Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What Foods did you have to give up?

no problem, I was new here once too and everyone was so nice to me and totally helped me when I had qustions. Now I am an experienced bandster and am always willing to help when I can. ~Mandy

KAMD......you need more nutrition than you are getting.....are you not using any Protein shakes? Forget about salad for right now....you'll damage yourself trying to eat anything that might cause you to PB and vomit. It's not worth it! You've got a big investment inside your body that you've got to pet for several weeks until it heals and the swelling goes down. Don't worry about calories right now.....just work on the liquids and very soft foods that have nutrition in them. The Protein Shakes will keep your strength up and keep the hunger pangs under control.

If your doctor didn't give you guidance on eating, you might benefit from

www.bariatriceating.com. (Way to Eat forum). Good advice there!!

This is the first time I have responded to this forum. I had kind of a rough day yesterday. I was banded on July 6, 2006. I have stuck to liquids such as slim fast, ensure, Atkins shakes. I really do not like crystal light, so I have stuck with Water. Is there something else that I might have that would get me over the hump until I can eat solids. I'm so afraid to add anything else because of not loosing weight. My most enjoyable treat is sugar free popsickles. I allow one or two a day. Any suggestions would be most helpful.

How do you get the ticker bar at the bottom to follow your weight loss and also what size band, etc. I'm very new at this. I could probably figure it out pretty soon, but since I am at work, I don't have a lot of time. Thanks.

Evelyn: Go to tickerfactory.com and follow the instructions. In LBT go to User CP, edit signature, insert picture, paste the URL from tickerfactory.

My nutritionist moved me to mushies at 3 days and solids at about 12 days. I had no problems because I had no restriction. She said it depends on the individual person; extreme hunger is a sign that you are ready to advance, otherwie your body would depress hunger to facilitate healing. This of course has nothing to do with head hunger which is evil and the bane of my existance.

I can't eat bread unless its toasted, sausage, hotdogs, dry meat, eggs, french fries (unless very crispy), steak (I tried and almost died); I must admit that I am mourning sesame chicken and eggrolls.

I CAN eat anything crunchy: croutons, chips, nuts, crackers, popcorn, etc. On days when nothing else will stay down, chips and salsa will. I didn't say I should eat them, just that I could. I have no problems with salad, oatmeal, mashed potatos, cheese, SUSHI, chocolate (even brownies), and pretty much anything with gravy on it.