Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Whose getting a bike???

:faint:

I have decided I'm not getting a bike. I figure with the herniated disc and the summer heat I might as well go to the Gym and exercise in the ac.

I'd like to walk at the track but i do have some safety concerns with out door walking, like getting run over because there's no sidewalks.

IS anyone else getting a bike? I really would love to have one.

Maybe at another date.

I don't Celebrate mother's day so I'm not looking for any gifts for that.

Should you even ride a bike with a herniated disc? The hard seat and the funky bending over angle?

I bought a bike a month before I was banded, a Old time cruiser no gears just a plain jane lovely cherry red and chrome bike. I love it! I rode my bike 5 days after banding 1 mile in the am and 1 in the pm taking the kids to school.

I also had a recumbant bike that folded up into a cross trainer, I didnt use it that much and got rid of it. (no room)

In the summer I make it part of my workout I walk, ride, Skate, and swim.

The hubby and I have been thinking rejoining golds gym, but it's a 20 mile drive and gas is high high high!

You can join a gym, ride your bike, swimming, running, walking.... it all works if you do it! I started with something free first.... walking. After I made a commitment to walk everyday and followed through, I spent the money and joined a gym.

Now 4 months banded I go to the gym 4 times a week and in between I do laps in the pool or ride my bike ouside for about 3 or 4 miles.....

I love excersise now......

I have a bike...I got it marked down at target ...I think about 35 dollars. I haven't rode it much though. Maybe this summer I could take the kids to the park to ride? Karah's still not very fast, and you'd get run over ridding in OUR neighborhood.

I have a bike and everyday I say I'm gonna ride it again. The past week and a half I have been terrible with exercise of any type.

Good luck. I like the look of that Walmart bike.

Got mine about three years ago. It has an 80 cubic inch motor, leather saddlebags and two wheels. It says HARLEY-DAVIDSON on the tank and gives out "good vibrations". See it and 49,999 like it at the Republic of Texas Motorcycle Rally in Austin, TX...the first weekend in June. hehehe