Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So, who should I bug?

Ok, all blood work is done, all the psych work is done.

Dr B has that site where you check to see what all he as from your other Dr's and the stuff that was done two weeks ago is not listed yet.

Should I call Dr B and verify that he got it or should I call my PcP and the shrink to make sure they sent it?

I'd call both, but then I'm not the most patient person in the world either. :D

Definitely call both parties. Communication is the key and you are the link. I had my appt to review my stress test last Wed and they were supposed to fax it to my surgeon. I called on Mon and it wasn't done. Tues AM it was done. I called the surgeon to be watching for it & let them know at the cardiologist how important it was to me. I also thanked & told them how much I GREATLY appreciated how quickly they got this done (although it should have been done already). It's kind of like sales.....your in the drivers seat, but you let someone else thing their driving. Good luck!! I hope you get a surgery date soon!!

Call Dr. B's office and inquire to find out if your other stuff has been faxed yet, let the ladies know that all you preop testing is done and you are just checking to make sure everyone followed through and sent it on like it was suppouse to. Then the ones that didn't get sent...call those doctors and say there must be some mistake at Dr. B's office they haven't received your report yet...could you please refax that, thats all they are waiting ofr. Though the psych report sometimes take the longest (in my experience) to get sent over to the surgeons. I think they like messing with peoples heads too much.

Ok so coming from the one that gets the calls (not @ Dr. B's office though) Please be patient when you call if they don't call you back ASAP...:) Nothing upsets me more then the same person calling 5 times in one day for the same thing UGH!!!!! Ok can tell that happened today and it's driving me nuts.

But call the dr's office first. If they don't have it then call your other dr's office to see what the hold up is. You can always ask it be sent to you and you can get it to them directly. :) Just my two cents.

See, that is was I was afraid of by calling. I know that Dr B has this site and I didnt want to make the office mad by asking if they got the stuff.

Ok Wavy - here's the lazy option Email.

I found they usually answered within 24 hours. I had to call a few times.

Check with the psych and make sure they sent in the paper work.

Check with your PCP and make sure. I double checked on everyone and things got moving when they knew they were accountable.

I'll private message you the email address.

Jill ~ Can you send an e-mail if your not comfortable calling? Do you have a contact person that handles this? Personally, I would still call and only call once then follow-up the next day or the day after to confirm. You don't have to bug them with the calls that Kim has experienced.....that would drive me crazy too. On the other hand, this is a priority for you and not necessarily for them, but you can respectfully call to follow-up. Calling is not a bad thing, but if you don't call and their missing something, you can waste a lot of precious time. ~Good Luck~

Totally agree on the E-mail...that is my preferred method. It's so easy to look something up while I am on hold w/ the insurance company. :Banane13: E-mail away girl!!!!!! Stay on them....I know that is coming from me but you have to. Sometimes dr's really don't fax the things and they say they do.

I hope you have better luck today. You'll have your approval before you know it!

KAREN you crack me up by saying your not the most patient person!!! I think everyone would agree with me, you ARE!

I wanted to comment on here - Karen quit calling Kim 5 times a day, she's gotta call the insurance. Just kidding I couldn't resist. I never call the dr's, unless I need to make and appt. I found dr b's service to be fine, and timely. Now, I do know his practice has picked up alot of business these days now that obesity surgery is more accessible to all.

Jennifer you are too funny - I promise Karen NEVER called me 5 times - well not in one day. haha...It's a guy you know men are more pains then the women. :Banane13:

Dianne I have to agree that Karen is SOOOOO Patient!!!!! Now I am just excited we are band-birthday's the same month - Mine will just be a year older.

Ok Wavy so what have you done??? Any word???

I actually hand carried all the reports to the Doc, or copies of them. This seemed to really speed up the process for me...Good luck

I second that karen is patient and awsome. I really value our friendship.

I was kidding Kim, I didn't call dr b's at all. Well, once, when i was having second thoughts and I wanted my $$ back, only to find out minutes later that I was approved. Once I heard that word, I was having surgery.

I delayed my surgery by my own choice because I wanted to get my $$ and PTO in order before Surgery. I had surgery on my mom's birthday.

I felt it was a special sign to have it on her special day. She's in heaven now, but It's ok. She would have been against the surgery, but I am a grown up now. Atleast I think so on paper.

Wavy = Karen can send you some patience. We all do well. We will be there for you incase you have second thoughts, gosh I had so many thats' how I wound up here on LBT. I was considering the band, until I realized I couldn't committ to the follow up care, I'm just not good with maintence things, like getting my nails done and stuff like that.

Well, I did the email route, and i found out that they havent got anything. First thing tomorrow, i start bugging the other offices. I am hoping they will let me drive by and pick up the stuff and drop it off at Dr B's.