Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any other September 2013 bandsters?

Hey debbie i had the same problem i was eating the right food.. perhaps portion wise a little too much but total calories for the day averaged at 1100 which is below the 1300 which was recommended.. the scale stayed steady... so i stopped going to the gym for a few days.. and weirdly enough the scale moved downwards.. when i asked the NUT when i saw her tueday for my 2nd fill she said i most likely was not eating enough calories and that my body was holding on to everything.. working out is a new thing for me.. so perhaps you can do one of two things.. slow the work out down a little and keep the calories where they are or just increase them for a few days and see what the body tells you

just remember you aren't alone every one of us will or had been through this with you.. you can and will get past this.. also make sure you are getting more than 60g of protien a day when you work out the body needs this to run well.

HI folks! Glad to see most of you are doing well.

I agree about the eating too few calories. I'm erring on the side of more calories, even though it may take the weight off slower. Got to make sure I get my Protein.

What is everyone eating for meals lately?

PS Anyone else constipated? I am having a hard time (pun intended!!).

i agree with 5.Ojunkie - Fiber, fiber, fiber....and roughage (lettuce, veggies, etc). That seems to be one area I'm not having issue with...lol

I understand cheese can cause it also...so look at how much of that you are eating a day.

Fiber also will curb hunger by making you feel fuller longer.

Debbie I'm going to have to disagree partly with you on the roughage. While it has its benefits, you should be choosing veggies with higher Protein and fiber levels. Most veggies, with the band, are of no actual benefit to feeling full as they tend to be more of a slider food. Lettuce is the perfect example of non filling. It's packed with Water and has very little nutritional benefit. It's better to eat good, nutrition based meals to stay feeling fuller longer with the band. Drink more fluids and add fiber to help with the rest.

Well, maybe that's what I'm doing wrong... And why I'm not staying full between meals.

what are some high fiber items n qtys you use?

One of my go to's is seared green Beans or I actually started cooking green beans and carrots together in a sauce pan, boil them for a while with different seasonings and once the sauce is gone let them sear for a few min. Depending on the flavors I add they taste great and keep me full. Another thing is black beans with chicken. I take canned chicken and boil it in some Water in a sauce pan and add fajita seasoning. I boil it down and the chicken becomes super soft. Top the black beans with the chicken, add some fresh salsa and a little low fat shredded cheese. It's basically a burrito with no tortilla.

There are lots of ideas and recipes out there. You might try and search for "whole food diet" and see what you find. Also look up high Protein veggies. There are tons out there and you'll be surprised at which veggies actually carry no real nutritional value. When I like to cheat a little, say on my high calorie days, I have a baked bean recipe that I use that's basically a meal in itself. Barbecue is prevalent here in Oklahoma so I also do a lot of baked beans with chopped brisket mixed in. Barbecue is typically my lunch go to. Turkey or chopped beef with green beans. I also do Mexican. Fajita chicken and steamed beans or black beans. On my higher cal days Ill do a quesadilla or tamale.

It's also worth while to look up fruits and there values. Again, lots of surprises. Stick to higher fiber fruits, less acidic fruits. Fruits just like veggies can be sliders so again its worth it to get the most benefit of fullness and use supplements and Vitamins to gain things you may be lacking.

my 1st non-scale victory today!!

http://www.debbieposton.com/my-1st-nsv-non-scale-victory/

let me know what you think and what NSV you've had?

Today is my 2 month bandaversary. Yippee!!!! I have lost 18 pounds so far. Its been slow but Im getting better at this. Tomorrow I will have my first fill. I have 5cc from surgery in my 10cc band.

<p>my 1st non-scale victory today!!</p> <p> </p> <p><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://www.debbieposton.com/my-1st-nsv-non-scale-victory/'>http://www.debbieposton.com/my-1st-nsv-non-scale-victory/</a></p> <p> </p> <p>let me know what you think and what NSV you've had?</p>

Wow! You look great.

18 lbs is not slow. You're doing great!

Debbie, my NSV is (TMI ALERT!!!) getting my period on my own. It's been several years since that's happened. OK, maybe it's not really a victory after all. LOL!!!

PS I'm hungry. Now I understand bandster hell.

One of my go to's is seared green Beans or I actually started cooking green beans and carrots together in a sauce pan, boil them for a while with different seasonings and once the sauce is gone let them sear for a few min. Depending on the flavors I add they taste great and keep me full. Another thing is black beans with chicken. I take canned chicken and boil it in some Water in a sauce pan and add fajita seasoning. I boil it down and the chicken becomes super soft. Top the black beans with the chicken, add some fresh salsa and a little low fat shredded cheese. It's basically a burrito with no tortilla.

There are lots of ideas and recipes out there. You might try and search for "whole food diet" and see what you find. Also look up high Protein veggies. There are tons out there and you'll be surprised at which veggies actually carry no real nutritional value. When I like to cheat a little, say on my high calorie days, I have a baked bean recipe that I use that's basically a meal in itself. Barbecue is prevalent here in Oklahoma so I also do a lot of baked beans with chopped brisket mixed in. Barbecue is typically my lunch go to. Turkey or chopped beef with green beans. I also do Mexican. Fajita chicken and steamed beans or black beans. On my higher cal days Ill do a quesadilla or tamale.

It's also worth while to look up fruits and there values. Again, lots of surprises. Stick to higher fiber fruits, less acidic fruits. Fruits just like veggies can be sliders so again its worth it to get the most benefit of fullness and use supplements and Vitamins to gain things you may be lacking.

Thank you!! I am going to use some of your ideas. I'm originally from N.Carolina so bbq was a biggy for us too.

Anyone have days when you eat something you feel really full for the rest of the day and others you feel hungry all day?? Today I ate lunch and had one Protein Shake and I feel really really full almost too full. Ugh I hate that feeling.

YES! and other days where you feel you could eat anything not nailed down! It really is a day-to-day struggle sometimes...

I'm not saying I ate the best choice but I essentially had a sandwich - wheat bread and I have been near miserably full since then and that was 5-6 hours ago!