Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

If there is one negative to surgery in 2 weeks....

If there is one negative about that fact that my surgery is in two weeks, it's that I just found the CUTEST outfit for an event at the end of October and I can't buy it! I have NO IDEA what size I'll be in. On that same subject, I suppose I can look forward to a new wardrobe when I reach my goals!!!

Congratulations on your upcoming surgery! And good for you for resisting the temptation to try to calculate where I'll be by thus and such date -- it's such a trap. It takes the time it takes but it's going to be so worth it! And you will be gorgeous at your October event no matter what......have fun!

Heh, get used to it! It will be like that until you reach your goal weight. I've actually bought clothes for special events and completely missed the size entirely because by the time it came to wear it, the outfit was already too big.

If it's something special that I really want to look good for, I wait until a week or two before the event to buy clothes. It's the only way I can be sure it'll still fit.

..but...it's a great problem to have :)

You're almost there. You'll do wonderfully, I have no doubt!

Thanks, ladies! My husband is going through the clothing problems now. He got a pair of shorts about a month ago that were tight on him (just fit but slightly snug) and now he's pulling them off and on with out buttoning.

Agreed, it's a good problem to have. Hopefully, I'll have some weight off and find the outfit closer to the date! :)

Good Will is going to be getting a lot of clothes from this house. :)

I completely understand! I just had a boob and arm lift this week and virtually every store is having a labor day sale weekend! I want to stock up on cute sleeveless shirts and dresses, but I'm not sure if after the swelling goes down I'll be able to fit into a medium...so I'll just patiently wait it out!

I hope you heal, quickly, Janiece! :)

I am waiting for my first appointment with the WL surgeon. I know that the surgery will be this year since I have a lot of documentation over the last 6 months re: weight loss attempts. We went to the mall today to see a movie and my 13 y/o daughter had to look at clothes. I almost cried thinking that I might be able to wear some of them in a year or more.

If there is one negative about that fact that my surgery is in two weeks, it's that I just found the CUTEST outfit for an event at the end of October and I can't buy it! I have NO IDEA what size I'll be in. On that same subject, I suppose I can look forward to a new wardrobe when I reach my goals!!!

i am tying hard not to buy clothes as like you, no idea if it will fit...i have bought some and it not too long that it turns out to be too big (thats a good thing)........enjoy the ride as it will take you all the way to your goal.

I buy my uniforms 1 size down and try that size on each week to see if it fits. Thats my motivation. But uniforms are different cuz they dont have as many sizes. I was so excited when I bought my last bunch and was able to fit in them nicely and then I found 3 more brand new sets in that size from yester-year in the storage room. :D