Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Should I get an Unfill?

As of yesterday, I had 4.9 cc's in my 10cc band and have not done as I should in the past 6 months. I went in for a fill which put me between 5.1 and 5.5 cc (because some of the Fluid leaked out). My concern is I have never had any problems with being stuck or vomiting in the year I have been banded. I was able to eat some Soup twice earlier in the day and about 20 oz of Water. Later in the evening I was not able to take down Protein Shake or water. Should I give it another day to see if my band adjusts to be able to eat or should I call to schedule an unfill? Thanks for all responses.

Just be really careful... I wasn't able to get down Water about two weeks ago and had to go in and have Fluid removed... I would say give till tomorrow to see if anything changes and if not def make an appt bc you'll run the risk of stretching it when you switch to something more solid and that def stinks!!

Not being able to drink any fluids is a potentially dangerous situation. Dehydration is a risk that can put you in the hospital.

I would definitely call your surgeon's office and ask for their opinion. Sometimes the restriction will ease after a day or so,, however not being able to have even Water is not acceptable. It reads to me that you are too tight.

Call your physician ASAP.

What do you do if you have fill on Friday and can't get Water down? Will I be ok if I wait till Monday?

What do you do if you have fill on Friday and can't get Water down? Will I be ok if I wait till Monday?

I hope you are okay. Did you have to get an unfill? I had 1.5cc removed today and an Upper GI to make sure my band was okay.

Not being able to get down fluids makes the situation worse and tightens you further. If you can't get down Water or any liquid to hydrate you then the band can begin to act like a boa constrictor on your stomach. Dehydration is one of the bandster's worst enemies!

I hope you are okay. Did you have to get an unfill? I had 1.5cc removed today and an Upper GI to make sure my band was okay.

Thank you, yes I'm much better. After 3 days with no food... And little Water I went for 1cc unfill. I lost 7lbs from Friday till Monday. Wish to keep that off. Have only had liquids and no appetite but feeling better. Maybe this will be enough cause my last two fills did nothing but 3rd put me over the line