Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 2 weeks post op and brought my two little sons to the movies. What a challenge. I so wanted the popcorn that my boys had. I know it isn't a great choice but I settled for a lollipop. It took a while to eat and tasted good. Better than what I would have normally have often. What do you bring when you go to the movies?

When we go to the movies, my husband usually gets popcorn. I may pour a little bit into a box & nibble on it. And I add it to my daily calorie allotment.

The BEST thing I've found for the movies, is eating lunch/dinner before going. If I walk in on a full stomach, I'm not interested in snacking.

I've been the same route and I did buy a child's popcorn no butter and. I did drink a diet coke. My doctor has no problem with diet soda in moderation. Being 10 days post op I would not advise it for now. Carry sugar free hard candy to suck on during the movie. Also, bottled Water is a good choice. It is a challenge with that popcorn smell however.

I agree with mrsinto. I don't snack at the movies. Having said that, if not being able to nibble will bother you, bring stuff with you....grapes, almonds, a cheese string....things that do way less damage than regular movie Snacks.< /p>

By the way, the lollipop sounds like a good idea...unless it was more calories than some popcorn. That's why I use myfitnesspal. Oh man...some of the food I used to eat was so laden with calories and fat and I didn't even realize how bad it was. It's empowering to know the calorie counts of things so you can make better choices.

Thanks everyone. I did eat lunch before I left just for that reason.i also brought my Water. The lollipop was only 60 calories, so I think I made an ok choice.

I LOVE going to the movies and it has been so hot lately that I've been to like 5 in the last week or so (no a/c at home). One time I brought 3 cups of plain air popped at home - which is listed as ok in my pre op diet but the rest of the time I have snuck in a bottle of Water, baby carrots or a Protein Shake. Getting from the box office to the entrance (past the snack lines) is like running the gauntlet for me. For whatever reason I also find the previews the hardest part - I think it is the past ritual for me. That is when I'd eat most of the popcorn anyhow. So I also go in a little later so I can be swept right into the movie.

I think finding a lo-cal lolly is a good idea - good job!

i make at home the little 100 calorie pop corn and bring it inside my purse (along with carrots/grapes)..just go and enjoy the movie and not over think it, just make good choices

i enjoy seeing movies....although very disappointed in the lone ranger even if i only saw it because of johnny depp.

i make at home the little 100 calorie pop corn and bring it inside my purse (along with carrots/grapes)..just go and enjoy the movie and not over think it, just make good choices

i enjoy seeing movies....although very disappointed in the lone ranger even if i only saw it because of johnny depp.

We saw Lone Ranger yesterday. Also disappointed.... There were some good parts, but overall.....too long & not great. The best movie we've seen this year was White House Down. Loved it!

my daughter and I went to see the Heat last week.. I ate about 1/2 cup of popcorn.. I was satisfied... counted it in my calories for the day... in old days I would eat a big tub and a big soda .. before the movie started... The Heat was funny .. had some rough language but it was rated R... so adults only...

I enjoyed The Heat!

Despicable Me 2 is great for kids and not dullsville for parents. Much Ado About Nothing is lovely and fun if you dig that kinda thing. World War Z was decent, and This Is The End was the most I've laughed in a movie in years - but the humor is very taste-specific.

I just took my kiddos to see Despicable Me 2 also, it was good, I got my kids a popcorn and a bottles Water to share. I ate before we went and took my to go bottle of water with me. I was fine during the movie, the popcorn smelled good but I didn't give in. I am also 19 days post op.

I literally counted the pieces I ate so I could log them later.