Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help help help

I can't seem to get my brain and stomach working together . I'm not hungry but u still eat why ? I don't know really I don't . I know I shouldn't and I don't eat the bad stuff but I still eat. I was told DO NOT EAT if I am not hungry . I know this but it's like automatic. Then I'm miserable and guilty . Can someone tell me what to do

You have to grab that bull by the horns..... Whatever that means!! LoL

Have you had your fills yet???

I'm really examining the reasons I eat as I wait to get my surgery date so that I'll be able to make the right choices. It helps me to be able to label the behavior. Boredom, for example -- I want to eat because I'm not caught up in what I'm doing, it's dull and I want food. Or anxiety (my biggest one). I feel anxious about something and use food to settle myself down. I feel stressed and am looking for an anchor in the form of food. Reward -- thinking I deserve something. Etc. Sorting this out is helpful to me as I do not want to do any of this anymore. I want the band to give me time to think things through not driven by appetite so I can choose something like walking instead, or getting out my art supplies, writing in my journal. Something that is not food. Good luck -- you can do this!

I feel the above post is something we should all do. Also I find the therepy is something worth checking your insurance for. There is always issue we need to deal with to support yourself, possibly medication is needed to level out the brain chemistry. I was told by my doctor to get evaluated for ADD for the keeping my thoughts focused better and who know's what other things I will find out about myself.

Bandista, what a PERFECT post! Thanks!!

Line-dancer, I agree therapy could be very beneficial, but I'm hesitant to the introduction of drugs.

never understood that about medication? we put a band in our body to helps us with our weight but we wont go to a doctor and see if our brain chemistry needs any help. Its sure better the fast food, street drugs, boo's, or chips for me..I even went for heart surgery cause my body needed the help... each his or her own medical help is still help for the whole body

I'm sure there are many people who greatly benefit from them... What I was trying to say was that doctors sometimes abuse these things. That's all.