Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any other September 2013 bandsters?

Are you noticing more restriction and being satisfied longer after the 2nd fill? more so than the 1st? It seems I can eat about the same but I am staying full longer now.

Yea that seems to be my only change as well. Also too big of bites or not chewing enough cause a bit is pressure. I have a friend that is a few months ahead of me on this journey and is just now getting to the point where some foods are a no go. I am so ready to be there!!

Are you noticing more restriction and being satisfied longer after the 2nd fill? more so than the 1st? It seems I can eat about the same but I am staying full longer now.

Yea that seems to be my only change as well. Also too big of bites or not chewing enough cause a bit is pressure. I have a friend that is a few months ahead of me on this journey and is just now getting to the point where some foods are a no go. I am so ready to be there!!

. I guess we should watch what we wish for but I keep hoping I get to that point where there are foods I cannot eat as well!

. I guess we should watch what we wish for but I keep hoping I get to that point where there are foods I cannot eat as well!

Yes, I ate a 1/2 bag of peanut M&Ms over the weekend since it was raining for 3 days here and all i could do was play on the computer and clean house... I did notice that broccoli is going down harder now than it did before the 2nd fill...Why can't the M&Ms be a trouble food that won't go down? LOL they are going to be the death of me....

I still lost 1.4 lbs this week though so I guess all is not lost :)

I have had my band for about 2.5 months now. After my first fill, I noticed the burping issue. I asked my Dr about it and they said I could be eating or drinking too fast. So I have been making an effort to wait a little bit longer between bites and drink Water a little slower. It has helped some.

I have had my band for about 2.5 months now. After my first fill, I noticed the burping issue. I asked my Dr about it and they said I could be eating or drinking too fast. So I have been making an effort to wait a little bit longer between bites and drink Water a little slower. It has helped some.

Anyone else having an issue with belching. I think I must trap air in my stomach when I eat, and then when I get up to move it escapes. :-) It's really lady like...

Yes i burb more now than i ever did before.. so much for them telling me that it would be an issue :).. i say go with it.. that if any one says or looks at you just smile your biggest smile like you have a secret and your not telling...

I burp a lot more now...I think it's just part of it. No biggie lol. I imagine after we have this for a year or so it may not be as bad. Our bodies will become accustomed to the change by then and hopefully we will take in less air as we relearn how to eat!

I am doing ok eating. It's darn drinking that is a toughie! I have zero desire to drink. I have to go out of my way to get in my liquids, and even then I may not get them all in. I REALLY miss drinking with meals. ....BUT I do not miss my weight. Today I went shopping and tried on size 18/20 sweaters and it fit perfectly and actually looked good. My size 18 jeans are baggy. My goal is for my birthday around New Years to be able to shop in a NORMAL store. I hope I get there. :)

I am doing ok eating. It's darn drinking that is a toughie! I have zero desire to drink. I have to go out of my way to get in my liquids, and even then I may not get them all in. I REALLY miss drinking with meals. ....BUT I do not miss my weight. Today I went shopping and tried on size 18/20 sweaters and it fit perfectly and actually looked good. My size 18 jeans are baggy. My goal is for my birthday around New Years to be able to shop in a NORMAL store. I hope I get there. :)

you will get there! Keep up the good work! I focus on 2 16oz bottles of Water a day then I refill them. this way I know I am getting the 8 8oz that I need but I have a tough time also. It seems I want to eat mostly until lunch time then after lunch I focus on water until dinner. I am hoping this will help me with the afternoon cravings as well since I am so waterlogged...lol

Water gets easier the more you do it...

I am finding about one day a week I am so hungry. I follow the plan but I am still hungry. Anyone else find that to be true.

I am finding about one day a week I am so hungry. I follow the plan but I am still hungry. Anyone else find that to be true.

You probably won't feel satisfied for 4 hours all the time till you get enough fills to give you that level of satiety. And even then it's normal to feel hungry if you eat slider foods in place of Protein first. You said earlier, you're 7 weeks out but not eating all foods? Why are you not eating regular food?

And it took many months of being banded for most of us to discern the difference between true hunger and cravings.

You probably won't feel satisfied for 4 hours all the time till you get enough fills to give you that level of satiety. And even then it's normal to feel hungry if you eat slider foods in place of Protein first. You said earlier, you're 7 weeks out but not eating all foods? Why are you not eating regular food?

And it took many months of being banded for most of us to discern the difference between true hunger and cravings.

. I am eating all foods. I have not had any problems with food getting stuck.

