Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I need help! maybe a mentor is in my near future

Hello, im 4 yrs in as a "bander"... my surgery date weight was 254, and I am down to 213... stuck! The entire summer I have worked out almost everyday, walking anywhere from two to five mile. I just completed Water Zomba class, added a few weights, & a Zumba class. With all this being said, I have lost absolutely no weight in almost 2 years ! Very discouraged very discouraged! I believe I'm having some problems, can't seem to get anything down, everything is getting stuck. This is the second time in a year this is happened, I've had some Fluid taken out each time. It works for a little while, then I'm right back at square one. I seem to think my plateau is because I'm not taking enough calories. And I'm so tired of Protein Drinks. Is there anyone out there that can help me, or at least give me some suggestions.

Do you weigh and measure or record what you eat? How many calories are you taking in per day? How much Protein are you taking in every day?

Are you drinking enough Water?

I use Protein Shakes very little these days-I try to get my protein from real food sources-things like Greek Yogurt, egg whites, Beans, string cheese and lean deli meat.< /p>

I just hit my three year mark and am back to losing since last August. I stayed the same weight for a year so I completely understand what you are dealing with.

If I can help at all, without passing any judgement, feel free to PM me.

Hello' date=' im 4 yrs in as a "bander"... my surgery date weight was 254, and I am down to 213... stuck! The entire summer I have worked out almost everyday, walking anywhere from two to five mile. I just completed Water Zomba class, added a few weights, & a Zumba class. With all this being said, I have lost absolutely no weight in almost 2 years ! Very discouraged very discouraged! I believe I'm having some problems, can't seem to get anything down, everything is getting stuck. This is the second time in a year this is happened, I've had some Fluid taken out each time. It works for a little while, then I'm right back at square one. I seem to think my plateau is because I'm not taking enough calories. And I'm so tired of Protein drinks. Is there anyone out there that can help me, or at least give me some suggestions.[/quote']

When was the last time you saw your doctor? You need to be able to eat food. You may have to get more out so you can eat. Good luck.

Do you weigh and measure or record what you eat? How many calories are you taking in per day? How much Protein are you taking in every day?

Are you drinking enough Water?

I use Protein shakes very little these days-I try to get my protein from real food sources-things like Greek Yogurt' date=' egg whites, Beans, string cheese and lean deli meat.

I just hit my three year mark and am back to losing since last August. I stayed the same weight for a year so I completely understand what you are dealing with.

If I can help at all, without passing any judgement, feel free to PM me.[/quote']

While I was losing, I tracked everything! You are doing the right thing by trying to stay away from the Protein drinks and sticking to real food, but I don't do the soft/slider things like yogurt either. To me it is to similar to a Protein Drink and won't stay with you that long.

I am glad you are back to losing. Are you tracking? Good luck with continued success.

I am tracking everything I do it thru myfitnesspal. I am supposed to hv 1400 calories a day, hwever, I usually can't get that much in.

That's a great tool. I can't imagine ever getting that many calories in unless I drank them. I would say don't eat to just get the calorie count in.