that "Green Zone" and everything has been as simple as can be ever since....loosing all my excess weight in the process.....

I believe in the band and what it can do if people let it and don't fight it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches