Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NEED A BUDDY/MENTOR

Hello, I am looking for someone to mentor me on this journey to successful weight loss. Currently I am in the Pre-Pre op phase in which I am on a diet of Protein Shakes in the morning and lunch and then a lean Protein and dark green veggie for dinner. 2 weeks before the surgery I will only be able to have 3 protein shakes a day and no snacking. I do not have a surgery date yet as I am waiting for the surgeon to review all of my completed pre-op stuff. I suspect, my surgery will be sometime in August. I am struggling a bit with my diet but some aspects of it I'm ok. Anyway, I am always encouraged by what I read about others and I would like to have someone walk with me through the process.

Thanks

Hi Ollie, my name is Evelyn and I am going to be banded Aug.26,2013. and Im on the 2 shakes and hi Protein for dinner. what type of shakes are u on, If you would like to keep up thru email I don't mind is bakerlady1@msn.com. I would love to be lap band partners

Hi Ollie, my name is Evelyn and I am going to be banded Aug.26,2013. and Im on the 2 shakes and hi Protein for dinner. what type of shakes are u on, If you would like to keep up thru email I don't mind is bakerlady1@msn.com. I would love to be lap band partners

Hi Evelyn thanks for responding. My email is chesscott245@gmail.com and I am happy to have someone to go through this with. How are you doing with sticking to your diet? I have not been doing so good but I keep trying. I am guessing that my surgery will be at the end of August because it is in the final stages of review by the surgeon now. My insurance will take about 3 days to approve it and I will be on my way. I went through all of this 2 years ago when I was going to have the gastric bypass. I was already pre-admitted into the hospital and 2 days away from surgery when I backed out. I have the same insurance and the same bariatric surgeon so I am sure everything will be the same. I feel so much more comfortable with choosing the lap band although I know this journey will be tough in the beginning. On another note, I have been able to accomplish getting 60+ grams of protein in everyday and 64 ounces of Fluid. Ok, so I got some Protein Shake mix from Walmart...(not the red/black ones) but another brand...I will email you later with the name. Anyway, I went on Amazon and ordered this amazing protein shake cookbook from Bariatric Foodie and it is great. I usually make the creamsickle shake in the morning or a raspberry mocha frappachino. I make the raspberry mocha frappachino by mixing 8oz plain lowfat soy milk, 1 Tbs. sugar free raspberry Syrup, 2oz Decaf coffee and 1 scoop of chocolate flavored protein mix....OMG its soooo good. Anyway, sorry for talking you ear off :-)