Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 40 years old. I was born and raised in Indiana. I was born in Corydon and then given up for adoption at 11 months old, where I was raised in Mishawaka by the most amazing parents in the world. The cards were stacked against me from the get go. My biological mother has fought her weight most her life and suffers from many ailments both weight related and not weight related. My biological father was obese and in the end died because he was unhealthy (according to a biological cousin. My biological fathers family is not in contact with me except for a cousin who is a Facebook friend). I know that the weight is on me and because of my poor choices but let me be clear about the fact that my beautiful Momma is a Hawaiian Hillbilly (Gramma is Hawaiian and Grandpa was from Tennessee). Needless to say everything was fried with gravy and potatoes and foods was and still is the central component to family gatherings.

I am forty, I am super obese, I have high blood pressure, diabetes, sleep apnea, arthritis, pcos and fertility issues. My clock has damn near stopped ticking and I want babies. I have been told and know that when I lose weight I can and have gotten pregnant. We lost a baby 11 years ago after I lost 90 pounds on the Atkins induction phase. Needless to say after that I gained back all the weight and some. I used my time after I finished being crazy with grief to better myself, I graduated with a dual bachelors degree in elementary and special education in May of 2012. I have meant ally improved to be a better parent and now I am going to work on my health.

While my husband is super supportive he also loves me and a little some cushion. I think he is freaked out about my changing and he is angry because diets do not work for me and I have to o something so drastic to get healthy. I want to make sure you get that it is not that he is angry at me because he sees my duly struggles, he is just angry at the situation and how unfair it is that other people are so mean and judgmental. Our entire family thinks this is a great opportunity.

Well there is my story in a nutshell. I am embarking on a life changing journey and I am excited, frightened and impatient...I want it to be my surgery day tomorrow. I am starting a pre pre-op diet on August 31st. This means I will be having a Protein shake for Breakfast in place of my usual egg mc muffin and hash browns, and cutting out sugar and carbs. This way I can get through the carb withdrawal before having to deal with the very little food I will get during my three week pre op diet.