Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Yea! I did it! Had surgery Monday and feel great! Hardly would have known Tuesday that I had had surgery the previous day! Didn't think it would be so pain free. Yes I have had Advil twice a day and only had prescription med. (1/2 dose) on Monday. The only pain I have had is incisional pain. I have been kind of sluggish but went out shopping for an hour on Wed. and have been out Thurs and today. My doctor put me on all liquids this week and that has been fine also. I guess the real challenge will be Mon when I start more soft solids. Wish me luck!

I am 4 days out also and I feel great. I have had more energy today but I started my supplements today so I don't know if they had anything to do with it. I went to the grocery store today with my husband and felt pretty good walking around. It's hard to believe I just had major surgery!!! Have you been hungry?? I feel like I have to eat every hour. Today I had yogurt with some fruit blended in it and some split pea Soup that I put in the blender and that kept me full longer. I just find it weird that my stomach had been growling.

Glad you're doing well. Congratulations!

Thanks a lot! That means a lot coming from you as I noticed you have only 1 lb to goal!!! Congratulations! Hope I do as well as you!

Steffyp,

Wow you are way ahead of me! I am still on full liquids for the first week. I can have yogurt but no fruit. I have tried my grandson's gogurt-it comes in a stick- and they are wonderful! My next goal is to try greek yogurt- which is a little thicker. I am really nervous about getting something stuck!!! What kind of yogurt did you eat? I start a progression of food this Monday. It starts with cottage cheese. I have not been hungry at all- maybe too scared to eat! However my stomach has not growled once. I do have 2 Protein Shakes a day and that is 40 g Protein. Have you tried protein shakes? I like Slimfast High Protein-chocolate. They aren't bad at all. Keep in touch and let me know how it goes! Good Luck!

I started Protein Shakes yesterday, and that did help some, but after having a cup of broth which takes 30 min or longer to finish, less than an hour later my stomach growls!! I am so afraid of getting something stuck also. I use yoplait vanilla yogurt and I have frozen fruit and bananas that I put in the blender so there are no chunks it's all smooth. I put some ice in the blender too so it's liquid, just a little more filling. Sounds like your diet is more restrictive than mine, but at this point my band is wide open. I don't get a fill until 6 weeks post op. In the hosp I had a thicker broth than I have here and also italian ice. My yogurt kind of reminds me of the italian ice, it's just not frozen. I will definitely keep in touch and keep me posted on your progress as well. :D

Congrats make sure you take it easy and rest your body even though you may be feeling good :wub:

Oh for sure!! My husband has been spoiling me and I'm taking full advantage!! LOL!! I don't get this treatment too often. My dr said to walk as much as I can, so I have been doing that. Other than that, I'm on the couch.

Congratulations! I had no problems having my band placed. I would not part with it now it is a part of me. . . :P