Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My little one was randomly recording on her mini tonight and she caught me on video (and some pics). I was mortified when I asked to see what she had recorded.... I never really knew how effin' B. I. G. I really am!! The reason for my ignorance is because I'm never IN the pictures/videos, I'm always filming them!!! The mirror lies, folks!! And I can only imagine what I looked like BEFORE the pre-op and the 25 lbs I've lost. In the last three weeks and a half.

Ha, yes, I know the feeling! But now I look back at pictures of my son's first 3 years and you'd think he didn't have a mum, just a dad. I regret that, that I am absent from all those memories, but like you, I was mortified of having my picture taken.

But you're down 25lbs now, and it's only going to keep going down if you work at it. So take pics, and document where you've been, because all going well, they're the last time you're going to look like that ever again.

AMEN TO THAT, sista! I will never look like that again! I have some pics in which you only see my face or upper torso with my daughter.... But I have so few pics with hubby that it makes me sad. But I'll be sad no'mo because I'm on my way and determined. I was out with hubby & daughter today, they got hungry and wanted pizza but hen said NO, because of me... I said, heck , NO! Lets go to the pizzeria. They sat and ate their chicken & ziti slices and it didn't phase me one bit!! (Even though I WAS hungry!)

But wait when you catch a glimpse of your new self in the overhead at Target, or the like, and don't recognize its you! It happened to me, and same day my daughter couldn't find me in the aisle at the store becasue she did not recognize me either. Best wishes, it will happen and soon!

Keep those pics. It was completely rewarding and motivating when I compared my pics. May not seem huge 10, 20, 30 lbs away but when you are 50, 75 and 100 lbs smaller it's just amazing.

I think most of us suffer from delusion when we are obese. That's one of the reasons we become obese. The weight creeps on pound by pound and so there is no dramatic difference day to day. And sure we notice that our clothes size creeps up as well. But the reality is we feel the same. Your screwed if you actually have curves or larger breasts etc because you just focus on the fact that you still have shape etc. Than one day you lose 50+ lbs and you compare pics and say "I was never THAT big was I?" Yes you were... talk about a reality check

Keep those pics. It was completely rewarding and motivating when I compared my pics. May not seem huge 10' date=' 20, 30 lbs away but when you are 50, 75 and 100 lbs smaller it's just amazing.

I think most of us suffer from delusion when we are obese. That's one of the reasons we become obese. The weight creeps on pound by pound and so there is no dramatic difference day to day. And sure we notice that our clothes size creeps up as well. But the reality is we feel the same. Your screwed if you actually have curves or larger breasts etc because you just focus on the fact that you still have shape etc. Than one day you lose 50+ lbs and you compare pics and say "I was never THAT big was I?" Yes you were... talk about a reality check[/quote']

Denial. I never thought I was in it. Sure I knew that at 4'11 and 245 I was BIG.... But I never stopped to really LOOK at myself. But yes, I've had a reality check alright! Thanks to my 9 YO..! I even thanked her :)

Kll724.... Looking forward to it!