Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

debting about a fill or not

Hi guys I have a question my last fill was the first week of July which put me at 6.25cc I debting if I should get an additional fill due to Portion Control my weight has been on a Plateau since July at this point I can eat anything as long as I chew well.and my hungry is well controlled but I fear that my portion as larger than they are suppose to be especially when eating out which I do alot please help looking for positive feedback

If your hunger is well controlled, then you likely don't need a fill. The band is doing it's job.

The band isn't meant to physically stop you from eating anything. You should be able to eat as long as you chew well. The band will tell you when you've had enough because you'll no longer be hungry but not eating too big a portion is your job, not the band's job.

Best wishes.

If your hunger is well controlled, then you likely don't need a fill. The band is doing it's job.

The band isn't meant to physically stop you from eating anything. You should be able to eat as long as you chew well. The band will tell you when you've had enough because you'll no longer be hungry but not eating too big a portion is your job, not the band's job.

Best wishes.

GREAT response..

Hi guys I have a question my last fill was the first week of July which put me at 6.25cc I debting if I should get an additional fill due to Portion Control my weight has been on a Plateau since July at this point I can eat anything as long as I chew well.and my hungry is well controlled but I fear that my portion as larger than they are suppose to be especially when eating out which I do alot please help looking for positive feedback

It sounds like you are already in the green zone, you mentioned you can eat anything as long as you chew well and your hunger is controlled.

The lap band is NOT designed to do anything else, your tool IS working.

What you have to ask yourself now are YOU following the band rules if you are stalling?

1. Are you exercising or moving your body to produce a sweat at least 30 minutes per day, brisk walking is great too.

2. Are you REALLY logging everything that goes into your mouth, remember it's still calorie in calorie out, the band does not change this. Those who lose quicker and don't stall much stay within 700-1000 calories in the losing phase.

3. Are you drinking Water or no sugar beverages? Ideally you should drink 8 glasses of Water each day.

Remember the band does not work until about 1 hour after you eat, if you eat dense Proteins, the bands job is to keep you satiated for about 4 hours between meals. Also you should not eat no more than a pixie cup or about 4 oz per meal.

The band is not about restriction, it is about hunger control, and apparently it's doing that, over the 8 years that I've had my band, everyone that uses the band to stop them from eating most foods end up with a revision or no band at all so be careful and use your band wisely you want to keep your tool forever, not short term.

Good luck

Eating out a lot for me always causes weight gain or no loss even though I am careful with my selections. Restaurants add a lot of salt, butter, oils and who knows what else to make the food taste really good and there is a tendency to eat just a little more of it then I would if eating at home. You might try checking out menus online to you know in advance what you are going to order along with the calories and nutritional value. At least you will know how much you are really consuming. If you are having problems with Portion Control you can try eating no more than the size of your fist and see if you are satisfied for 3 to 4 hours. If you find you are hungry still or snacking in between you might need a little tweak of a fill. Good luck!