Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Over eating

If you feel full, you've likely over eaten.

If you eat more than a cup of food, you've likely over eaten.

Vomiting isn't a "normal" sign of over eating. Vomiting is very dangerous with the band and should be avoided at all costs. If you are vomiting from over eating, talk to your doctor for help.

If you feel full' date=' you've likely over eaten.

If you eat more than a cup of food, you've likely over eaten.

Vomiting isn't a "normal" sign of over eating. Vomiting is very dangerous with the band and should be avoided at all costs. If you are vomiting from over eating, talk to your doctor for help.[/quote']

Missy,

How do you suppress the head hunger?

Missy,

How do you suppress the head hunger?

It's not easy. Having adequate Fluid in the band helps, though. When you're not always hungry you're not preoccupied with food. If I'm struggling with a lot of head hunger I try to distract myself. I often take long walks or a long hot bath.

How do you suppress the head hunger ????

What are your symptoms when you over eat and don't need to vomit

When I overeat I get left shoulder pain about 10 minutes AFTER I stop eating. Unfortunately it doesn't happen immediately so it's not a "soft stop" that makes me stop eating. That's why you have to be really in tune with your level of satisfied (or measure a half cup religiously). It takes a few times to figure it out. Since my 2nd fill I've had this "lump in my throat" feeling in the middle of my chest a couple of times. It lasts for over a day. I'm wondering if this also happened because I overate or maybe ate too big of bites and caused some swelling. When this happens I baby my band with liquids or mushies for the next couple of meals. I'm trying to learn my signals so I can prevent those things from happening.

When I overeat I get left shoulder pain about 10 minutes AFTER I stop eating. Unfortunately it doesn't happen immediately so it's not a "soft stop" that makes me stop eating. That's why you have to be really in tune with your level of satisfied (or measure a half cup religiously). It takes a few times to figure it out. Since my 2nd fill I've had this "lump in my throat" feeling in the middle of my chest a couple of times. It lasts for over a day. I'm wondering if this also happened because I overate or maybe ate too big of bites and caused some swelling. When this happens I baby my band with liquids or mushies for the next couple of meals. I'm trying to learn my signals so I can prevent those things from happening.

It is so funny that you mentioned this. I have noticed a discomfort in my left shoulder as well. Wonder why that is?

It is so funny that you mentioned this. I have noticed a discomfort in my left shoulder as well. Wonder why that is?

I've read that when you over eat it puts pressure on the band also putting pressure on the vagus nerve. The pain is then referred to the left shoulder. Our bodies are such a mystery!