Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It's Been A Long Road

It has been a long road that is for sure. I was banded in 2008 at 29 years old, I can not remember a time when I would describe myself as “skinny”. I attended my first weight watchers meeting at the age of 13. I was always “the big girl”. My starting weight with this journey was 291 pounds, I currently weigh 213. For the first 2 years after I was banded I followed the program the way I should have allowing a few slips here and there for special occasions. The 3rd year I was a little more lax but maintained my weight loss and fluctuated between 200 and 210. The last 2 years have been a disaster as far as my food choices. I am very lucky that I have not gained more than I have but want to get myself in-check! I started to notice that my size 16 pants are becoming to tight and I need to do something NOW before I am back in a 24 where I started!!! So today is the first day of a liquid diet, if I could do it before I had the band for 3 weeks I can do it for a couple of days now. My band needs a chance to rest, even though I have pretty good restriction I want to feel like I am starting from the beginning again. And my goal weight is much closer than it was at 291 lbs! I have been thinking all day what I want my goal weight to be and I think I have settled on 165. I know I can loose 48 lbs, I did that a few times over the years without the band. So here I go, today is a fresh start. I can’t wait to feel successful again!

its a great post..thanks for sharing

and a great reminder that we all get a fresh start aka new day,every day:)

Well I made it through day one with only liquids! Here I come day 2 :)

Well I made it through day one with only liquids! Here I come day 2 :)

with that type of great attitude, girl you CANNOT go wrong

:rolleyes: This is the kind of post I love to read. I am also beginning on the next leg of my losing journey. I've lost my "zone" by overeating. Now I'm cutting my meals in 1/2 to shrink & find my sweet spot. Wish me good roads ahead . . and pray for few potholes. . . .. . . . ;)

I'm convinced that if we didn't get in a rut occasionally we wouldn't be normal. It's like newlyweds on their honeymoon and everything seems perfect. Well, the honeymoon eventually ends. It's the same with the band, the honeymoon is over and we tend to get lax. Well, good for you for giving yourself a fresh start! Good luck with your second honeymoon !

Thank yo all so much for all the support. I made it through another day and it is bedtime now! Today was much easier since I had to work it kept my mind off food. One more day of liquids and then I can start my "mushy" phase, I have never been so excited to have tuna fish, lol!

I made it through my 3rd day of liquids and started on some soft foods today. Don't feel good today, I have a bad headache but not hungry because I feel bad...I know the headache is related to low carbs and not as much caffeine as I have given up diet sodas as well and have not had one since Saturday. This to shall pass I have been through carb/caffeine withdrawal more than once :wacko:!

Wow! Congratulations on starting over. That is what I love about the band. It's always easy to start over. Good luck on your journey.

Thank you Lady. Getting back on this website has helped so much! I am feeling great today and am still 100% motivated :)

Hi Nursejen, I too am "starting over" but much closer to goal! I started at 284, got down to 212 in 10 months, then completely fell "off the wagon," eating slider foods and eating too much even though it made me feel terrible (physically and mentally). I gained back 24 lbs. That was a bummer to see- of course, I had stopped weighing myself too. As of August 1, I started over, and my first wid I had lost 5.5 lbs! I know a lot of it is Water weight, but it was still nice to see, LOL.

I log everything into MyFitnessPal, it totally keeps me on track. And I Portion Control and eat by the rules, with Protein first and small bites, no drinking while eating and no soda at all (that is one rule I did keep, well two, I didnt' and don't drink with my meals and I gave up a 2+ liter a day soda habit before I was banded).

The band is always here to help, but we definitely have to do our part! As CarolinaGirl says, every day we have is a new start!

Good luck!

Nicki