Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What you ladies are experiencing is bandster hell. This is common until you've had a few fills. This is a time for healing and not to focus in weight loss. Some will Lise during this time but many don't.stay hydrated.

Yeah I'm right there with you. I was banded Dec 16th and I won't get my first fill till this coming Friday. I lost 8 lbs in the two week liquid stage but have been stuck with the same plus / minus 1 lb for the past three weeks. It's depressing. I try not to worry about the scale but it's hard with being so close to having Weight Loss Surgery! I'm hungry just about all the time too. I'm eating a lot more than I should. I try to stop eating after my small portion but that only lasts about an hour or so and I'm starving again. Constant grazing is not good and I can't wait till my first fill. I'm glad to see I'm not alone. Bandster hell is definitely a good name for it.

Hey, I was banded 12/26 and I've lost 10 lbs. I lost most of that the first 2 weeks. went to get a fill last week and my np thought I needed to be eating more Protein and drinking more. Being a nurse myself I reluctantly agreed. I'm still not losing any more but I feel better. Not as tired and I'm cleared for exercise. She suggested keeping a food diary to track portion sizes and Proteins. Make sure you eat your proteins first and that you actually are eating enough. Good luck!

Banded Dec 4. Lost 33 lbs so far with 2 small fills. Have about 15 more to go and notice a plateau for last couple weeks. Should I get another fill or wait? Exercise 5 days and eat sensible.

Banded Dec 4. Lost 33 lbs so far with 2 small fills. Have about 15 more to go and notice a plateau for last couple weeks. Should I get another fill or wait? Exercise 5 days and eat sensible.

I guess some questions to ask / answer ... how long are you satisfied between eating your specific volume of food? My doc and nut say that 4oz at a meal should last me about 4 hours (if I remember correctly). If you're still hungry more often, then yeah a fill might be in order to help you pass that plateau.

Do you do the same exact exercises every week? Are you doing weights and increasing the weight / reps? Are you doing cardio - increasing intensity / incline / duration whatever? I've read that if you do the same thing your body may get used to it and may plateau. Also, if you are doing weights, could you be gaining muscle while losing fat thus keeping you at a perceived plateau? How are the clothes fitting? Have you been measuring your waist or other areas? Is that still shrinking?

I've only had one fill. My surgeon goes slow on the fill schedule but aggressive with the amounts. She put in 4.8 cc's in my 10 cc band on my first fill. I'll finally get my second one in about 2 weeks.

I eat more than 4 oz for sure! Exercise plan is very good with variety each workout. I am not hungry between meals but for example I ate a small caesar salad and 2 crab cakes last night with no problem. Went from size 20 to 14 but my weight is mostly now in the stomach. Legs and thighs are perfect. I lost quickly the first 3 months so realize it will slow down but since have plateaued a few weeks I wanted to see if that is normal before rushing for another fill. Never have had discomfort and trying my best to avoid being overfilled (whatever that point may be)

I'd suggest to go and talk to your surgeon. Sounds like maybe a small fill might be in order.

I'm still eating more than I should and can't wait till I can get my second fill.

I am at about the same situation. I was banded Dec 9 and have lost about 30 pounds so far. I have had 2 fills of 2cc each, the last fill was the end of January. When I went for my February appt my surgeon said that since I had lost 4 pounds he wasn't going to give me another fill. He feels that optimum weight loss is about a pound a week and my initial rapid loss was rare. We shall see what his thoughts are when I go in a couple of weeks again, I think I'm only down about a pound. I track what I eat on MyFitnessPal, keeping to about 900-1000 calories a day. I will admit, my exercise hasn't been too good and I know I need to step it up. Can't wait for the weather to break and be able to get outside and walk! I would like to lose another 30-40 pounds and I think that as we get closer to our goal it's going to be harder to lose those last few pounds. Since today is my 3 month mark, I am going to take my measurements and record in the binder that my clinic gave me. Measurements are as important as the # on the scale. Keep up the good work, we will all get there!!