Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Healthy vacation restaurant

Now that Summer is here people will be out traveling. I thought it might be good to have a list of good healthy places to eat on the run.

List your favorite place to eat while on vacation sit down or fast food, and your healthy recomended meal.

Or if your like us and pack a cooler for most of your travel meals, what kind of healthy car travel foods do you take along?

I dont mind feeding the family Quizno's. I feel like its pretty healthy - better then Bk or McD's - and they have kids meals for the little ones.

I ususally eat the cheese & broc. soup/chili or the Road Ranch salad ?? (has roast beef & melted cheese poured over it) - very delish.

Ive realized that when we travel, not to stock pile junk food in the van. Its just as easy to buy trail mix, mixed nuts, fruits & veggie. And if they want junk then we'll buy a personal size bag of something when we stop for gas.

Its hard to get a family to eat healthy on the road - especially when Dad's a big BIG big junk food junkie :) !

List your favorite place to eat while on vacation sit down or fast food, and your healthy recomended meal.

Or if your like us and pack a cooler for most of your travel meals, what kind of healthy car travel foods do you take along?

I travel frequently, not really car travel but business travel so the cooler isn't much of an option.

Fast food:

• Chipotle - chicken bol w/ a few black Beans, green chile salsa, pinch of cheese & sour cream. Will eat just a few chips & guac if DH orders them.
  • Quizno's - Salads. I'm usually full by the time I eat the meat off (I get the <something> chicken one... Romano Chicken... something like that).
  • Subway - salad or have them put all the sandwich innards on a plate. They have good tuna.< br />
  • Taco Bell - Nachos or a spicy chicken taco that I'll eat the insides of with an order of pintos & cheese w/ extra red sauce.

"OK" (quality of food) sit in:

• Cracker Barrel - Grilled chicken tenderloins with mashed potatoes or applesauce.
  • Applebee's - (not my fav restaurant but these two dishes are good and do well with my band) Chipotle lime tilapia or Asiago garlic chicken.
  • 54th Street - The salad that has the lime dressing, can't remember the name of it.
  • O'Charley's - cup of Soup and "Chicken O'Tenders" (I eat two, rest go to hotel if it has a fridge/microwave, otherwise goes to the others at my table).

Good (yum!) sit in:

• PF Chang's - Kung Pao or Chang's Spicy chicken. Or I just get the lettuce wrap appetizer, which is more than I can eat and very yummy.
  • Baja 600 or Jose Pepper's - "Pollo magnifico". It's the same item in both places but has a different name.
  • Uno's - Clam chowder
  • Carlos O'Kelly's - Prarie fire chicken & enchillada. Eat the chicken breast, few bites of the enchillada innards & I'm good to go.
  • Panera - Roast beef & asiago sandwich. I can eat the outside of the bread, the meat & cheese w/ no problem... haven't tried the soft inside bread. I'll eat about 1/4 and take the rest or give it to someone else with me.
  • Cheesecake Factory - I've had several on-the-go meals here and haven't had any problems with them. As a rule I stay away from hamburger & pork.

If I can pack a snack, say for a long flight, I'll usually go with:

• Turkey pepperoni microwaved 'til crunchy
  • Starkist on the go packs, minus the relish
  • Applesauce cup
  • banana (don't always do these well, but either way about 1/5 will fill me up)
  • Soy crackers

Okies I always take popcorn on road trips, I buy bottle Water and stick in a cooler, and fruit juices if we going to be having Breakfast on the road.

Beef Jerky and sandwich crackers. I make sandwiches before we leave ham turkey roast beef what ever lol

Breakfast I pack~ Fruit ~yogurt~poptarts for the kidos

We don't norm. stop to sit and eat if we do get something from a place we eat in the truck.

• I like Subway sub club salad or sandwich but I cant eat it all so the rest goes in the cooler.

• Taco bell bean burrito I squeeze out the Beans lol and toss the shell or order 2 pintos and cheese.

• Schloskys (sp?) I love their potato Soup and 1/2 a turkey orig. meal I cant eat it all.

OKIES GUYS!

We leave on Monday night to my Mothers house in FL!

I've got new travel food issues LOL

I got my fill and I'm scared to eat real food now!

Real as in meats steak pork chicken breast etc.

The last 2 fills prior to this on have been way too tight and I had to have an unfill..So I'm nervous about traveling afraid I'll eat something that makes me Pb or get ill I'll swell up and 1) have to be on liquids my whole trip or 2) have to go to the ER and get an unfill by someone other than my DR! :D

Today is the 3rd day after my fill so far so good guess I'm just nervous..I've had 1 day of liquids (cream of chicken Soup, Jello, and water) then I had one day of mushies (Refried Beans, potato soup, and jello) and today I've had (potato soup left overs lol,and 1 slice of boiled ham lunch meat)

I've not got sick on anything and my mom says she'll make things I can eat but I hate being a pain in the ARS when theres 10 people eating. :)

Oh man... I'm prob. just getting overly worked up..

Right now Taco bell pintos and cheese sounds like it going to be my travel food.. I need good ideas on things I can maybe make at home to take, I was thinking beef Jerky but not now!

We'll be in the truck for dinner, Breakfast, lunch,and maybe another Dinner. The kiddo's will want Snacks and I know I will too.