Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Note to self...don't go to diff Dr. Wait for your Dr's Nurse :/

So I went to a different Doctor yesterday to get my fill. My doctor and his awesome nurse were gone this week and I really wanted a fill so I went to his coworker. Well She ended up poking me twice and missing my port. The second time she poked me I guess she hit my muscle or something but I let out a YELP! and she quickly pulled the needle out. She ended up saying that she didn't feel comfortable trying again and that it would be best to wait for my doctor and or his nurse to do the next fill. So I spent the rest of the day sad that I didn't get the fill I want so badly, not to mention a bit sore in my abdomen. I woke up today and have a little bruise from where she poked me. As I look at it now I can tell she wasn't even near my port. My port lies just under my big scar. Oh well guess I will eat like a good girl and wait for my lovely nurse to come back into town to get my fill. I am at 4.5cc's and hoping for another full cc. I am hungry all day long. I ate lunch at 12 and I am hungry again now at 117. That makes it just over a half hour since I finished eating :/ Not to mention I didn't drink while I ate. POO! I need to lose 40 pounds by December. I don't have time to be so hungry! Makes it harder to fight temptation. lol Anyone ever had a dr have a hard time finding their port?

Ouch! Dang girl lol Hope your fill goes well once you do end up getting it. Maybe it was something to learn now to keep in mind for later down the road! Good luck to you ;]

I don't get how these people who are supposedly trained to do fills have so much problems with ports. I access mediports all the time with no problem. Think if I ever got tempted to do my own fills.

Sorry that you had a difficult time with a professional healthcare worker. Jeeze.... I would tell your regular doctor about how much trouble she had finding your port. It shouldn't be that hard...we all know where our ports are for gosh sakes.

I also wanted to mention something else in your post. You say that you need to lose 40 lbs. by December. Don't say need, say want. Because if you say need and don't make that goal....which is very aggressive I might add, you might find yourself feeling bad about not making the goal and self sabotage.

You have to change your mindset and don't set yourself up for failure. Whatever you lose by December is a success whether it's 40 lbs. or less.

Yeah I realized after the appointment she was nowhere near my port lol way to low!! Mine sits just shy of my ribs (which I hate when I lay on it).

Yes I realize my goal is mighty darn aggressive and I'd be happy just to get out of my stall. I say I need simply because to me growing up I was always taught that you get the things you need but you don't always get what ya want. I set that goal simply because my one year anniversary is coming up with my man and I'd like to take pictures with him but I want to be in "one"derland. If I'm not I won't take pictures. I will continue to work until I hit that goal. This has been my goal for the past several months but I lost time when I was without a fill for awhile (dang you gallbladder) lol ( btw I totally get what you meant about want and need... It's just how I was raised lol)

I should also mention my normal nurse gets me in and filled in under 10 minutes... This dr took a hour to even come into the room to see me!! Yikes.

I wish this wasn't such a long journey, I wish I could click my heels and be fit and healthy. Hey a girl can dream!! Lol

I get what you say about goals. I set goals for myself and work towards them. Its not the end of the world if I dont reach them, but if they are reasonable, I should be able to do it. I usually set 7 and 8 lbs goals because they are totally doable. I figure if I set small goals, the big ones will take care of themselves. Also, NSVs are the bomb even if the scales arent moving. I've been going to the gym regularly and friends say I look like Ive lost alot where I'm not seeing a huge change on the scales, I know that will come later. I just enjoy every victory I get.