Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I got a new attitude

I am almost 1 year post op and sadly I have only lost about 25lbs. I know that the 25lbs lost is because of the diet and exercise efforts that I have put forth. I can't blame life issues or the band not working. Today I can accept responsibility for being where I am. But today I am feeling more motivated and more encouraged and determined than I have in a long time. The only way I can fail is if I chose not to do my part and failure is not an option for me. Yesterday I scrolled through and read some posts and looked at some pictures and it dawned in me. Its not too late to get back on track. I can do this too !!! I have tools. My doctor no longer accepts my insurance so I am on my own until January when I can change my plan. Any suggestions to help me make progress until I can see my doctor would be helpful.

Begin again. Adopt the behaviors of a newly banded person - liquids for a week or two, mushies and then lots of fish and poultry. Having the band already is your biggest bonus. You know what you have to do and it can be done. Don't be discouraged...we are waiting to hear your success stories soon!

Hi there and congratulations to getting back on track. I see it's almost a year since your surgery. I would take the next couple of days to just doing liquids. You know the post-op diet, then mushies and then solid foods so that your body and band can get back in the mode of losing weight. You may even want to do the liquids for 5 days and so forth. Watch your portion sizes when you finally eat and make sure you are getting at least 60 to 80 grams of Protein in. And when you feel like it, add in exercise to help you. Good luck.

25 pounds is a good start. I've read many posts where folks have gained instead of losing. Look on the bright side, and get back on track.

Thank you guys so much for the support and encouragement. I need it! I started my liquids today and I'm off to a good start

Good luck, making the decision to take control of it again is really the first step!

Hi. I'm in the same boat!!! It's almost a year since my band surgery and I've basically only lost 10 lbs. So disappointed in myself. However, I'm going to look on the bright side and be happy that I at least haven't gained.

Hardest thing for me is the mental aspects (slowing down my eating, portions, eating when not hungry just because everyone else is!). I've lost 3 lbs. in the last month by sticking with Pure Protein shakes in the morning with an extra scoop of Protein powder making it a 50g of Protein, salads or chili for lunch and an early dinner (if I'm hungry).

I'm trying my best to stick with it. We can do this!!!

First....I congratulate you on having the desire to make this work. And the 25 lb loss.

You say you know the loss is due to your "diet" and "exercise" effort. Thats great willpower! Sticking with a "diet" for almost a year. :)

Has the band ever done anything for you? Were you ever able to sense any restriction due to having it adjusted? Did your surgeon do any fills/adjustments?

The reason I inquire, is I see from your profile that your surgery was on Aug 6th of last year. I would hope....HOPE, that any surgeon/doctor could understand your insurance situation and provide some means of allowing you to have your BAND WORK. After all, he/she probably received a nice sum of $$ to install the band. Have you spoken with them about possibly seeing you prior to January? If you are not experiencing any problematic symptoms, a simple adjustment should be fairly inexpensive. Lots of doctors even include the 1st year adjustments with the surgery costs? Just some suggestions....I wish you much success! Best wishes :)