Hi guys, I hope everyone had a great holiday! I had 5 days off, thanksgiving, 2 birthdays, a company party, a friday night out with friends with alcohol, and an episode with a party size bag of peanut M&Ms over the past 10 days. I also didn't exercise or track my food, Protein or Water.< /p>

I've gained 3 lbs!! I'm not sure what came over me but I think I lost my mind! It just still seems like so much work...I just wanted to relax and enjoy my time off. However, the m&ms were me stressing over not doing anything right. I realize that now...

So today, I am back on track but feeling like crap for what I've done. Any words of wisdom??

Hi guys, I hope everyone had a great holiday! I had 5 days off, thanksgiving, 2 birthdays, a company party, a friday night out with friends with alcohol, and an episode with a party size bag of peanut M&Ms over the past 10 days. I also didn't exercise or track my food, Protein or Water. I've gained 3 lbs!! I'm not sure what came over me but I think I lost my mind! It just still seems like so much work...I just wanted to relax and enjoy my time off. However, the m&ms were me stressing over not doing anything right. I realize that now... So today, I am back on track but feeling like crap for what I've done. Any words of wisdom??

Don't heat yourself up. The slip ups are going to happen, don't expect perfection from yourself. This is a life long journey. Just start back up today with the healthy habits.

Hi guys, I hope everyone had a great holiday! I had 5 days off, thanksgiving, 2 birthdays, a company party, a friday night out with friends with alcohol, and an episode with a party size bag of peanut M&Ms over the past 10 days. I also didn't exercise or track my food, Protein or Water.< /p>

I've gained 3 lbs!! I'm not sure what came over me but I think I lost my mind! It just still seems like so much work...I just wanted to relax and enjoy my time off. However, the m&ms were me stressing over not doing anything right. I realize that now...

So today, I am back on track but feeling like crap for what I've done. Any words of wisdom??

I had a similar week, we just have to keep moving forward and not let the past beat us up.

Hi guys, I hope everyone had a great holiday! I had 5 days off, thanksgiving, 2 birthdays, a company party, a friday night out with friends with alcohol, and an episode with a party size bag of peanut M&Ms over the past 10 days. I also didn't exercise or track my food, Protein or Water. I've gained 3 lbs!! I'm not sure what came over me but I think I lost my mind! It just still seems like so much work...I just wanted to relax and enjoy my time off. However, the m&ms were me stressing over not doing anything right. I realize that now... So today, I am back on track but feeling like crap for what I've done. Any words of wisdom??

Don't heat yourself up. The slip ups are going to happen, don't expect perfection from yourself. This is a life long journey. Just start back up today with the healthy habits.

Well for the past 2 days I've managed to eat the right stuff and walk 2 miles a day...lets see if I can keep that up for 3 more days...I will feel much better when I weigh in on Friday no matter what the scale says :)

<p>Hi guys, I hope everyone had a great holiday! I had 5 days off, thanksgiving, 2 birthdays, a company party, a friday night out with friends with alcohol, and an episode with a party size bag of peanut M&Ms over the past 10 days. I also didn't exercise or track my food, Protein or water.</p> <p> I've gained 3 lbs!! I'm not sure what came over me but I think I lost my mind! It just still seems like so much work...I just wanted to relax and enjoy my time off. However, the m&ms were me stressing over not doing anything right. I realize that now...</p> <p> </p> <p>So today, I am back on track but feeling like crap for what I've done. Any words of wisdom??</p>

Peanut M&M's is the drug of my choice...omg!!! At the height of my "addiction" I would eat about a pound a day. I had to give them up completely (as I did with all candy) because if I didn't every stressful situation I came into, my hand would be in the candy jar.

I can tell you that the key to my sanity and success over the holiday week last week was that I planned each eating day in advance. I only ate what I could fit on a saucer size plate and didn't go back for seconds. I brought sugar free pudding and ate that at dessert time. I was still part of the eating festivities, but on my own terms. Then I planned a walk around the "big" block with my son. He took his bike and I walked. I found that if I plan to walk by myself during an eating day, then I may not be motivated to move, but plan it with someone who won't forget (like my 8 year old son) then I have to move because he will hold me to it!!

Lastly, I planned a weigh in at my surgeons office the day after thanksgiving. Crazy as that sounds, it totally was a deterrent. I lost 6.5 pounds since my last weigh in on November 8th. My next appointment is the day after Christmas!

I love reading your posts and blog...you are such am inspiration.