Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fitbit Flex or UP by Jawbone??

My reward for hitting my goal of ONEderland is one of these activity trackers. I am on target to reach this goal with my weigh in on Saturday morning! WOOHOO!!!

So, I need your input!! I was sold on the UP but now I have read many comparison reviews and am leaning toward the Flex.

Which tracker do you use? What do you love about it and what do you not like?

Thanks!!!

I have had the fitbit zip and the flex....I LOVE the ZIP !

I have heard great things about the zip but I have to have one that is a Bracelet. :(

I love my flex! Have had it since June. It is an awesome reminder everyday to get moving. A friend has the jawbone but I'm unfamiliar the differences, sorry.

I did some digging and ended up buying the Fitbit One and love it! It's nice to see my habits in raw data form, so there's one less excuse not to move.

Also, if you end up wanting the Flex, you can get a decent deal on it. I'm relatively new on the boards, so I won't direct link out to where the deal is (not sure if I'm allowed to), but if you want more information, don't hesitate to ask (deal is the Flex for $63 plus shipping).

~David.

I have the fitbit flex , its ok but basically a glorified pedometer I am less then impressed with it

I have had the UP band since around January and I love it! Awesome design, User-friendly app, etc.

I will say that I have had to have mine replaced more that once, but the process was quick and easy. Call them up and they ship the replacement right to you immediately with no questions asked.

I have the ZIP and love it. It is lower cost than the upper models and if you go to Best Buy they have a two pack you could get for your exercise partner or to have as a spare.

I did some digging and ended up buying the Fitbit One and love it! It's nice to see my habits in raw data form' date=' so there's one less excuse not to move.

Also, if you end up wanting the Flex, you can get a decent deal on it. I'm relatively new on the boards, so I won't direct link out to where the deal is (not sure if I'm allowed to), but if you want more information, don't hesitate to ask (deal is the Flex for 63 plus shipping).

~David.[/quote']

Could u send me a message with where I can get that deal!? That would be awesome!

I am really wanting to get one of these. My research has me leaning towards the Flex. I would like to know how many calories I am burning on a daily basis vs input.

I have the fitbit one and my husband has the fitbit flex. The PA at my surgeon's office had the UP by Jawbone and she hates it.

The Up does not measure your steps if your hands are stationary. For her it's when she is pushing her jogging stroller with her son. She can run 2 miles and the Up doesn't measure a step because her hand is stationary.

I suggested she try putting it on her ankle but it is not calibrated to measure from that perspective it's looking for the arm swing.

The fitbit one is awesome, as a woman I love it because I can hide it in my bra, and no one see's it or knows its there and I can wear any watch or Bracelet I want to and still track my steps.

My husband as the flex since he wears shorts alot there isn't really a place to affix the one or the zip clip.

The fitbit one tracks your sleep habits as well as elevation for flights of stairs climbed in the day. I don't think the zip does all of that.

The flex tracks all your steps and sleep but does not track the elevation, or stairs climbed.

I hope all of this is helpful! Congrats on reaching Onederland and purchasing a tracker as a reward!

I ended up purchasing the flex and a new heart rate monitor...I got the Polar FT4. I love them both! :) I only use the HR monitor when I am actually working out and I use it's calorie burn info :). Super excited about them. I love the flex because it motivates me to get steps in (so basically get off my arse during the day) and it does track me on my elliptical. I also wore my HR monitor doing housework and intentionally added short sprints down the hall and jumping jacks between chores to keep my heart rate in the target zone. LOL ... It was quite hilarious and I bet I looked like a total freak. LOL Sure made the norm a little more fun!