Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Why they ease us into fills. I've been frustrated that, while I've been losing weight, I've had to do it all by willpower. Pre lap-band I'm at the point where my will power loses out to Dunkin Donuts.

I had my 4th fill Friday since my June12th surgery. He gave me 2 cc's which took me to 7.8 in my 14 cc band. I definitely could feel a difference and looking at My Fitness Pal, I only had 600 calories Friday and Saturday (supposed to be at 1800) but didnt feel hungry.

Tonight I had my first really bad "stuck" episode. I was 1/3 of the way through a fat free turkey hot dog (which I eat almost every day) and I realized something was wrong. I got a stressed feeling in my chest and then this weird foamy stuff started to come back up. It lasted over an hour with a ton of that weird stuff coming up.

What I've realized is that the time leading up to this point is when I was supposed to teach myself the basics: eating SLOWLY, using a child's fork to control bite sizes, chewing up the bite well, etc.

Lesson learned. Just wish I didn't have to go through what I did tonight to figure it out.

I am an advocate of slow and steady for that very reason. Even so I've had my own stuck episodes over the years! I do think though that a stuck episode can get SO much worse if you're already a little bit tight, and then getting stuck sends the swelling right over the edge where you can't even hold down your own spit. So you have to get unfilled even though you probably weren't at the green zone yet.

Allowing the fill swelling to subside, giving you some 'room' in case you get stuck and learning how to eat between fills is a good way to go, imo.

It's so great that we can learn from our mistakes! Today was my first real meal after my second fill, with which I FINALLY felt slight restriction, even at the doctor's office drinking the Water before they let me go. I had very little food and was pleasantly satisfied... So much so, that I said exactly what you're saying: now I know WHY they ease us into it (with each fill). I even said I might ask for just 1/2 a cc next time instead of a whole one... But I snapped myself outta that one pretty fast!!

My only stuck episode was with a chicken hot dog. Smaller bites and chew, chew, chew.

I got a stuck feeling last night, was enjoying chilli ..nom..nom...nom....and I mean really enjoying it...but I forgot to chew millions...and then I lost that enjoyment. That will teach me whilst on mushy food ! ... How much do people eat a day ?

Yesterday I had half bowl fresh carrot Soup.< /p>

Two spoons ( in total) chilli

Low fat yogurt

And this was enough for me....

I'm assuming I will keep losing weight as although I'm not calorie counting even I know what I had won't be over 1000 maybe not 800 calories all day .. I was just wondering if this is normal or just down to the maybe swelling or the 1cc that's in my band at the moment.

What sort of food day do other people have please ..or favorite meals. ..( so I can pinch the recipes hehe)

I got a stuck feeling last night, was enjoying chilli ..nom..nom...nom....and I mean really enjoying it...but I forgot to chew millions...and then I lost that enjoyment. That will teach me whilst on mushy food ! ... How much do people eat a day ?

Yesterday I had half bowl fresh carrot Soup.< /p>

Two spoons ( in total) chilli

Low fat yogurt

And this was enough for me....

I'm assuming I will keep losing weight as although I'm not calorie counting even I know what I had won't be over 1000 maybe not 800 calories all day .. I was just wondering if this is normal or just down to the maybe swelling or the 1cc that's in my band at the moment.

What sort of food day do other people have please ..or favorite meals. ..( so I can pinch the recipes hehe)

Just make sure you're getting enough Protein in every day or you will start experiencing hair loss and your nails will get weak. I only count calories when I'm not in the green zone, but when I am in the green zone I only count Protein.< /p>

Just make sure you're getting enough Protein in every day or you will start experiencing hair loss and your nails will get weak. I only count calories when I'm not in the green zone' date=' but when I am in the green zone I only count protein.[/quote']

Yea I know I need Protein ...trying to get meat in there lol...and veg... Just struggling to eat more than a few spoons of food at a time so gonna try nibbling here and there ...got some strawberries and Greek yogurt today to try and tempt me lol ..oh and in the process of making a full home made mousaka nom nom nom ...who wants dinner :-)