Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

REASON FOR THE POST DIET

Does anyone know why they do the diet the way the do, what will that help or prevent?

LovePeaceJoy!!!<br />Q3Carla721

As Missy said it's so your stomach can heal. Follow it to the letter!

Well I cheated I had a small thing of mashed potatoes idk what ppl say I was hungry and I only ate 3 small bites and I chewed the crap out of it. Being put on mushies tomorrow.

So I'm sorry to be too graphic here but remember, someone filled your body cavity full of gas, they pumped fluids, medications, antibiotics and anesthesia into your body. They punched 5 holes in your abdomen, moved all your inner body parts around, shoved a tube down your throat, took an electric scalpel and burned away excess fat and tissue wrapped around your upper stomach, then wrapped a plastic strap around your stomach just below the lower esophogeal sphincter, stitched it in place with 5-6 sutures bringing your lower stomach up and over the band and then snaked a tube out of your body and then sewed another plastic piece to the muscle tissue on your rib cage.

The stomach and pouch need time to heal(swollen from trauma) and running solid foods through them could cause long term damage resulting in failure to succeed with the band.

tmf

So I'm sorry to be too graphic here but remember, someone filled your body cavity full of gas, they pumped fluids, medications, antibiotics and anesthesia into your body. They punched 5 holes in your abdomen, moved all your inner body parts around, shoved a tube down your throat, took an electric scalpel and burned away excess fat and tissue wrapped around your upper stomach, then wrapped a plastic strap around your stomach just below the lower esophogeal sphincter, stitched it in place with 5-6 sutures bringing your lower stomach up and over the band and then snaked a tube out of your body and then sewed another plastic piece to the muscle tissue on your rib cage.

The stomach and pouch need time to heal(swollen from trauma) and running solid foods through them could cause long term damage resulting in failure to succeed with the band.

tmf

BOOM

So I'm sorry to be too graphic here but remember' date=' someone filled your body cavity full of gas, they pumped fluids, medications, antibiotics and anesthesia into your body. They punched 5 holes in your abdomen, moved all your inner body parts around, shoved a tube down your throat, took an electric scalpel and burned away excess fat and tissue wrapped around your upper stomach, then wrapped a plastic strap around your stomach just below the lower esophogeal sphincter, stitched it in place with 5-6 sutures bringing your lower stomach up and over the band and then snaked a tube out of your body and then sewed another plastic piece to the muscle tissue on your rib cage.

tmf[/quote']

That was 2muchfun to read!

So I'm sorry to be too graphic here but remember' date=' someone filled your body cavity full of gas, they pumped fluids, medications, antibiotics and anesthesia into your body. They punched 5 holes in your abdomen, moved all your inner body parts around, shoved a tube down your throat, took an electric scalpel and burned away excess fat and tissue wrapped around your upper stomach, then wrapped a plastic strap around your stomach just below the lower esophogeal sphincter, stitched it in place with 5-6 sutures bringing your lower stomach up and over the band and then snaked a tube out of your body and then sewed another plastic piece to the muscle tissue on your rib cage.

tmf[/quote']

I was allowed mushy foods the next day after surgery. They have me scrambled eggs in the hospital. So far so good for me 7 days post op. I can't eat alot but I'm tolerating food well.

2muchfun, You helped me understand the why instead the just do, and it makes logical since how you put it as to the why.

Again, thank u

2muchfun, You helped me understand the why instead the just do, and it makes logical since how you put it as to the why.

Again, thank u

yeah TMF has a way with his words.....super nice dude btw :)

tmf[/quote']

wow I am so glad I did not read this during the pre-op stage of my life I never would have had the surgery haha!!