Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi. I am going to be a newbie to lapband surgery. I have only just started this road to my recovery from obesity. I am just going to see the nurse and doctor next week and I must admit I am a bit nervous about this whole thing. I know this is my last chance to regain my health. I hope all will be well with me as I have a lot of health issues that may put me at risk for this. I don't know yet. I only know I could use some propping up with a bit of encouragement. I will let you all know how I fared after my appointments next week. Thanks.

Hi Marlene it's nice to meet you. Don't be shy, if you have some questions this is the place to find some answers. There are some really great people on the site that have a lot of helpful information as well as have endured some major health and other life issues. They are a great source of inspiration and encouragement.

Know that you are not alone.

Wishing you all the best as you begin your journey.

:lol: Hi, You have made the first move in the right direction. I hope you contact a good bariatric clinic. By GOOD, I mean positive and helpful after the fact. Question them about follow-up as I am seeing many on our forums that are asking questions that their Clinics should have taken care of long ago. There is a lot more involved than just placing the Lap Band! After having my band placed I am no longer diabetic and my blood pressure greatly improved. I walk, walk and walk! It is not the lbs. lost so much as my daily vitality and good health. I love my Lap Band! :wub:

Hello and congrats on your decision to get the band. We were all nervous when we started and I am confident we can help put your anxiety at ease. Right now you are about to enter the very early phase of getting tests done, getting education and preparing for the surgery. Nothing to worry about on this part so put your mind at ease for now. We'll talk surgery anxiety as you near that phase and we'll be standing here on the other side to congratulate you when it's all done.

Hi there, I am also pre-band -- this has been a great place to get information and support as I've been going through the process of learning everything possible. Good luck to you!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches