Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for a better weight loss or am I crazy !!!!!!

I was banded on 5/9/2013. At the time of Surgery I weighed 320. I now weigh 291. Today I received my 4th fill and I was very disappointed because in the month of August I lost 1 lb. Im not sure if I am doing something wrong. I walk 2 miles 2 to 3 days a week. My intake is smaller. I just need some tips. My goal is to try and lose 10 lbs a month. I just need some ideas on what worked for others as I am a beginner. Sometimes I think I am being hard on myself but I really want to lose more weight. I received a fill today and I have 10cc in my band currently. My doctor told me its pretty tight but when he checked on the xray before the fill the liquid was going right through. Any suggestions would be great. I don't want to fail at this early on. Thanks in advance. :P

Weight loss comes down to simple math- when you burn more calories than you consume you lose weight. Unfortunately eating smaller amounts of food doesn't necessarily mean less calories. If I were you, I'd start tracking calories so you can be sure you're not accidentally eating too much and will start losing weight again.

Best wishes.

How much Protein are you getting? What are you eating?

remember you should try for 1 - 2 lbs a week anything on top of that is bonus

This is kind of like the what weighs more a pound of feathers or a pound of concrete question - well not really. But seriously, like a previous post noted, it's not just about portion size. Think of the difference in calories between a cup of Haagen Daz ice cream versus a cup of tuna fish. I'm finding it useful using WW online to track my food, portion size and points.

if you are walking and doing well, you are losing inches are you not??

then that is great......and you have lost alot...GREAT job...focus on how far you have came..and how you are doing instead of what are you doing wrong...just eat well, continue to exercise and believe

(in yourself)

Thank you all for your replies. I am losing inches. A lot in my waist. I haven't been getting the Protein that is needed though and this maybe the problem. I am lactose intolerant so I don't do the shakes. I eat pretty good but I don't think I am eating enough and not enough protein. Just trying to get some ideas from others to see if im off track with the weight loss or just over doing it with the expectations.

Thank you Carolinagirl. Thanks for the encouragement.

Thank you all for your replies. I am losing inches. A lot in my waist. I haven't been getting the Protein that is needed though and this maybe the problem. I am lactose intolerant so I don't do the shakes. I eat pretty good but I don't think I am eating enough and not enough Protein. Just trying to get some ideas from others to see if im off track with the weight loss or just over doing it with the expectations.

I think if you are losing inches then that is great. I use unsweetened vanilla almond milk in my shakes. Maybe try that or soy milk. When mixed with the Protein powder you can't tell that it's not real milk. I add Decaf instant coffee and peppermint extract to the shake and it tastes great.

Good luck and don't let numbers ruin your day.

Muscle Milk is lactose-free. If you're going to try the almond milk, which I love, start with the original one (not the unsweetened one) because it might turn you off at first.

The 20/20/20 rule is what I use. Chew each small fork full 20 times at least.

Then wait 20 seconds before the next one.

Only eat for 20 mins.

I also was told don't drink 30 mins before or after my meals.

Finally I trade all meat for quorn..so many fewer calories. Eat Protein first, then veg carbs last..

Hope that helps... :)

Sent from my GT-S5830 using LapBandTalk

Did you loose weight prior to surgery? Best thing to do is track calories, you maybe over eating. Do you have a nut? I think you need to track and review with your nut, that really helps me.

Did you loose weight prior to surgery? Best thing to do is track calories' date=' you maybe over eating. Do you have a nut? I think you need to track and review with your nut, that really helps me.[/quote']

Of course she has a nut ..... We are all nuts!!! It has taken me weeks to figure out your referring to the dietician Omg. I feel like a nut.

i had a fill too 10 days ago and no weight loss I read my surgeons book again and realised i have to take 40-50 g of Protein a day and my Calori intaje should b arund 1200