Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How did you feel going to a resturant?

YUM! Calamari!! An entree-sized serve of Salt & Pepper Squid with Chilli Mango dipping sauce is my staple meal of choice at any restaurant! :bolt:

I have just got back home after eating out. We went to the Wembley foodhall (not sure if yo know it) but they have a great Malaysian Hawker shop and I gotthe yummiest Curry Laksa. I could only eat just under half of it, and my husband finished it, but I felt so content.....YAY

If you haven't tried it and like Asian food, give it a go:thumbup:

I went out for dinner last night, and i ordered the prawns that were grilled i could manage 4 and ate a couple of bits of Tomato out of my salad, i then ordered as a side some mash potato with roast garlic, just incase the prawns were a little dry, had a few mouth fulls of that also. All in all another pleasant restaurant experience with my family. my motto is when eating out now. when in doubt, order the fish or prawns. Also here in sydney we can take doggie bag. if needed, although for me it gives me a sense of pride to leave the food on the plate, feel totally satisfied and be able to walk away knowing that the food did not rule my life for that meal. It was me who was in charge and controll of what went into my mouth, I love you Band.

hey guys, here's my experience:

I have been banded for almost 6 months and have been to restaurants in this time probably a dozen times. I always try and get a table near the toilets so that incase i feel sick im close by (this has happened obviously, so being close to the toilets helps. Also, if you cant sit close, get up the moment u feel like u might just get sick - ive had some false alarms but rather that than umm..sick in public!!)

Secondly, most places are happy to make any full size meal an entree size, just ask! or ask for "half portion" - i even do this when i get a take away once in a while. I have never been refused!! And they always adjust the price accordingly.

Thirdly, I order "safe" food. As others have said, Soups, and laksa is yummy and safe. I almost always have grilled fish and veg/mash - always safe, and healthy to boot.

I have also had some glorious curries and stews - the meat is usually very tender and easy to chew.

Salads - especially caesar salad - always goes down well for me, as does saucy pastas and the like.

Believe it or not - my partner and I went to the local buffet last night. It was my second time there since being banded and i had nooo problems at all. I actually find the buffet the easiest place to eat , because i can choose what i want and how much!! I started off with a small bowl of Soup - i couldnt finish it, but i was satisfied. I then got a plate with some lovely seafood,salad,tender meats etc and ate slowly. I couldnt finish it - but i got to taste everything and it was yum and i was satisfied. I knew my limit and then i proceeded to have a bit of dessert too.

I wouldnt eat that much usually, but in a way i guess i didnt eat that much. In my brain i did though, and i was totally satisfied and got my $20's worth. The band is a tool but learning that you dont have to eat everything or feel bad for "wasting" is priceless. You can be satisfied!!

Thats great advice Miss P. Since having some Fluid taken out of my band, I feel like I can eat more, but I also feel more satisfied and less inclined to crave sweet, bad foods.

I have been to a buffet once and it was a bit daunting, but I just sampled everything and left feeling very content.

I think everyone will find the foods that agree with them and the foods that won't. I was never a salad lover before, but now I love eatingthem and they really satisfy me. Its all a matter of finding what is good for you and what you like.

I eat at restaurants at least 2-3 times a week. We usually take a look at the menu before being seated, just to be sure that there is something that is good for me to eat. I have learned the things that are ok to eat, and not (you will learn this too). For example, I can eat Pasta, but not rice. I have never had a problem getting a doggy bag, even in the $100 plus restaurants. I have good restriction at the moment but can still find things that work (thai Soups are a current fav.).

I always do the scan for the toilets as we sit down at a restaurant. We eat out a bit, but try for tapas (small portions and you just stop ordering when you're full) or at normal restaurants fish or Pasta.< /p>