Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 20th....who is there?

Dr. B said a month for me. Not sure what your Doc will say? Thanks Kim! I appreciate it. I will know more in a couple of days what I can afford. I might.. Say Might be able to leave them with their Dad so I only have to pay for me. We shall see. Thanks again girls. I love you all and appreciate all your support. June sounds like a great time to do it. I will be very busy in July. We do have Father's day in June so need to watch for that? I can't do the 17th of June, it's our anniversary and I want to at least try here. I want to make changes and try to bring him back to me. I did buy a new dress and shoes for the occassion and the heels are tall! It's hard for me to walk in them. lol

Angie

Ok so I am excited it's almost hump day and only a few more days before I see my banded friends and soon too be banded friends. :)

Start thinking and bring dates for June/July for a pool party!!!

Oh Steffney from work may join us this Saturday - she is a RNY patient but she is so sweet. I told her we didn't care. I told her Jennifer might be there. Steffney is 3 years out...Not sure if she will be there or not I just opened up the invite to her.

Ok ladies it's been a while since we have seen some of you...Kathy, Melissa and I were the only ones to get together in April. It's was pretty lonely but that is ok...we will see you this month!!!!

My girls soccer game is at 10 on Saturday. I forgot all about it. Are we meeting at 11:30 again? Let me know and hopefully I can make it.

Angie

I should be able too. It's an hour game and it will take about half an hour to get there so I dont see a problem. I can't open up that file you sent me with the numbers. Can you PM me your cell number so I can put it in my phone and let you know if I am going to be late?

Thanks,

Angie

WOOOHOOO! Since hubby had to go out of town this weekend to a microsoft conference (from Sat to Wends -last night) he said he will take kid to Dora show! WOOHOO! I can be there!

Just dont judge my hair. I hate hate hate hate the way its cut.

I feel like i have a mullet.

Its what i get for going to a new hair cut person and just telling them to cut it nice and thin out my face.

But did it have to be in a mullet style???

Grow darn you hairs GROW!

Wow thats major, I'm not sure there is anything on this earth I could do or promise to convince Paul to take Karah to Dora. I bow to your superior power! LOL

I can't wait for you ladies to meet Jill she is so fun. Btw Jill, you should go to Kevin...he is cutting the entires families hair now. I like him so much I let him fuss at me for not coming in more often. My roots wanted to make him scream. It took a banana frap from starbucks to amend. How come we only allow our hair dressers to abuse us like that? He made me make an appointment for me and Kristen before leaving. LOL

Melissa, who is Kevin? ... and where can I find him? I need a new stylist.

I am so EXCITED Jill is coming so it's:

Jill, Melissa, Karen, Angie, Kathy, Loretta, Kim? Did I forget anyone?

Do we have any kids coming??? Not mine...my mom has agreed to take him..wow Hubby out of town - kid w/ grandma what am I going to do w/ myself.

Jennifer can't make it, Dianne is living it up in Cancun...Court is lost. haha

No kids for me!!! yeah!

Kevin works out of a salon called "shapes" on park road. He is great. I have perfect strangers compliment my hair all the time since he has been doing his magic. I can give anyone that is interested his number on Saturday. He will cut it like you want....but if you go in and tell him, do what ya want (like I do) you get great results...don't worry he will tell you what he is planning to do, and he will refuse to do something he thinks is awful (like kristen wanting black streaks in her hair or dying her hair purple)

What about Denika and Sherrie? We have Ashville and Raleigh folks around and about these days...yoohoooooo!! Wavy I can't wait to see your mullet.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BabySpoons

Sometimes reading the posts here make me wonder if some people just weren't mentally ready for WLS and needed more time with the bariatric team psychiatrist. Complaining about the limited drink/food choices early on... blah..blah...blah. The living to eat mentality really needs to go and be replaced with eating to live. JS
      · 2 replies
      1. Bypass2Freedom

We have to remember that everyone moves at their own pace. For some it may be harder to adjust, people may have other factors at play that feed into the unhealthy relationship with food e.g. eating disorders, trauma. I'd hope those who you are referring to address this outside of this forum, with a professional.

This is a place to feel safe to vent, seek advice, hopefully without judgement.

Compassion goes a long way :)

2. BabySpoons

Seems it would be more compassionate not to perform a WLS on someone until they are mentally ready for it. Unless of course they are on death's door...

• Theweightisover2024🙌💪

Question for anyone, how did you get your mind right before surgery? Like as far as eating better foods and just doing better in general? I'm having a really hard time with this. Any help is appreciated 🙏❤️
      · 2 replies
      1. NickelChip

I had about 6 months between deciding to do surgery and getting scheduled. I came across the book The Pound of Cure by Dr. Matthew Weiner, a bariatric surgeon in Arizona, and started to implement some of the changes he recommended (and lost 13 lbs in the process without ever feeling deprived). The book is very simple, and the focus is on whole, plant based foods, but within reason. It's not an all or nothing approach, or going vegan or something, but focuses on improvement and aiming for getting it right 80-90% of the time. His suggestions are divided into 12 sections that you can tackle over time, perhaps one per month for a year if a person is just trying to improve nutrition and build good habits. They range from things like cutting out artificial sweetener or eating more beans to eating a pound of vegetables per day. I found it really effective pre-surgery and it's an eating style I will be working to get back to as I am further out from surgery and have more capacity. Small changes you can sustain will do the most for building good habits for life.

2. Theweightisover2024🙌💪

That sounds awesome. I'll have to check that out thanks!

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches