Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lying About LapBand

Congrats runt!!! and Goodluck tomorrow!!! and negative smegative... they dont need to be in your new life!

I wonder what everyones views is on this. I personally tell everyone I am going for LapBand' date=' I'm a naturally lazy person so if I start losing weight drastically with no gym membership, I don't assume people are stupid.

I know a few people who have either done band or sleeve and they don't tell ANYONE about the surgery they just make people think they lost weight naturally on their own.

What does everyone think about people who lie about going for surgery? Does everyone you know, know about your surgery? What about the surgery embarasses people that they feel the need to hide it?[/quote']

I tell people the truth; don't care their opinion !

I wonder what everyones views is on this. I personally tell everyone I am going for LapBand' date=' I'm a naturally lazy person so if I start losing weight drastically with no gym membership, I don't assume people are stupid.

I know a few people who have either done band or sleeve and they don't tell ANYONE about the surgery they just make people think they lost weight naturally on their own.

What does everyone think about people who lie about going for surgery? Does everyone you know, know about your surgery? What about the surgery embarasses people that they feel the need to hide it?[/quote']

I personally won't tell anyone out of my family. I told two friends pre op but no one else. I also had a terrible surgeon and had no after care for 3-4 years due to a combination of not keeping up with my goals and moving out of state. Now I am mortified to tell anyone because I am still big. However, I restarted a few months ago with several fills and have lost 23 pounds. I am still too embarrassed to tell anyone new though.

I think it is a very personal decision. I told only my mom, my hubby, my siblings and my best friend. I regret telling my siblings. In the beginning two of them were supportive...but now not a word. The one was never supportive; I think b/c she is over weight too and there may be jealousy issues. She had just lost a good deal of weight and her response to my surgery was that I was going to have loose skin.

Yes, I have a tool, but the majority of the work is mine. Christina Rose, I wish you much success this go around!

I have no problem with people knowing as I feel that it's a success and if I can help someone along the way I will.

I have told no one about my surgery, other than the closest people in my life....at first it was awkward because everyone gave compliments and wanted to know how I was doing it....I simply said I don't eat nearly as much as I used to, gave up certain foods and food types entirely, focus on Protein and drink plenty of Water, and go to the gym everyday....all of which is true!!!!

Only thing I held back is I used to be incapable of such a lifestyle and it is the band that now forces me to adhere to it now, without a struggle...making it easy and effortless....

That was over 2-1/2 years ago, coming up on 3......now, people who knew me before my surgery take it for granted I have always been skinny and fit...all of this is old news and I am accepted for what I am now....new people I have met over the last few years never knew I was ever fat in the first place......

So I do not have to explain myself to anyone, anymore....I guess that is the ultimate NSV....a successful journey....

I have told no one about my surgery' date=' other than the closest people in my life....at first it was awkward because everyone gave compliments and wanted to know how I was doing it....I simply said I don't eat nearly as much as I used to, gave up certain foods and food types entirely, focus on Protein and drink plenty of Water, and go to the gym everyday....all of which is true!!!! Only thing I held back is I used to be incapable of such a lifestyle and it is the band that now forces me to adhere to it now, without a struggle...making it easy and effortless.... That was over 2-1/2 years ago, coming up on 3......now, people who knew me before my surgery take it for granted I have always been skinny and fit...all of this is old news and I am accepted for what I am now....new people I have met over the last few years never knew I was ever fat in the first place...... So I do not have to explain myself to anyone, anymore....I guess that is the ultimate NSV....a successful journey....[/quote']

Not being able to eat my way through my emotions has saved my life. I understand what you say and agree with you. I'm three quarters of the way through my journey and enjoying my new life it's very different but so rewarding.