Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So the lapband basically cut my food intake by 75% percent of what I been eating. It's been seven months and I've only lost 25 pounds since I was banded (I lost 20 pounds before that).

There have been three incidences where I slipped up and ate high calorie foods, but I'm STILL eating 75% less than I was, eating nearly no bread, no Pasta, no burgers, and very little fast food (since I can't eat nearly everything.) I also don't drink sodas and I've had to check myself as I moved to a hotter climate and the land of sweet tea. I stay under 1500 calories a day and 1000 if I am careful and count things.

I started going to the gym to strength train and doing yoga twice a week. It is apparent things are changing, I am more flexible, and my body isn't getting in the way anymore, but the scale still reads I am stuck at 285. I have 105 pounds to go at my height and i'm really sad that even eating less is not enough to loose more weight.

Is my PCOS doing this? Do I need help?

Do you always track your calories? If not, that is the first place I'd start. Smaller portions doesn't necessarily mean less calories and tracking them is the easiest way to make sure you're not accidentally eating too much.

If you do already track calories regularly, I'd see your doctor to make sure there isn't a medical reason you're not losing weight.

Best wishes

Sometimes you lose more inches than pounds when exercising. Do you take your measurements at all? Are your clothes getting bigger?

As for fast food, that is really a no-no. Maybe work on that goal.

Good luck.

Hi there, first of al, CONGRATULATIONS! I love to hear about the increased flexibility and I know what you mean about the body not getting in the way anymore. I am so looking forward to that. Yoga is on my list for what I hope to do when I get some weight off. I'm pre-band and can't offer any advice except to say that it sounds like you are at about a pound a week and that is impressive over the long-term. Some of us are just slower to lose but I do think that it is best to lose slowly (just not as fun!). This way your body and brain and emotions all move forward toward the same goal -- weight loss and muscle gain, maybe better for any loose skin issues, hair, etc. pat yourself on the back for the great changes you've made to your diet and the exercise you've introduced. Let your body know you mean business, this isn't a fad, you're in it for the long haul and it's okay to let go of the fat stores. It will let go -- wait til you see where you are at Holiday time. I predict you're going to need to buy some new clothes!

3+ lbs a month sound about right if you're consuming 1500 calories a day? Most women only need about 1600-1900 calories a day to maintain their current weight. If you're burning 300 calories a day more than you consume, that's 9000 calories burned a month. You have to burn off 3500 calories to lose one lb of fat. So, sounds like you're right on?

I think I need to involve more cardio then (to burn calories) and improve my muscle mass (to burn calories). I have a mildly enlarged heart so I am trying to track my heart rate, but after 10 minutes or so on a cardio machine (like a bike) my heart rate gets too high.

I'll redouble my efforts on the food. I am waiting to get a new job so I can go back to more nuts and more organic foods. Plus, I am waiting to get in with a reproductive endrocrinologist to see if we can do something more about my PCOS.