Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Problem with Lap Band after 3 yrs no problems

Hello:) I'm new and have a question regarding my lapband which was put in May 2010. I went through surgery just fine, came home on liquids about a week, soft about a week and solids with the exception of the obvious foods that down go down easily (steak,pork,tougher meats) for 3 years I had no problems at all. I was up to 10cc and needed a fill , but being on Medicaid right now (soon to get insurance tho) they will not pay for my fill. I had insurance when I got it. My question tho is...a week ago yesterday I was eating a handful of blueberries and had eaten about 5 when I felt pressure and realized I needed to stop eating them. I threw up finally ...but after that I was unable to eat any solids at all...I felt very tight and threw up any sold I swallowed. Went to ER at the hospital where I was banded and they removed 10cc. I am down to 3 which is my original amount. I have not had a lot of luck with the band although I don't regret having it. Just wondering if anyone has had this happen. Going for follow up appointment the 11th and hopefully they will be able to determine the cause. I had an xray at hospital and it showed that the band was in the right place and nothing unusual about it. I'm being careful of what I eat and am getting full quickly but it is just so strange .....

Just to clarify......you had No problems for three years? Or you have not had a lot of luck with the band for three years....

Plus you say you had 10cc removed, with 3cc remaining...that was a total of 13cc's....and you felt you needed an additional fill?...

And if I am reading this correctly, just recently you had your first stuck episode after eating a handful of blueberries?

How long has it been since your last fill.....

I have been banded for 2 1/2 years, and have had no problems...so I am just trying to understand your situation better....

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches