Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey,

Is anyone having problems with doing number 2's? I have movement once a week and it is harder and bigger than Uluru!!! I am in pain and eat prunes and fibre but nothing works...... Help!!!!:omg:

Alicia, I have had problems with bowel movements since I started my pre-op diet. I am now 5 wseeks post-op and still having problems. I have absolutely no sensation to go. I take benefiber every day, but once a week, I have no choice to take exlax and it takes 4 of them to have a bowel movement. I have spoken to the doctor and the nutritionist about it and they told me that once my body gets used to having such small portions, I will become normal again. i can't wait. They also told me to keep taking the benefiber, keep drinking and hopefully it will become mroe regular. I hope that helps.

From someone that has been on low carb for way to long... try Super Colon Cleanse by Health Plus. Two pills a day keeps everything moving great! (Lord help you if you take it like it says to... I only did that once.)

And for post band... they make powder....

I'm with Jack on this issue: one bowl of the 'holy Shredded Wheat' Cereal per day and the mail moves like clockwork! lol I know PhotoNut recommends Fiber One cereal but the picture on the box doesn't look that tasty to me.

I tried the benefiber and didn't get much relief.

Good luck.

I had some problems with Constipation about a month or 2 out from surgery. Once I got over that hurdle, I seem to "go" pretty regularly. I do my best to get at least 64 oz of Water in and if I feel the need, I chew a SF Fiberchoice tablet, every day for a few days. They taste kind of like sweet tarts.

I agree with Sugar1's doc. I think that once the body gets used to a little less bulk in the system, it figures out what to do and goes with it.

I don't go out of my way to eat foods with a lot of fiber. If I have broccoli, I have broccoli. If I have high fiber cereal or bread, I do. But I don't think about it and it all seems to work out.

I think I have posted it before, but I had lots of problems with this even before the surgery but especially afterward. Then I found the colon cleanse from Arbonne and have been going fine every since.

I did not go for exactly 2 weeks after I had my surgery. I thought I was going to die because the final three days I was having major cramps. I talked to my doctor and he said take one tablespoon of mineral oil 3 times a day and that would get me going. I gotta tell you, I tried, but I couldn't get it down. I checked the boards here and went with good ol' Milk of Magnesia. I took one dose before going to bed on Wednesday night and on Thursday morning things were moving and have been going great ever since. I was so excited, I called my husband at work, my parents and my best friend just to tell them I went!!

You'd think one dose of Milk of Magnesia would do it. I was banded 5 days ago and no BM. Yesterday, I thought it was time to get things moving. Took 2 TBS of M of M and ... nothing. I am passing a lot of gas, but I don't feel constipated or uncomfortable. I'll try again tonight.

Alicia, do you take a Water pill? Diuretics pull necessary moisture from the large intestine. You may want to see a doc about your meds if this is the case. Otherwise, I agree with everyone here, drink up love.. Oh and try the shredded wheat. It's delicious.

Stitchy, congrats on the banding! I didn't have anything significant until I went to full fluids. How much bulk is there really in Jello and tea? Take care and hope your recovery is smooth and easy.