Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

GREEN ZONE Where are you?......

So I've been banded for 1 yr & 4 months & 12 days(April 25,2012) now and I've done had several fills I believe I'm at 5cc's in my 10cc band and NO RESTRICTION...When do restriction begins??? Can't wait to hit the GREEN ZONE

Your over a year and no green zone? Why don't you get more fills? You have more room for it in your band.

. you have to follow the rules no matter how much is in your band. It's still a diet so a lot of thing had to change in my home. NO JUNK food allowed in the house and the kids have been great. If I have a problem food like Peanut Butter the Kids will hide it I just cant trust myself on some day so I have figured out little tricks to keep me on track you will also. At this point you should have lost more so track every bite and find out where the problem is the worst and fix that..this takes work but it works when you do Good luck

I agree with Pinky. Why aren't you demanding fills? Your band won't work it's magic without proper adjustments. Restriction will only happen when you have enough Fluid in your band. Consider asking or telling your doctor you're not feeling enough restriction to be in the green zone? You should be looking for being satisfied with a meal for 4 hours. If not, you need a fill.

tmf

Unfortunately this is a highly individualized number. I use to be green at 5cc, but 4 yrs later and 100 lbs later I've needed more fills to get to green and am now at 6cc. However, I have heard of people as low as 0 and as high as 10/10cc in their bands. I know you are looking for averages, but it's just worth it because it's irrelevant as it pertains to you and your band.

Please be persistant and get fills every 4-6 weeks max until you reach green. Initially fills are large and than docs taper off because even 0.1cc can make a huge difference to someone very near green. So keep going :)

Your over a year and no green zone? Why don't you get more fills? You have more room for it in your band.

I've go in every 6 wks for fill and he'll only give me 0.25cc's-1 cc's lately it been either 0.25 and 0.5 cc's last time he gave me 1 cc was the beginning of summer

Sounds like you have a cautious doctor! Be thankful he is taking you slow! Many people post about complications on here about over fills! Your stomach will thank you later! Remember you are on a diet! I am also at 5cc's and when I choose to eat something nutritionally NOT what I need... My weight loss isn't what it should be! But when I drink shakes and eat well which is most days... I loss! I am 7 weeks post op and 20lbs down! Good Luck!