Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Really tired

Has anyone else had those days when you are just really really tired?

I had a rough weekend, didn't really move much. Stayed home in my AC and just read ALL day on Saturday. (Really people I read 2 800 page books) after which I was stiff and nearly blind. I really needed some down time, but today I still feel as though I didn't rest at all.

Anyone else feeling that?

Are you on blood pressure meds? I had problem with lethargy about two months after surgery. The nurse told me that it could be my blood pressure meds; possibly needed a lower dose, or didn't need them at all. I was surprised that I was able to stop them so quickly, but that's what it was. I stopped the blood pressure meds, and was fine. My numbers have been totally normal since. Just a thought.....

The other thing......if you live where it's really hot right now, that can do a number on you, too. When it gets very hot and humid, I find it almost impossible to giddy up for anything.

And lastly (the obvious), call you doctor and let him/her know how you are feeling. There is an assortment of things that can cause what you're feeling, including Vitamin deficiency. Your doc would be the best to advise :)

You know I am on blood pressure meds. 2 different ones as a matter of fact. I am going to call the Dr. and see if I can get in there because you could have a point. with a 25 pound loss they might be too high now and that's really impacting me getting up to move. I'm tired almost all the time.

Thank you, dialing now :D

You know I am on blood pressure meds. 2 different ones as a matter of fact. I am going to call the Dr. and see if I can get in there because you could have a point. with a 25 pound loss they might be too high now and that's really impacting me getting up to move. I'm tired almost all the time.

Thank you, dialing now :D

I'll be interested to know the outcome. My cardiologist told me a long time ago, that if I lost weight; not even ALL my weight, it would make a dramatic difference.....could possibly stop taking the meds. I only took one blood pressure med, and it was the lowest dose. Now....no more!

In my classes before my WLS, they cautioned us of changes that could come quickly, in relationship to blood pressure meds. If we started feeling tired, dizzy, etc., that could be it. It's not only the weight loss, it's cutting out all the crap along with it.

I will let you know what they say as soon as I see the Dr. I have the feeling it could be that, I have been having that dizzy feeling every now and then, and just brushing it off ot feeling tired. I know that it's not lack of sleep though, I have been sleeping at least 8 hours but still tired. I'll post as soon as I have some answers. Thanks for the kick in the pants to get to the Dr!